Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty American Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=84409)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.10.2015 10:21 PM

Oh to be sure quite literally raiders have been the WORST team of past 12 years.. that even including all the shit losses and they STILL a top5 franchise along with steelers packers 49ers cowboys is amazing. Though with this 4th Superbowl Pats are closing in on that 5spot yo for real! The only reason Pats aren't a solid top5 all time team is well, they really sucked bad from 60s-90s

schizophrenicroom 03.10.2015 10:52 PM

sucked is a nice way of putting it.

Rob Instigator 03.11.2015 11:01 AM

I dread watching Andre Johnson catching balls from Indianapolis QB Andrew Luck. Jesus fuck that is going to be ugly to see twice a year as a Texans fan, especially after we saddled Dre with shit QB's for all his 12 years here.

the ownership of the Texans do not want to win. They want to be "contenders" only, meaning they will spend just enough to make a shit ton of money and sell out the stadium but will never go for the brass ring and try to do what it takes to win a championship. That has always been my feeling.

Oil man McNair did not buy the Texan franchise because he loves football and wants to be a champion. He is a super rich oil billionaire. what he loves is making money, and the Texans make Top 5 money as far as NFL teams go.

fuck. what shit. I wish he was a baller like the Rooneys, the Krafts, etc.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.11.2015 01:57 PM

Don't feel bad, i got to watch Boldin AND torrey smith catch passes from Colin Crapernick on fortywhinerz jersies and i dearly love BOTH those former Raven greats. Nobody wins contested catches better than Boldin and nobody spreads the field better than Smith.. now? Fucking cheap ass ravens quietly in rebuild mode

schizophrenicroom 03.11.2015 04:27 PM

rob, how do you feel about mallett and hoyer?

Rob Instigator 03.11.2015 04:44 PM

Mallett is a 27 year old who has started 2 games, and only one of them did he play well, and it was against the Clevelanc "Doo Doo" Browns, who SUCK SHIT.

so now we have the Brown's ex-QB? shit. Both are suck ass fucks, lame fucking no-touch having assholes, who "look" the part of a QB. Fuck them both. Between David Carr, Matt Schaub, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum, Ryan Mallett, and now Hoyer, it is a fucking wonder that Andre Johnson stayed with us as long as he did.

They fucking SUCK.

Bytor Peltor 03.11.2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
rob, how do you feel about mallett and hoyer?

One thing I want to point out about Mallett......he left a sizable amount of $$$ on the table that was offered by other teams, to stay in Houston so he could play for Bill O'Brien. Like Flaco did a few years ago, Mallett is betting on himself for a much larger contract in the future, the kind franchise QB's receive. In no way am I agreeing that Mallett is a franchise QB, but I do admire his approach and I for one will be pulling for him. Also, Mallett and Hoyer's contracts are so small they can be waved, cut or traded without any sizable hit against the salary cap.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.11.2015 05:58 PM

Flacco definitely won his bet by being patient. And all those folks who clamor bout his contract are hating, he makes less than jay "i fucking suck and look like i drink beer at kickoff and whiskey at the half" cutler! To be sure it ain't flacco that cost us ngata or torrey its all that ray rice dead money...

Sadly all things considering i dare say houston and Baltimore aren't that far from each other, and not to diss texans but clearly its a decline for ravens who were one play away from the AFC Game last season before we lost several coaches, our best WR, our best DT, and our best TE.. shit who is next? Tucker the best kicker in NFL??

Rob Instigator 03.12.2015 08:06 AM

I pull for all my Texans players, but name one Tom Brady back up who was worth anything? They all suck.

Now, Brett favre had several amazing backups that became big stars!

Rob Instigator 03.12.2015 08:07 AM

Like I said, the Texans ownership does not give a fuck about winning, but about being "competitive" and making mad cash.

Rob Instigator 03.12.2015 08:58 AM

"I felt like this was the best place where I can win a championship and help win a championship," Johnson said. "That's what it's all about. That's why we play the game."

Andre Johnson knows the Texans are fakers.

Bytor Peltor 03.12.2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
so now we have the Brown's ex-QB? shit. Both are suck ass fucks, lame fucking no-touch having assholes, who "look" the part of a QB.

Other than rewinding to this time last year and drafting Teddy Bridgewater or Blake Bortles, what would you like to have seen the Texans do at QB this season?

About Johnson's new contract: 3 years / $21 Million makes for a nice headline, but his base in 2015 will be $3.5 Million......Colts and easily get out from under when they want.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.12.2015 10:05 AM

Texans need a real QB simple as that.. look at what flacco did for Ravens. We were top ten d every year but too inconsistent at QB to be a threat.. Joe Cools comes in and Baltimore makes the AFC game his rookie year and then two more times including a Superbowl win and were a few bad plays away from the Afc game season. A franchise QB turns a decent team into a perennial contenders

Rob Instigator 03.12.2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Other than rewinding to this time last year and drafting Teddy Bridgewater or Blake Bortles, what would you like to have seen the Texans do at QB this season?

