Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Post links of interesting podcasts, radio shows etc (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=17613)

stu666 04.11.2008 01:32 AM

4 Radio, New Music Download
SHOW 7

http://www.channel4.com/music/newmusicdownload/index.html

For Show 7 of New Music Download we bring you music from The Black Keys, Lovvers, Tigerstyle, Skin's favourites Crystal Castles and a session from Peter and the Wolf. We also introduce two new features to the programme! Tom Tips for next weeks number 1 and The Record We (that's Tom and Hermeet) Disagree On!

And here's a little bit about this show's session guest:

Peter and the Wolf is the alias of Red Hunter. When is not playing Peter and the Wolf, Red can be found running his record label Whiskey and Apples. He's also introducing the world to Scoffee, a drink made up of Scotch and Coffee!

He has a new album out on his own imprint called 'The Ivori Palms' and he has another album out called 'Lightness' which we have played tracks from in Slash Music. Check out www.whiskeyandapples.com for more information on his releases and his label. Also his myspace page is worth a gander www.myspace.com/whiskeyandapples

DOWNLOAD THE SHOW NOW!

TRACKLISTINGS - Show 7 - 10th April 2008

Birds of Avalon - "Bicentennial Baby' (Volcom Entertainment)
Black Keys - "I Got Mine" (Cooperative Music / V2)
Peter & The Wolf - "Dear Old Robin" (NMD Session)
Cooh - "Duuure" (Position Chrome)
Lovvers - "Search for Gold" (Johnson Family Records)

Record We Disagree On!
Crystal Castles - "Crimewave" (Crystal Castles Vs Health) (PIAS)

Peter & The Wolf - "Where Summer Goes" (NMD Session)

Tom's Tip for Number 1
Red Box Recorder - "HCE" (Acroplane)

Tigerstyle featuring Amrik Babbal - "Maan Doabe Da (Radio Edit)" (White Label)
Agaskodo Teliverek - "The Gay Hussar" (Addadat)
Peter & The Wolf - "Where Summer Goes" (NMD Session)
Alchemyst - "LFO Business" (Dubkraft Records)

stu666 04.24.2008 05:06 PM

SHOW 8

http://www.channel4.com/music/newmusicdownload/index.html
This week on New Music Download we see the return of the Holiday Club as a very kind listener brought us back a track from Belize. This week's show also sees the return of the 4Unsigned track PLUS we have a session from the ever so fantastic Agaskodo Teliverek.

AGASKODO TELIVEREK (meaning 'rearing stallions' in Hungarian!) are a London based Japano-Hungarian-Swedish-Scottish-Nepalese four-piece, featuring guitarists Miki Kemecsi, Tamas Szabo, Hiroe Takei on vocals and latest member Pharoah S. Russell on drums. They produce a unique mashed-up style of guitar-based music which they call "Psycho Goulash", combining Dick Dale-esque guitar riffage with manic electronic beats and screeching vocals. Since releasing their self titled debut album (2006 ADAADAT) they have extensively toured the UK & Europe playing alongside acts like Les Georges Leningrad, Trencher, DAT Politics, J.G. Thirlwell, Max Tundra and Lightning Bolt.

Currently the band is recording a new album with Hoxton-Lab-Adaadat in east London, due late summer!

DOWNLOAD THE SHOW NOW!

TRACKLISTINGS - Show 8 - 24th April 2008

Warrior Queen & The Heatwave - "Things Change" (Soul Jazz)
The Hi-Life Companion – "Times Table" (WeePOP Records)
Agaskodo Teliverik - "Garbage Pale Corcodile" (Channel 4 Session)

4Unsigned
The Skallywags – "Don't preach to me"

Holiday Track
Aziatic and Griga Boys - "Crazy fi We" (White Label)

Agaskodo Teliverek - "Miki Loves Dammo" (Channel 4 Session)
Genetic Crew - "Stamp" (Skuzzy Beats)

Record we disagree on
Anathallo "6 Hanasakajijii (Four_ A Great Wind, More Ash)" (Artist Friendship)

St Peters Band – "King of Kings" (4 Unsigned)
Agaskodo Teliverek - "Kamikaze Currybon" (Channel 4 Session)
Jana Hunter - "Bird" (GnomonSong)
Resound – "Second Thoughts" (Secret Operations)

stu666 05.11.2008 11:06 AM

SHOW 9

http://www.channel4.com/music/newmus...oad/index.html

It may be really nice and hot outside right now, but that doesn't mean you can't take time out and listen to the new NMD show... oh no... just bung it on your mp3 player and take it with you to the park, press play and let the NMD boys take you to special places...

