Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   prince last night (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15206)

therealglenstyler 08.02.2007 04:06 AM

prince last night

amazing show.

sonicl 08.02.2007 04:18 AM

I heard a brief review on the radio this morning - sounded brilliant. I'm going towards the end of the run, hopefully he won't have got bored and started doing short sloppy shows by then.

ThePits 08.02.2007 06:07 AM

The aftershow was great, although he didnt come on stage until 1 am everyone seemed to have a fantastic night apart from one idiot. Better atmosphere in the smaller venue. He still has the twins with him who look as stunning as ever

sonicl 08.02.2007 06:09 AM

Tell more about the aftershow, please... How long was Mr Nelson on stage? What did he play?

Glice 08.02.2007 06:17 AM

BASTARDS BASTARDS BASTARDS.

BASTARDS.

BASTARDS.

By the way, I didn't get tickets.

sarramkrop 08.02.2007 06:20 AM

Someone asked me if I wanted to buy a ticket for £ 33.00 for the show on Saturday. Pity, I am so skint I can't afford to splash out on his royal highness for that much money.

sonicl 08.02.2007 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
BASTARDS BASTARDS BASTARDS.

BASTARDS.

BASTARDS.

By the way, I didn't get tickets.

Eh? I got mine a couple of days ago. I was just buying one though, so that probably made it much easier.

Glice 08.02.2007 06:25 AM

Yeah, it's the dates/ money situation more than that, I should've clarified.

Still, bastards.

sonicl 08.02.2007 06:29 AM

If being better than you makes me a bastard, then fine, I'm a bastard. Ha ha.

Glice 08.02.2007 06:32 AM

I'm sorry, I can't hear you old man. I'm wearing bright and exciting clothing and doing exciting young people things, perhaps you could, like, rap it to me yeah?

sarramkrop 08.02.2007 06:32 AM

And royalty too.

Edit - That one.

Tokolosh 08.02.2007 06:40 AM

Prince is great, but if you want to have access to his aftershows, you have to become a "Member of the Club" so to speak.
The premium membership costs $100 per year. Fuck that!

News dating back to 2001 when it was launched:

The New Power Generation Club

Ps: I'd like to add that Prince diehard fans are some of the worst I've ever come across.

therealglenstyler 08.02.2007 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Prince is great, but if you want to have access to his aftershows, you have to become a "Member of the Club" so to speak.

Ps: I'd like to add that Prince diehard fans are some of the worst I've ever come across.

things are a bit more reasonable now i think, tickets were twenty-five quid for the aftershow last night and open to all, personally i skipped it but a friend went in and said it was ace, no details on what he played though. anyone?

sonicl 08.02.2007 09:03 AM

Some chat about the aftershow on a Prince messageboard: http://prince.org/msg/12/237463

Rob Instigator 08.02.2007 09:45 AM

Can you give a short review?

I have always admired Prince, and his musicality and multi-instrumentalism, but I ahve never seen him perform live.

he ROCKED the super bowl last year though, rain and all.

made paul McCartney look like a fucking old maid singing after a few glasses of sherry.

sonicl 08.02.2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Can you give a short review?

Hopefully these will do:

timesonline.co.uk

Yahoo! Music

ThePits 08.02.2007 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh

Totally incorrect, you can buy tickets at the IndigO2 box office

They are available to the public for all the aftershows and he plans to attend/play at all of them

You dont have to be a member of anything

sonicl 08.02.2007 11:12 AM

I'm undecided on my feelings about the aftershow. It's a long time before I go, so I shall read a few more posts on that message board before deciding.

ThePits 08.02.2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Some chat about the aftershow on a Prince messageboard: http://prince.org/msg/12/237463

I think the problem is this, its an aftershow party, its not another Prince gig and people are losing site of that from some of the comments on that message board

Usually at an aftershow party the artist turns up with their friends/crew etc and has fun and a few drinks

Princes' idea of fun is to have a jamming session on stage with his musicians

It was the first main arena show last night so there is always a post mortem on the show afterwards, so he got to IndigO2 after 1 am

He was then on and off stage for about two hours

Not bad for an artist who just played an energetic set to 20,000 people for two hours just before

He was full of energy though and the off the cuff very extended version of 3121 was probably the highlight

The trombone player got cramp half way through and was in pain for the rest of the night

Lowlight of the night was an asshole who slid under a speaker riser on the side of the stage, came up behind the speakers, and went to jump on Prince

Highlight of the night was I got to throw his sorry arse off the stage and out of the venue

PAULYBEE2656 08.02.2007 11:56 AM

Prince Is A Class Act Again. Wonderful Article In This Months Mojo. Planet Earth Aint Too Shabby Either.