Bridgewater and Bortles both suck shit too.

The Texans of 2010 needed an older, experienced QB (P. Rivers, for example) and they would have been so money.

The Texans of 2015? I would have liked them to make an effort to draft someone to develop properly, but Mallett is 27, his problems are beyond fixing. Hoyer is too small. It seems that the best QB's out there need to be gotten right out of college. I don't know what the Texans could have done, but I know they have passed up people who would make the team so much better.

My hope now is that we pay Vince Wilfork and get him to be our nose tackle and him, Watt, and HOPEFULLY Clowney can scare the living shit out of the AFC SOUTH QB's.

Rob Instigator 03.12.2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Texans need a real QB simple as that.. look at what flacco did for Ravens. We were top ten d every year but too inconsistent at QB to be a threat.. Joe Cools comes in and Baltimore makes the AFC game his rookie year and then two more times including a Superbowl win and were a few bad plays away from the Afc game season. A franchise QB turns a decent team into a perennial contenders

I saw Flacco in college and always thought "There is a guy who will make a GREAT NFL QB. Huge arm, had touch, stood in the pocket like a veteran..."

People tend to choose QB's based on looks, personality, and whether he is a "good guy" (NFL QB's are like the lapdogs of billionaire owners, and they use them as such, inviting them to play golf or to attend big fundraisers, essentially using them as a prop) This is stupid. a QB should be chosen purely on toughness, throwing skills, and decision making.

The best QB's right now are all of these

Tom Brady
Joe Flacco
Ben Rothlisberger
Phillip Rivers
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck

the 80's and 90's Oilers had Warren fucking Moon, who could throw every single pass on a rope, had excellent touch, had a perfect spiral, and took all the hits he had to. That team failed to put the pieces around him. The current Texans have to learn from those mistakes if they ever get a true franchise QB

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.12.2015 01:49 PM

Fitzpatrick wasn't terrible but got fluke injured. No, he wasn't a franchise QB but if he stayed healthy y'all would've made the playoffs. You're right though, time to learn lessons from past errors.. a great QB can keep a team successful even with huge roster turnover.. again flacco is a great example, he has had FIVE offensive coordinators and aside from torrey who just left a new receiving corp every single season yet again has took the team to 3 AFC games and notched big road wins against nemesis rivals like shitsburg and cheatriots..

Rob, who in draft or future free agency would you have in mind?

Rob Instigator 03.12.2015 02:04 PM

There is no one. NFL football is a different beast than college bullshit. because of this there are no more college players who are developed enough to play in the pros. They are treated like dumbfucks , never call their own plays, are not asked to make decisions, yet when they throw for thousands of yards everyone praises them as some sort of god. The list of college QB's of the last 20 years that broke records, won Heisman trophies, and SUCKED SHIT in the pros (where everyone is an All-American and can destroy 99% of University level players) is so long.

So long

from my alma mater, University of Houston alone, you had Andrew Ware (Heisman), David Klingler, Kevin Kolb, Case Keenum, etc. all of them suck in the pro game.

I do not know how to fix this. In pro football, the QB position is the one position where you cannot really just plug in talent and expect it to succeed. A QB has to be taught the NFL game, coached properly, etc.

It also takes a certain kind of cockiness (think Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, hell, even Doug Fucking Flutie) to lead a bunch of hulking monsters into battle. That is why Russel Wilson and Andrew Luck have had such success.

Warren Moon was leading teams to the playoffs in his early FORTIES for Marduk's sake!

Right now I would take a hobbled Payton Manning!

Rob Instigator 03.12.2015 02:05 PM

BTW, I say an NFL rewind of the Colts-Texans game week 6 last year, and in it my man Andre Johnson made several motherfucking level-11 difficulty catches. If only we had fought harder to grab Peyton Manning when he was available

Rob Instigator 03.12.2015 02:15 PM

Here is the top 5-6 QB's drafted in last ten years. I bolded the ones that have actually had postseason success (I may have forgotten a few)

Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel
Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr
Jimmy Garappolo

EJ Manuel
Geno Smith
Mike Glennon
Matt Barkley
Ryan Nassib

Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin III
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
Brock Osweller
Russell Wilson (6th QB taken in draft)

Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick (6th QB taken)

Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Jimmy Clausen
Colt McCoy
Mike Kafka

Matthew Stafford
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Pat White
Stephen McGee

Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Brian Bohm
Chad Henne
Kevin O'Connel

JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Kevin Kolb
John Beck
Drew Stanton

Vince Young
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler
Kellen Clemens
Tarvaris Jackson

Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Jason Campbell
Charlie Frye
Andrew Walter

Eli Manning
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
J.P. Losman
Matt Schaub

Look at that list!!!!!! That does not include the 5-9 other QB's taken in each of those drafts. Fucking terrible. 2004 was the cream of the crop.

schizophrenicroom 03.12.2015 05:02 PM

2007 lol

murray to the eagles is fucking sick.