This week we are joined by Texan songstress Jana Hunter. Jana Hunter has released records on Gnomonsong, Troubleman Unltd and Fuck It Tapes. She now resides in Baltimore which pleased Tom a great deal as his favourite television programme The Wire is based in Baltimore.

DOWNLOAD THE SHOW NOW!

TRACKLISTINGS - Show 9 - 8th May 2008

DJ C & Zulu - "Soundgun Emergency" (DJ C Mix, ft. Aceyalone & Jah Orah) (Mashit Records)
Time Has Come - "Ignorance Is Bliss" (Regain Records)
Jana Hunter - "Poems" (Channel 4 session)

Two 4Unsigned Tracks
Swimfaster God Whisper - "The Blueprints II" (4Unsigned Website)
The Darren Macer Poetry Experience - "Untitled" (4Unsigned Website)

Record that Will Most Definitely Be at Number 1 next week!
Kamal Chamkila - "Pehle Laklkare Naal"

Jana Hunter - "Babies" (Channel 4 session)
Soundmurderer - "Gunshot" (Clash Records/ Kriss Records)

Record We Disagree On
The Heliocentrics ft Percee P & MF Doom - "Distant Star" (Stones Throw)

Jana Hunter - "In Servitude" (Channel 4 session)
Oxford Collapse - "For the Winter Coats" (Channel 4 Session)
Phosphorescent - "Wolves" (Dead Oceans)

sarramkrop 05.12.2008 02:26 PM

Thanks stu666.

cheapmachines 05.12.2008 02:48 PM

OPEN STREAMING ACTIVATION - 15/05/08 @ A10Medialab

#######################################
A10Medialab & Fibrr Records presents :
#######################################

Session#3 - 15th of May 2008, 7pm (GMT) @ A10Medialab - London / UK

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

OPEN STREAMING ACTIVATION

A10:medialab is pleased to introduces Fibrr Records - An experimental label supporting innovative artistic practices through a net label and CD distribution.

Fibrr Records will activate a new series of experimentation in mixed-media (audio, video, text, performance, etc) at A10:medialab, where people can present there own research
projects and/or crossovers with other people's work in an open session that holds no bounds in terms of form or content.

The principle of Open Streaming Activation is that everything will be broadcast the web -
in this way it is possible for those at distance can also participate from where ever they are located. Open Streaming Activation encourages its participants to think about and use the principle of the streaming as a creative medium in itself.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

listen & watch the stream from here (use VLC player):

http://stream.r23.cc:2323/a10lab_video.ogg (audio/video)

http://stream.r23.cc:2323/a10lab_audio.ogg (audio)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Live guests:

The Scie Protocol (uk)

Kaffe Mattews (uk)

Cheap Machines (uk)

Aloardi (peru)

& much more!!!

################################################## ##############

chat with us : http://www.apo33.org/chat

Visit Fibrr Net Label : http://fibrr.apo33.org

################################################## ###############

Area10Medialab: http://www.area10medialab.co.uk

area10medialab@crealab.info

DJ Rick 05.13.2008 03:28 AM

For centralization of all things like this' sake, I'll just start posting these here...

In the AFS news this week: This breezy, splendid new Dan Melchior album is thee superb all-purpose moodlifter of 2008 so far. Get it ASAP! Also, Eugene is back on the map for reals now. The band known as Spaghetti & Moose Balls is now called Hanging Corpses, and they appear with two other Eugene bands on whacked-out Moon Boot Boutique vol 1 compilation. Damaged synthpunk and minimal-wave has swum up to the MacKenzie to spawn!

