Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Sonic Youth 37 04.14.2008 01:06 AM

Last one before I go to sleep:

Mountain Battles-The Breeders
 

✌➬ 04.14.2008 01:07 AM

Love Shack- B-52's

m1rr0r dash 04.14.2008 01:13 AM

 

Florya 04.14.2008 01:41 AM

 


Ultramarine - United Kingdoms

Torn Curtain 04.14.2008 03:43 AM

The Grifters - Crappin' you negative

SYRFox 04.14.2008 04:49 AM

Eric Copeland - Hermaphrodite

Florya 04.14.2008 06:16 AM

 


Irmin Schmidt & Kumo - Axolotl Eyes

screamingskull 04.14.2008 09:29 AM

 


WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

Sonic Youth 37 04.14.2008 10:06 AM

ATDI-Live at the Electric Ballroom

screamingskull 04.14.2008 10:07 AM

is that good? what songs do they play?

Sonic Youth 37 04.14.2008 10:12 AM

Yeah, it's good. The audio skips a bit during Cedric's and Jim's opening anti-mosh rant, but other than that it's fine.

1. Arcarsenal
2. Pattern Against User
3. Cosmonaut
4. Lopsided
5. Rolodex Propaganda
6. Rascuache
7. Invalid Litter Dept.
8. One Armed Scissor
9. Enfilade
10. Quarantined
11. Catacombs
12. Napoleon Solo

screamingskull 04.14.2008 10:18 AM

wow, that is an amazing set list, is there any good banter?

Sonic Youth 37 04.14.2008 10:22 AM

Oh yeah. During the opening anti-mosh thing Cedric says "please, don't be throwing shit up here, i'm gonna smack you in the face with my mic. I don't give a fuck if you take me to court" and he's all the time telling people to go "up and down" and Jim's telling everyone to "take care of each other"

screamingskull 04.14.2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Oh yeah. During the opening anti-mosh thing Cedric says "please, don't be throwing shit up here, i'm gonna smack you in the face with my mic. I don't give a fuck if you take me to court" and he's all the time telling people to go "up and down" and Jim's telling everyone to "take care of each other"


HA HA HA HA HA, he must he haunted by the nightmares of people throwing piss at then (TMV), from what i have heard that happens a lot more than you would think at their shows.

There's some great youtube footage from 'The Big Day Out' where Cedric's saying "are you all typical white people?" ha ha ha, they play two amazing songs then leave. But the footage stops right before they leave the stage which is a shame. It just ends with Cedric making sheep noises at the crowd, and Jim looking confused.

Sonic Youth 37 04.14.2008 10:31 AM

Yeah, that is one of my favorite clips. He freaks out on the crowd. "You learned that from the TV, you didn't learn that from your best friend. You're a robot. You're a sheep. BAAAHHHH BAAAHHH. I have a microphone and you don't. You're a sheep. You watch TV way too much. BAAHHH BAAHHH" Classic. He was probably tripping pretty hard and was pissed off.

That was the year though that some girl died in Limp Bizkit's mosh. It was like the day after the ATD-I show.

screamingskull 04.14.2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Yeah, that is one of my favorite clips. He freaks out on the crowd. "You learned that from the TV, you didn't learn that from your best friend. You're a robot. You're a sheep. BAAAHHHH BAAAHHH. I have a microphone and you don't. You're a sheep. You watch TV way too much. BAAHHH BAAHHH" Classic. He was probably tripping pretty hard and was pissed off.

That was the year though that some girl died in Limp Bizkit's mosh. It was like the day after the ATD-I show.


yeah, he said that he had never consistently played so many bad shows in his life than he did during that last year with ATD-I. There's some other youtube footage of TMV before they cleaned up where they get asked how they "prepared" for todays show. Cedric replies with a list of drugs, i find it funny, at first, but its also really kind of sad.

Sonic Youth 37 04.14.2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
yeah, he said that he had never consistently played so many bad shows in his life than he did during that last year with ATD-I. There's some other youtube footage of TMV before they cleaned up where they get asked how they "prepared" for todays show. Cedric replies with a list of drugs, i find it funny, at first, but its also really kind of sad.


Hmm, I always took that interview as a joke, because it's from Lowlands Fest which was after Jeremy died, but maybe they weren't clean then. I don't know. The live footage of TMV while they were using is crazy, Cedric looks terrible in them, he's so strung out. Like this from De Facto, I think it's the worst he's ever looked
 


On a lighter note, I just won a copy of El Gran Orgo on ebay for .99 cents.

screamingskull 04.14.2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Hmm, I always took that interview as a joke, because it's from Lowlands Fest which was after Jeremy died, but maybe they weren't clean then. I don't know. The live footage of TMV while they were using is crazy, Cedric looks terrible in them, he's so strung out.


did they stop using straight after he died, or a few months after?

Theres one interview where Cedric's leg is twitching all the way through it, they said they were using because it was a "really positive experience" but as someone watching them from the outside, it didn't look good. Omar had like 4 really severe breakdowns whilst high on crack, developed a stutter, and became a recluse. That doesn't sound like fun.:(

I'm so fucking glad that they are clean and happy now, it could have ended so badly for the both of them. If Omar or Cedric had died, i don't think the other would have been able to go on.

✌➬ 04.14.2008 10:53 AM

Madonna-Immaculate Collection

Next-
R.E.M. - Accelerate.

Sonic Youth 37 04.14.2008 10:53 AM

I don't know. All that's ever been said is that the death of Jeremy convinced them to stop using opiods. But, none of the drugs he lists are opiods, so I have no idea. I knew they were a wreck at the time and Omar was using as heavy as Jeremy and it's just that Jeremy's luck ran out. Yeah, if either of them had died, that would the been the end of the other as well in every possible since of the word.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth