Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

noisereductions 08.03.2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I completely forgot that you had to buy a special adapter just to use headphones with the SP. What a crock of shit.

yeah I know. It's wicked stupid. I got one and never ended up using it. Haha.

noisereductions 08.03.2010 07:15 AM

checkout my crazy NBA Jam Game Boy history on rfgeneration.com/blogs/noiseredux yall

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.03.2010 03:02 PM

I'm going nuts trying to find one of these adapters in store. =(

atsonicpark 08.03.2010 03:50 PM

why did no one tell me this game is so awesome? At first I was like, "Hmm.." but after 20 minutes of blowing EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD UP, I was hooked. This game will vibrator your dual shock like no one's business. The entire game is just dropping bombs and blowing yourself up, and robots up, and doors up, and buildings up, and planes up, just fire and explosions and loudness and an awesome techno soundtrack.

this game embodies everything that made the playstation so fucking COOL and takes me back to what made the 90's so fucking awesome.

noisereductions 08.03.2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I'm going nuts trying to find one of these adapters in store. =(

pfft. Good luck. I got mine via internet trade. I'd send it to you to borrow, but the shoot would be over by the time you got it.

atsonicpark 08.03.2010 06:37 PM

those headphone adapters are only $5 on amazon...

noisereductions 08.03.2010 08:09 PM

oh yeah thay're not expensive. They're just rare "IRL"

shabbray2.0 08.04.2010 05:38 AM

this was the reason why I bought a XBOX in the first place. And I still know why.

the most beautyful überdestruction combined with an ethereal OST.
omg how I still love this game!
RPG style Hack n Slash par excellance

viewtiful alan redux 08.04.2010 10:00 PM

Count Mecha 08.04.2010 10:21 PM

Still playing Myst III. Still playing Gateway. Still playing Deus Ex. Still playing Wing Commander II.

atsonicpark 08.05.2010 02:40 AM

...at the same time!

TheFoxBen 08.05.2010 07:19 AM

Saw my brother play this one the other day and was very impressed so I decided to start playing it today.

Also, I've started playing another game on my brother's computer, it's called The Path and it's developed by an indie Belgian studio. It's also quite good, the plot is simple: you have to choose one little girl out of six (each one reminiscent of the little red riding hood) and the game asks you to follow the path to your grandma's house. If you do so, you fail, because you actually have to go OUT of the path and meet the wolf... The encounter is always different, depending on which little girl you've chosen. It's a very strange game with a weird atmosphere... Adam Cooley, do you know this one ? Something tells me you might like it ! There's a demo available somewhere I think.

GeneticKiss 08.05.2010 10:42 AM

^I saw Yahtzee's "review" (let's be honest, very few people take the views he expresses on Zero Punctuation seriously) of Limbo the other day, and seeing that artwork for The Path makes me agree with him that nearly every indie game has an emo/goth motif...they say game makers wish they could be filmmakers, so it's like big developers want to be Michael Bay/John Woo, while indie studios wish they could be Tim Burton directing a movie screenwriten by Neil Gaiman...

It doesn't bother me, being at least partially into that sort of thing (not yet, anyway).

noisereductions 08.05.2010 10:47 AM

I'm fully emerged in RE4 (Gamecube) with a little NBA Jam (Game Boy) season thrown in.

EVOLghost 08.05.2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod
'Heavy Rain,' 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past,' and 'Final Fantasy 3.'

j00 got ps3? how is Heavy Rain?

TheFoxBen 08.05.2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen

Played for three hours straight today... I think it's one of the best games I've played in a long time !

And GeneticKiss, I know what you mean, I also noticed that those indie games always look very "dark" and sometimes, yeah, like if Burton tried to make a game... But still, they're all unique. For instance, Limbo and Braid are two of the best XBLA games and they might look similar but they're pretty different... Anyway, this visual style doesn't bother me and I was completely amazed by Limbo !

EVOLghost 08.05.2010 11:43 AM

^ damn
I might have to get another gamefly account. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of next gen gaming. I still haven't played FFXIII and Red Dead Redemption....UGH!

atsonicpark 08.05.2010 12:09 PM

noisereductions 08.05.2010 12:40 PM

adam you have good taste in shmups.

atsonicpark 08.05.2010 12:46 PM

Thanks, it's all I play anymore..

I still love turn based strategy games though..