Download the show from links atop the latest blogpost...
http://artforspastics.blogspot.com/2...t-fitting.html

SO COW // Exclamation Mark // I'm Siding With My Captors // Covert Bear *new
THE NYMPHETS // Bekki Anne // Feels Like Motherfuckers 7" // Psychic Handshake *new
BOX ELDERS // S & M Party [Redd Kross] // Hole in My Head 7" // Grotto *new
TRADITIONAL FOOLS // The River // I Got a Baby 7" // Chocolate Covered *new
SUPERSTITIONS // I Don't Wanna Die Tonight // split CS w/ Ty Segall // Wizard Mountain *new
DAN MELCHIOR UND DAS MENACE // Stacked Sally Plummer // v/a: The World's Lousy With Ideas vol 5 7" // Almost Ready *new
DAN MELCHIOR UND DAS MENACE // Jerusalem // Christmas for the Crows // Daggerman *new
DAN MELCHIOR UND DAS MENACE // Dirt
BLANK DOGS // Meltdown Cloud // On Two Sides // Troubleman Unlimited *new *request
UZI RASH // River of the Crocodile Men // Fatal Rash CDR // The Church & the Commune *new
UZI RASH // The Coronation // Reptile Musik CDR // The Church & the Commune *new
HANGING COFFINS // One Horse Town // v/a: Moon Boot Boutique vol. 1 CDR // no label *new
OCTAGON CONTROL // No Glass // Fuck You, Ellen! CS // Ick Ick *new
SCATTERED TONGUES // Exhibit in a Martian Zoo // v/a: Moon Boot Boutique vol. 1
FNU RONNIES // Ugly // Meat 7" // Richie/Testostertunes *new
THE ELKS // Iodine Arthropod // v/a: Moon Boot Boutique vol. 1
BIG EATS // Blood Diamonds for Oprah // v/a: Killer Workout Mix // CNP *new
UNHOLY TWO // Kutter // Kutter 7" // Columbus Discount *new
BILLY BAO // My Life Is Shit // Dialectics of Shit // Parts Unknown *new *request
BILLY BAO // Putrefied Egos/Broken Mirror *request
A.H. KRAKEN // Kevin Costner est un Acteur Américáin // A.H. Kraken // In The Red *new
XYX // Microvibraciones // Sistema de Terminacion Sexual 7" // SS Records *new
SOFT SHOULDER // Temperary // Hit Single 7" // Gilgongo *new
DIVINE FEUD // Streets // demo CDR // no label *new
VAPID // Victim // Do the Earthquake 7" // Nominal *new
SLANT 6 // What Kind of Monster Are You? // 7" // Dischord 1993 *request
GOLDEN ERROR // Reverse the Curse // Golden Error 12" // Shandi/ Mind/No Mind *new
O VOIDS // Scratch Test // split 7" // Don't Hit Record *new
DAILY VOID // B1 // Man/Machine 7" // Florida's Dying *new
DAY CREEPER // Day Creeper II // I Fuck the Body Electric CDR // self-released *new
WELFARE MOTHERS // Bloodsucker // Long Brown Hair 7" // self-released *new
THE TOUCHED // Jelly Beans // v/a: The World's Lousy With Ideas vol. 4 7" // Almost Ready *new
AUDACITY // What Not to Do // Juvajive // unreleased *new
TY SEGALL // The Happy Farmer // split CS w/ Superstitions // Wizard Mountain *new
CHEVEU // La Cerise // split 7" w/ Crash Normal // Rococo *new
THE FEELING OF LOVE // Hammer Boy // split 10" w/ Movie Star Junkies // Rijapov/Bibimbap *new
EAT SKULL // Waiting for the Hesitation // Sick To Death // Siltbreeze *new *request
FLU FAKER // You've Always Had it in For Me // Satan Sajak CDR // self-released *new
NO AGE // Cappo // Nouns // Sub Pop *new
MYTHICAL BEAST // Coal Is Better Than Diamonds // split LP w/ Cloudland Canyon // Not Not Fun *new

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.13.2008 02:19 PM

BBC network Africa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...nbram=1&nbwm=1

Toilet & Bowels 05.14.2008 08:20 AM

not the sort of thing i listen to a terrific amount of, but every once in a while i do enjoy a bit of Electro Acoustic Improvisation.

These guys do a show on Resonance FM and you can download old shows from there website here:

http://www.auditionradio.info/

sarramkrop 05.15.2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Rick
For centralization of all things like this' sake, I'll just start posting these here...

