Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty American Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=84409)

Severian 08.14.2016 12:03 AM

Welcome back, Seahawks!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.11.2016 03:56 PM

ravens won a straight throwback AFC game. i certainly want defensive coordinator dean pees fired a lot less than i did all of last season ;)

also insane fourth quarter of that raiders saints game. if raiders aren't gonna stop anybody at least they can score

Rob Instigator 09.12.2016 09:34 AM

The Raiders will at least be an exciting team to watch!

Go Texans.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.12.2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
The Raiders will at least be an exciting team to watch!

Go Texans.

unless you know, they continue to play like the Raiders!

so apparently it was Baltimore best defensive game since 2011! i just love games where there is more yards punted than on total offense (yes, being serious)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.18.2016 08:50 PM

haha browns.. Ravens went 25-0 in fibal 49 minutes after giving up three TDs in first 11 minutes.. Dennis Pitta has 102 yards and a TD in his return to Cleveland after breaking his hip there in 2014..

RAMS with huge upset in LA, some folks i know were at the Coliseum said it was insane.. Lebron was there

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.07.2016 04:26 PM

what a weird season already..

parity yet no parity? Several of the "good teams" are totally shitting the bed (Carolina, Arizona, Jets, Chiefs,Colts) several of the "bad teams" are playing fairly well (Eagles, Bills,Rams, Falcons) and yet the four or five legit SB contenders from the past three or four seasons are all still the overwhelming favorites (Seattle, New England, Denver, Pittsburgh)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.10.2016 04:50 PM

Stupid ass Ravens dumb ass Marc Trestman damn rookies

pepper_green 10.10.2016 05:02 PM

dont' fuck with NFL. SEC is much more fun and hyped. why would you rather watch something else? grown men running around a field getting paid much more in my lifetime does not interest me. ok, well I just barely keep up with Falcons.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.10.2016 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper_green
dont' fuck with NFL. SEC is much more fun and hyped. why would you rather watch something else? grown men running around a field getting paid much more in my lifetime does not interest me. ok, well I just barely keep up with Falcons.

fuck NCAA i don't like watching young dudes try to make up for a total lack of talent with enthusiasm and effort. also, as a sometimes Falcons bandwagon fan i can totally understand your indifference to NFL ;)

pepper_green 10.10.2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
fuck NCAA i don't like watching young dudes try to make up for a total lack of talent with enthusiasm and effort.

ha.:p Falcons.

that is what makes it totally fun and relevant though. you'll pretty much find me at home on Saturday afternoons during college foodball season. plus it's one of the only bonds I have with my parents. huge UGA Bulldog fans. I love it.

Rob Instigator 10.11.2016 09:01 AM

college football is a joke.

I stick with professionals.

demonrail666 10.31.2016 04:38 AM

Another NFL game in London last weekend. How do the fans in America feel about this? There'd be uproar if a Prem club played a league game in the US.

Rob Instigator 10.31.2016 09:12 AM

one team has to lose a home game for these out of country games. at least the London game was amazing! Overtime! It was very exciting to watch at 9 AM

The Houston Texans play in Mexico City this year too.

Bytor Peltor 11.01.2016 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Another NFL game in London last weekend. How do the fans in America feel about this? There'd be uproar if a Prem club played a league game in the US.

The underlying thought is the NFL wants at least two NFL franchises located in London. The Jacksonville Jaguars has been giving up one home game per season for the past several years. It's actually a bonus for them as they just about NEVER play home games before a sold out crowd......residents of Jacksonville are constantly in "black-out" when it comes to games being televised locally.

Eventually, the NFL will be sending four teams over to London at a time. Teams A&B will play each other while Teams C&D play each other. All four teams will remain in London for the week and then Teams A&C and B&D will play......all four teams will return to America and have their bye week.

There is NO DOUBT the NFL wants a fourth game on Sunday's and this is their solution.

SO - anyone have thoughts why the NFL TV ratings are continuity slipping this season? The World Series kicked Eagles vs. Cowboys azz Sunday night.

pepper_green 11.30.2016 05:00 AM

look, you want good food. imma tell you good food. crab meat.

it's the best not nothing like like foosball im telling you CRAB MEAT!!!!!

you can order it through 5698484 post 361 Georgia. Huntsville fair. USA. make sure to post script cashless yr grandfather picks up homeless girls driverless society at bottom da fuck you talking.

demonrail666 09.07.2018 11:56 AM

Regular season starts on Sunday, right? Gonna make a real effort to follow it this year. Who are the teams to watch? I always 'support' the Dolphins who look pretty bad, but have no idea about the others.

h8kurdt 09.07.2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Regular season starts on Sunday, right? Gonna make a real effort to follow it this year. Who are the teams to watch? I always 'support' the Dolphins who look pretty bad, but have no idea about the others.

Well given how West Ham are doing you might as well carry on the tradition of supporting shitty teams :D

!@#$%! 09.07.2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Well given how West Ham are doing you might as well carry on the tradition of supporting shitty teams :D

that was cold, man! :D :D :D

—-

anyway i tried to get into that sport and couldn’t. way too many stops and commercials, games go on forever, and all that ceaseless talking

demonrail666 09.08.2018 06:01 AM

I' like variety in the shittiness,. Having it served with a side order of palm trees makes a nice change.

Bytor Peltor 10.26.2018 07:32 AM

The 2018 Houston Texans were one of 233 teams to start 0-3 in the Super Bowl era and are NOW just the fifth team to reach 5-3 immediately after an 0-3 start.