Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Flourescent Lights (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8995)

nomadicfollower 12.14.2006 09:43 PM

Flourescent Lights

For or against?

I can't stand the things. So artifical (as you don't see this type of light occuring in nature). So bright.
I have a reading lamp that is lighted by a fluorescent bulb which I can't use because it reflects the page's whitness right back in my face, causing squinting, thus a headache, and other annoyances.
40 watt bulbs are all I can stand.

What's your stance?

(painful misspelling in title (fluorescent, I know), kindly disregard it.)

Pookie 12.14.2006 09:45 PM

The brighter the better.

You'll strain your eyes with a 40 watt bulb you know.

nomadicfollower 12.14.2006 09:47 PM

Yeah, but bright lights make my temple pulse. I can't stand it and there's no way I can read under one.

sonikold 12.14.2006 10:10 PM

almost got killed by one once. fell off the ceiling onto a counter at the restaraunt i was working at, less than a foot away from me. it shot broken glass and poinonous gas across the room to where i had just been standing 10 seconds before. that was pretty scary. i wasn't a big fan of them in the first place, either. they make an annoying sound.

Alex's Trip 12.14.2006 10:34 PM

I voted for them, but only because I'm not against them.

Inhuman 12.15.2006 12:25 AM

I find that they're quite annoying. They have them in my gym and you can't see the shuttle EVER when looking up because the lights are so bright, so the shuttle lands and you lose a point because of the lights. I know it's just a game, but it frusterates me.

The worst is driving at night and some asshole has those halogen leadlights that nearly blind you when you pass them

nomadicfollower 12.16.2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonikold
almost got killed by one once. fell off the ceiling onto a counter at the restaraunt i was working at, less than a foot away from me. it shot broken glass and poinonous gas across the room to where i had just been standing 10 seconds before. that was pretty scary. i wasn't a big fan of them in the first place, either. they make an annoying sound.

This has gone to far!
Conserved energy is hardly worth it, eyesight, bah! I'll take my chances (away from the white light (messin' up my mind))

Savage Clone 12.16.2006 01:52 PM

Fuck a fluorescent light, seriously.
The absolute ugliest, headachiest, coldest, buzzingest way to light a room ever invented.

Hate.
So.
Much.

pantophobia 12.16.2006 01:59 PM

flouresecnt light is worse then rapists

Savage Clone 12.16.2006 02:01 PM

How about being raped with a fluorescent light?
A fate worse than death, surely.

k-krack 12.16.2006 02:06 PM

I like the buzz they make, and looking at the gases flickering inside them when they are dying, and just watching them... I voted for them. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT! I would not have them in my home. In school they are nice, though.

jon boy 12.16.2006 02:13 PM

i hate them but then again i like the way the it makes things look sometimes. its good for photography.

finding nobody 12.16.2006 02:18 PM

There's one above my head right now

Inhuman 12.16.2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantophobia
flouresecnt light is worse then rapists

Hey pantophobia, haven't seen you around in a while. And of course they're worse than rapists, if some girl raped me I'd be delighted

compulsive diarrhea, jico 12.16.2006 02:36 PM

k-krack 12.16.2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
There's one above my head right now

...don't speak too loudly against it, I hear they get really defensive...