In the AFS news this week: This breezy, splendid new Dan Melchior album is thee superb all-purpose moodlifter of 2008 so far. Get it ASAP! Also, Eugene is back on the map for reals now. The band known as Spaghetti & Moose Balls is now called Hanging Corpses, and they appear with two other Eugene bands on whacked-out Moon Boot Boutique vol 1 compilation. Damaged synthpunk and minimal-wave has swum up to the MacKenzie to spawn!

Download the show from links atop the latest blogpost...
http://artforspastics.blogspot.com/2...t-fitting.html

SO COW // Exclamation Mark // I'm Siding With My Captors // Covert Bear *new
THE NYMPHETS // Bekki Anne // Feels Like Motherfuckers 7" // Psychic Handshake *new
BOX ELDERS // S & M Party [Redd Kross] // Hole in My Head 7" // Grotto *new
TRADITIONAL FOOLS // The River // I Got a Baby 7" // Chocolate Covered *new
SUPERSTITIONS // I Don't Wanna Die Tonight // split CS w/ Ty Segall // Wizard Mountain *new
DAN MELCHIOR UND DAS MENACE // Stacked Sally Plummer // v/a: The World's Lousy With Ideas vol 5 7" // Almost Ready *new
DAN MELCHIOR UND DAS MENACE // Jerusalem // Christmas for the Crows // Daggerman *new
DAN MELCHIOR UND DAS MENACE // Dirt
BLANK DOGS // Meltdown Cloud // On Two Sides // Troubleman Unlimited *new *request
UZI RASH // River of the Crocodile Men // Fatal Rash CDR // The Church & the Commune *new
UZI RASH // The Coronation // Reptile Musik CDR // The Church & the Commune *new
HANGING COFFINS // One Horse Town // v/a: Moon Boot Boutique vol. 1 CDR // no label *new
OCTAGON CONTROL // No Glass // Fuck You, Ellen! CS // Ick Ick *new
SCATTERED TONGUES // Exhibit in a Martian Zoo // v/a: Moon Boot Boutique vol. 1
FNU RONNIES // Ugly // Meat 7" // Richie/Testostertunes *new
THE ELKS // Iodine Arthropod // v/a: Moon Boot Boutique vol. 1
BIG EATS // Blood Diamonds for Oprah // v/a: Killer Workout Mix // CNP *new
UNHOLY TWO // Kutter // Kutter 7" // Columbus Discount *new
BILLY BAO // My Life Is Shit // Dialectics of Shit // Parts Unknown *new *request
BILLY BAO // Putrefied Egos/Broken Mirror *request
A.H. KRAKEN // Kevin Costner est un Acteur Américáin // A.H. Kraken // In The Red *new
XYX // Microvibraciones // Sistema de Terminacion Sexual 7" // SS Records *new
SOFT SHOULDER // Temperary // Hit Single 7" // Gilgongo *new
DIVINE FEUD // Streets // demo CDR // no label *new
VAPID // Victim // Do the Earthquake 7" // Nominal *new
SLANT 6 // What Kind of Monster Are You? // 7" // Dischord 1993 *request
GOLDEN ERROR // Reverse the Curse // Golden Error 12" // Shandi/ Mind/No Mind *new
O VOIDS // Scratch Test // split 7" // Don't Hit Record *new
DAILY VOID // B1 // Man/Machine 7" // Florida's Dying *new
DAY CREEPER // Day Creeper II // I Fuck the Body Electric CDR // self-released *new
WELFARE MOTHERS // Bloodsucker // Long Brown Hair 7" // self-released *new
THE TOUCHED // Jelly Beans // v/a: The World's Lousy With Ideas vol. 4 7" // Almost Ready *new
AUDACITY // What Not to Do // Juvajive // unreleased *new
TY SEGALL // The Happy Farmer // split CS w/ Superstitions // Wizard Mountain *new
CHEVEU // La Cerise // split 7" w/ Crash Normal // Rococo *new
THE FEELING OF LOVE // Hammer Boy // split 10" w/ Movie Star Junkies // Rijapov/Bibimbap *new
EAT SKULL // Waiting for the Hesitation // Sick To Death // Siltbreeze *new *request
FLU FAKER // You've Always Had it in For Me // Satan Sajak CDR // self-released *new
NO AGE // Cappo // Nouns // Sub Pop *new
MYTHICAL BEAST // Coal Is Better Than Diamonds // split LP w/ Cloudland Canyon // Not Not Fun *new

Thanks, good stuff as always.

