Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My car got stolen today (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28962)

_slavo_ 01.14.2009 04:58 PM

My car got stolen today

I can't believe it. I left the office premises, went to the parkplace and the car just wasn't there. I'm using public transportation starting tomorrow.

fuck

fuck

fuck

Rob Instigator 01.14.2009 05:00 PM

get the fuck out of here man. that SUCKS. You sure it has not been towed?

That is shit news. Sorry to hear it slavo.

atsonicpark 01.14.2009 05:00 PM

I'm sorry dude. My mom's car was stolen almost 2 years ago. She ended up seeing someone driving the car and followed him for about 20 minutes. He pulled over at a McDonalds and she got out and was yelling at him about stealing the car and he started threatening her life and shit and she got scared and drove back home, shaking the whole time. She never called the cops about the incident (she had reported the car stolen but was too shaken up after that incident to report any further). It was pretty crazy shit.

So, yeah, I'm sorry dude, that's a bitch, I wish I lived somewhere where I didn't need a car.. I'd just walk or take a bus.. but I live 20 minutes away from EVERYTHING, so...

uhler 01.14.2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I'm sorry dude. My mom's car was stolen almost 2 years ago. She ended up seeing someone driving the car and followed him for about 20 minutes. He pulled over at a McDonalds and she got out and was yelling at him about stealing the car and he started threatening her life and shit and she got scared and drove back home, shaking the whole time. She never called the cops about the incident (she had reported the car stolen but was too shaken up after that incident to report any further). It was pretty crazy shit.

So, yeah, I'm sorry dude, that's a bitch, I wish I lived somewhere where I didn't need a car.. I'd just walk or take a bus.. but I live 20 minutes away from EVERYTHING, so...

did she get her car back?

that's why i'm glad i live in nyc. i don't have to have a car. i just ride my bike, walk or take the subway everywhere. i needed one back in florida though.

GeneticKiss 01.14.2009 05:10 PM

I don't mean to judge, but 20 minutes is MORE than enough time to call the cops, give your location, etc.

SYRFox 01.14.2009 05:11 PM

This sucks, I feel sorry for you slavo :/ Getting burglarized last year was one of the worst experiences of my life

_slavo_ 01.14.2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
get the fuck out of here man. that SUCKS. You sure it has not been towed?

no, i checked that. it was stolen. that car was made in 2001, for fuck's sake! who would want a car like THAT? 230.000 kms have been driven with that car. A half-wreck, so to say.

MellySingsDoom 01.14.2009 05:20 PM

Oh slavo man, that fucking blows. Sorry to hear about this theft. :(

Rob Instigator 01.14.2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
no, i checked that. it was stolen. that car was made in 2001, for fuck's sake! who would want a car like THAT? 230.000 kms have been driven with that car. A half-wreck, so to say.

hopefully it is just some fucker out for a joyride, and while they may do some damage to it, the police may find it left somewhere. HOPEFULLY.

al shabbray 01.14.2009 05:32 PM

damn that sucks. I am happy bout my new old car and yours get stolen. that sucks.
2001 isnt that old, which model did you drive?

_slavo_ 01.14.2009 05:34 PM

al shabbray 01.14.2009 05:44 PM

oh crap. the same car my mother drives.
its the cheaper vw Polo released under the name of skoda (skoda is owned by vw...)
blablabla
doesnt matter, it really really sucks.
can you afford a new one, or do you planning to buy a new one if you are sure that it wont come back?

ZEROpumpkins 01.14.2009 05:45 PM

What the fuck man? Sorry to hear it, that sucks ASS.

tesla69 01.14.2009 05:54 PM

your insurance covers that?

atsonicpark 01.14.2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
I don't mean to judge, but 20 minutes is MORE than enough time to call the cops, give your location, etc.

Well, first of all, my mom doesn't have a cell phone...

ploesj 01.14.2009 06:01 PM

wow.

that sucks.

EVOLghost 01.14.2009 06:23 PM

My father's car was stolen on Christmas.....That was ghey. Stolen care does suck. I can only image if it happened to me....actually I can't....that sucks hope they find it.

This Is Not Here 01.14.2009 07:37 PM

A while ago my uncles super-rare sports car which he had spent literally YEARS repairing/building was stolen. He was devistated.
A couple of monthes later he saw it at a petrol station. He waited for the guy to finish filling up the tank and go in to pay, walked up to it, got the spare key out his pocket, got in and drove it away.

atsonicpark 01.14.2009 07:57 PM

That's amazing. If I ever make (another) film, I'm going to put a scene like that in it.

Dead-Air 01.15.2009 12:05 AM

That just bites slavo, so sorry to hear about it. What worse time to find out than after work when you just want to go home too?