This programme features a discussion about the history of sculptural interventions upon the vinyl record by both prominent and lesser-known artists. Also featured is an overview of many of the conceptual and technical innovations by experimental turntablists across the world. This is a very intriguing, unique collection of experimental turntablism and 'vinyl interventions', peppered with insightful commentaries about the artists and their processes...

Link:
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=philip%20jeck%20AND%20subject%3A% 22turntablism%2C%20DJ%2C%20art%2C%20artist%2C%20ar tists%2C%20artistic%2C%20audio%20art%2C%20sound%20 art%2C%20experimental%2C%20Carrie%20Gates%2C%20sen d%20and%20receive%2C%20festival%2C%20record%2C%20r ecords%2C%20vinyl%2C%20deejay%2C%20sculpture%2C%20 synaesthesia%2C%20synesthesia%2C%20documentary%2C% 20radio%2C%20radio%20art%2C%20fetish%2C%20vinyl%2C %20intervention%2C%20interventions%2C%20Saskatoon% 2C%20Canada%2C%20Winnipeg%2C%20vinylinterventions% 2C%20Carrie%2C%20Gates%22

Everyneurotic 05.15.2008 05:58 PM

all podcasts under one roof? o well.

Radio Oscilator/Oscilador 15

1. The Mae Shi - Jubilee
2. Battletorn - Terminal Dawn
3. Asva - Christopher Columbus (excerpt)
4. Vashti Bunyan - Diamond Day
5. SPK - Slogun
6. Apparat - Holdon
7. Piscis - ...locura sin presupuesto (excerpt)
8. Gay Beast - Cock
9. Yungchen Lhamo - Lhasa Pumo
10. Der Teenage Panzerkorps - Nameless Diseases
11. Astro - Shine On You Crazy Crystal Machine (excerpt)
12. Xanopticon - Stable Fire
13. Faster Pussycat - No Room For Emotion
14. Hoahio - Invisible Fireworks II
15. Cornucopia - Shock Therapy (excerpt)
16. Judas Priest - The Ripper
17. Suishou No Fune - The Rain Falls

english: http://oscillator.podomatic.com/entr...13_00_09-07_00

español: http://oscilador.podomatic.com/entry...09_50_00-07_00

DJ Rick 05.20.2008 03:49 AM

Keep both hands on the wheel this week. The 2nd half of this road gets has some bumpier stretches than we've seen in previous weeks. So much misanthropy and cynicism this week...You'd think I was in some kinda miserable mood! Well, it does suck when it's 100°F (that's 37°C for you canucks (can you imagine??)), but truly, it was a great week of CDR ephemera scores and record hauls.

You can DOWNLOAD this show from links atop the latest blogpost...
http://artforspastics.blogspot.com/2...-your-car.html

ANTEENAGERS M.C. // (Illusions of the) Teens // (Illusions of the) Teens 7" // Plastic Idol *new
LE FACE // Salvador Dali // Salvador Dali 7" // Rich Bitch *new
POP HORROR // Dime n Dash // Child of Modern Times 7" // Rich Bitch *new
LARMO CUSACK // Sea of Noise // Amateur Philosophy CDR // Existential Crisis *new
BLANK ITS // Divorce // Windows Are Dirty 7" // Sweet Rot *new
HANK IV // Drive the Whip // Spring 2008 Demos CDR // no label *new
DE JEUGD VAN TEGENWOORDIG // Wij // v/a: Bloodstains Across Belguim // Atomium 1997 (orig 1984)
RED NURSE // Truckstopper/Tolstoy on My Mind // Live @ Stork Club // no label *new
SAMSONKNIGHT FEATHERGUN // Spider Walk // unreleased // no label 2005
FRANCIS HAROLD & THE HOLOGRAMS // The Eagle Can't Fly With One Wing // 7" // Going Underground *new
DRUNKS WITH GUNS // D.W.I. // Second Verses // Intellectual Convulsion 1990
TRACTOR SEX FATALITY // Stereo Fucked // Early Years II // ??? *forthcoming
TRACTOR SEX FATALITY // Mouth on the Wall // Bloodeagle // Big Neck *forthcoming
THE JAGUAR // When Hunger Strikes // Bag of Jag CDR // Wild Tangent 2002
CHEATER SLICKS // Possession // Whiskey // In the Red 1993
THEE OH SEES // The Coconut // The Master's Bedroom Is Worth Spending A Night In // Tomlab *new
VIVIAN GIRLS // My Baby Wants Me Dead // Wild Eyes 7" // Plays With Dolls *new
ELECTRIC BUNNIES // The Stranger // Chewing Gum 7" // Florida's Dying *new
FLU FAKER // An Older Home // Satan Sajak CDR // self-released *new
DEAD HEAT // Damnée Petite Sophie // v/a: IVG // Poutre Apparente *new (orig 1981)
SCATTERED TONGUES // Celluloid Movement // v/a: Moon Boot Boutique vol. 1 CDR // self-released *new
NOTHING PEOPLE // I-5 // Anonymous // S-S Records *new
RUSSIAN TSARLAG // Don't Worry, Baby [Beach Boys] // split LP w/ Blue Shift // Rare Youth *new
RUSSIAN TSARLAG // "Blind Spot" Fragment
RUSSIAN TSARLAG // Let Ponvinon Care
CAR COMMERCIALS // The Investigation // Judy's Dust // Cenotaph *new
LAMP PUFFER & BAD TABLES // Dead Lights of I.T. // BAAAA CDR // self-released *new
HEXLOVE/FAULOUAH // Grump Up the Volume // Free Jazz from Slavery 2xLP // Weird Forest *new
HEXLOVE/FAULOUAH // Exits Very Damp
CHROME // Pygmies in zee Dark // Alien Soundtracks // Siren 1977
CHROME // Zero Time // Half Machine Lip Moves // Siren 1979
T.V. COAHRAN // Jerry's Eyes Are Black // 2: This is Where the Grossest Lions Live // self-released *new

stu666 05.24.2008 05:48 AM

SHOW 10

http://www.channel4.com/music/newmus...oad/index.html

This weeks session artists are Oxford Collapse, a band who hail from Brooklyn, New York. We fell in love with this band when we heard their LP Remember the Night Parties which came out two years ago on the Sub Pop label. The band have just finished a UK Tour with We Are Scientists and are now touring the States.

Check out their myspace for details.

DOWNLOAD THE SHOW NOW!

TRACKLISTINGS - Show 10 - 22nd May 2008

James Pants - "Theme from Paris" (Stones Throw)
Orzelda - "Track 2" (Winning Sperm Party)
Oxford Collapse - "John Blood" (Channel 4 Session)

4 Unsigned Track
Broadcast 2000 - "Pep Talk" (Gronland)

Holiday Club Track
Artek - "Unknown" (White Label)

Oxford Collapse - "Feather Beds" (Channel 4 Session)
DJG - "Bender" (Pressing Issues)

Record We Disagree On
Dosh - "If You Want To, You Have To" (Anticon)

Oxford Collapse - "Back of the Yards" (Channel 4 Session)

Next Weeks Session Guests
Born Ruffians - "Little Garcon" (Warp)

DJ Carbomb Footprint aka Dave Stitch - "Channel 4 News Theme Tune (Remix)" (Unsigned)
Throats - "Reign of Low" (Holy Roar Records)
PVH - "Spatula Heaven" (Winning Sperm Party)

DJ Rick 05.27.2008 04:01 AM

You can DOWNLOAD this show from links atop the latest blogpost...
http://artforspastics.blogspot.com/2008/05...-live-once.html

(Sorry...this Jay Reatard song spun below the proper speed until halfway though when I realized that the previous DJ had turned the pitch control all the way down. Please FFWD or bear with it.)

JAY REATARD // See/Saw // See/Saw 7" // Matador *new
CHEAP TIME // People Talk [Yarber] // Cheap Time 7" // In The Red *new
SO COW // Shackleton // I'm Siding With My Captors // Covert Bear *new
NOBUNNY // Boneyard // Love Visions // Bubble Dumb *new
NOBUNNY // Somewhere New [the Yolks]
THE YOLKS // I Do What I Do // Introducing the Yolks 7" // Criminal IQ *new
GIRLS OF THE GRAVITRON // Malthusian Love Song // 3-song 7" // Boom Chick *new
UZI RASH // Crocodile // Mescalito Cunts CS // self-released *new
VINCENT OVER THE SINK // I Found a Genie // 22 Coloured Bull-Terriers // self-released *new
THE WIGGINS // Feed the Ghost // 3-song 7" // Dull Knife *forthcoming
LIDA HUSIK // Toy Surprise // Your Bag // Shimmy Disc 1992
FABULOUS DIAMONDS // trk 2 // Fabulous Diamonds // Siltbreeze *new
DEAD LUKE // I Want You [Troggs] // Record One 7" // Sacred Bones *new
CAESARIAN SECTION // Uprise // Heal America (With the Corrupt Hand of Evangelism) // Incision 1989
YOUNG GODS // Irrtum Boys // v/a: Fight! // Cathexis 1987
PROJEKT ORTSSCHILD // Meine Herren // v/a: Doppel Hertz 2xLP // Kernkrach 2007
DIE PERLEN // Beweg Dich Nicht // v/a: Doppel Hertz 2xLP
PHILIPPE & FLUFFIE // Daisy May // v/a: Mein Bester Freund ist Tot 7" // Kernkrach *new
NICE FACE // Thing in My Head // Thing in My Head 7" // Sacred Bones *new
BLANK DOGS // Spinning // On Two Sides bonus cassette // Sacred Bones *new
BLANK DOGS // The Station // On Two Sides // Troubleman Unlimited *new
ANTI-GROUP // E.P.M.D. // Teste Tones // Side Effects 1988
THE PINK NOISE // Soda Jerk // Sun King 7" // Almost Ready *new
LILI Z // A Piece of Meat // The Two of Us // Polly Maggoo *new
WIZZARD SLEEVE // Alabama's Doomed // split 7" w/ Amber Alerts // Jeth-Row *new
LE FACE // Isolation // Salvador Dali 7" // Rich Bitch *new
BAD SPORTS // Hey OK // All the Time 7" // Boom Chick *new
SWEET BABY // Andorra // Hello Again split LP w/ Brent's TV // Lookout 1996
BOX ELDERS // One Foot In Front of The Other // Hole in My Head 7" // Grotto *new
SUN CITY GIRLS // Soi Cowboy // 330.003 Crossdressers Beyond the Rig Veda 2xCD // Abduction 2003
TRADITIONAL FOOLS // I Got a Baby // I Got a Baby 7" // Chocolate Covered *new
AUDACITY // KSTH // Juvajive // no label *forthcoming??
MIDDLE CLASS // Out of Vogue // Out of Vogue 7" // Joke 1978
BUM KON // Nancy Reagan Fashion Show // Drunken Sex Sucks // Smooch *new (orig 1983)
BAD TEETH // Losing My Mind // unreleased demo // no label 1996
STAAGS!!! // Bat Shit Crazy // Adult Brigade EP // self-released *new
TRIGGER EFFECT // Scientific Method // Dare to Ride the Heliocraft // Signed By Force *new
CPC GANGBANGS // Driving Me to Habit // Mutilation Nation // Swami/Alien8 *new
HIROSHIMA ROCKS AROUND // Fogna // Tour CDR // No-Fi *new
HIROSHIMA ROCKS AROUND // Raw Aids // The Matter of Facts 7" // S-S Records *new
FACTUMS // Psi // The Sistrum // Sacred Bones *new
SHEARING PINX // Negaman // Haruspex 7" // Divorce *new
RROPE // West Tone Song // 3-song 7" // Fear of Pop 1993

sarramkrop 05.27.2008 08:05 AM

thanks again.

DJ Rick, did you name the blog after the God and The State's song?

A Thousand Threads 05.27.2008 08:13 AM

thanks for all this great stuff, everybody !!!

for the 'The Ex' fans among us:
tonight, 27/05/08 22.00 - 23.00 MET - The Ex - special pt. 2
link to live stream: www.fro.at/livestream.php

I missed part 1, so I don't know what exactly it's going to be

DJ Rick 05.27.2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
thanks again.

DJ Rick, did you name the blog after the God and The State's song?

Yes, that's it! Only a couple people have ever asked.

sarramkrop 05.28.2008 03:53 AM

I've asked you because I was listening to that song the other day and I got curious. As it happens, great band too!

DJ Rick 06.03.2008 03:20 AM

To DOWNLOAD this week's show, go to links atop the latest blogpost...
http://artforspastics.blogspot.com/2...-of-beers.html

You will also find a feature on the Mayyors' tour to Portland and Seattle this weekend.

THE YOLKS // Somewhere New // Introducing the Yolks 7" // Criminal IQ *new
THE BARBARAS // Flow // Summertime Road 7" // Goner *new
GENTLEMAN JESSE & HIS MEN // (If I Can See You) You're Too Close to Me // split 7" w/ Joseph Plunkett // Rob's House *new
RTFO BANDWAGON // New Jack // New Jack 7" // Dull Knife *new
ANGELS OF EPISTEMOLOGY // Vile and Disgusting/William Campbell // 7" // Merge 1987
POLVO // Tread on Me // 2x7" // Kitchen Puff 1990
POLVO // Totemic
JOBY'S OPINION // Natty Bohemian // Natty Bohemian 7" // Friction Media 1995
84 NASH // Not of the Same Tourist // Snacks of Wealth 7" // Cushion 1998
84 NASH // Snacks of Wealth // Snacks of Wealth 7"
84 NASH // Ice Breakers // Band for Hire // Rockathon 1999
84 NASH // Shot Bully // Band for Hire
HEADACHE CITY // Hey Ugly // Teenage Grease 7" // HoZac *new
DAY CREEPER // Daycreep 1 // I Fuck the Body Electric CDR // self-released *new
ELECTRIC BUNNIES // Fantastic Metal Eye // Fantastic Metal Eye 7" // Columbus Discount *new
UNHOLY TWO // Porkys // Kutter 7" // Columbus Discount *new
BLACK PUS // Body on the Tide // 4 // Diarrhea *new
MINITEL // Astre // Streisand 7" // Bruit Direct Disques *new
SHIT & SHINE // Toilet Door Tits // Küss Mich, Meine Liebe // Load *new
MULTIPLEX // Wing Over This Land // v/a: To the Marrow ~ Japanese Deathnology // Toy's Factory 1994
SUPPRESSION // Elite/Stranglehold/Enema // Amputated Brain Stem: 1993-2000 // CNP // *new (orig 1996)
HATEWAVE // Insomniac // Sexual Healing 2 // Apop *new (orig 1995-96?)
RUSTED SHUT // Disease of the Spirit // Rehab // Emperor Jones 2004 *request
TRAIL OF TEARS MALT LIQUOR ICE // Surfing Mural // only 7" // Enoch Organization 1996
MAYYORS // Metro // Marines Dot Com 7" // Waste of Oil *new
PLASTOBETON // La Prison // Glam Mort CDR // Tanz Procesz *new
JAWS // War Harmonizers // Imagery Weapons CDR // no label 2004
THE PINK NOISE // Dead Glitter Sun // Dream Code // Sacred Bones *new
FACTUMS // De-Arranged // The Sistrum // Sacred Bones *new
NAKED ON THE VAGUE // Poltergeist Palm // Poltergeist Palm 7" // Skulltones *new
PINK REASON // Free Bird [Lynyrd Skynyrd] // unreleased *new

DNAINTHEDNA 06.03.2008 07:35 AM

holy shit rusted shut? pink reason cover

im there killer list as always

DJ Rick 06.03.2008 01:10 PM

So, you're a Rusted Shut fan, too, eh? Love that degeneracy!

You'll be stoked to know this...Upcoming releases on Dull Knife Records just announced at the TermBo board:

Quote:

Rusted Shut "Hot Sex" 12" EP - Finally! 4 track EP that predates "Rehab", but has been collecting dust for about 11 or 12 years. 2 "noise" tracks, and two classic Rusted Shut tracks that stand up to anything on "Rehab". A limited amount of copies will include a dvd-r of Rusted Shut playing live at the Pink Pussycat Gentleman's Club. Houston. Out in August or September.

a little later:

Rusted Shut "Rehab" LP - first appearance of this classic on vinyl. Originally recorded in 98, first released by the band as a cd-r circa 2003, then released on cd by Emperor Jones the next year. A masterpiece. In this biased opinion, this is the finest record to ever be made in Houston, Tx, and one of the finest noise-rock records ever made.

When I played that Rusted Shut last night, I had no idea that this was happening!