Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Live System Of A Down (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=100)

Everyneurotic 03.23.2006 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
When I try & edit the link, the [url] doesn't show. Do I take away the underline to edit the link?

when you want to post a download link, go to the advanced reply box, there, you will find this symbol:

click on it and this "[code][/ CODE]" will appear, just type or copy paste the link there, and you are set

the link will show something like this:

Code:

HEY!!! LOOK AT ME, I'M A FUCKING LINK!!!

guitarpro 03.24.2006 02:41 AM

Can't say I've ever heard them live

marleypumpkin 03.24.2006 02:46 AM

Well then, why not download these shows I've posted. But, that's probably what you were trying to say. I hope.

krastian 03.24.2006 02:49 AM

My friend took me to see them on the Pledge of Allegiance Tour in 2001. I thought they fucking sucked live. The sound was horrible and they seemed like they were just going through the motions. Also, the guitarist guy fucking ruined that band by opening his mouth all over the last 2 albums. His voice is horrible and his lyrics suck. If he wanted to write/sing his own songs then he should have put out a solo record. Their first album is pretty nostalgic for me.....I love how psychotic it is. Anyway....whatever.

jon boy 03.24.2006 06:42 AM

maybe you should put live shitsdem of a down on the shitsdem of a down forum? just a thought.

therealglenstyler 03.24.2006 07:39 AM

cystitis of a down-pour

i'm a lover of the band and for my money Toxicity is one of those flawless records of the last few years unfortunately, live i think they are awful, saw them in person at reading and caught a couple of things on t.v after and each time they were terrible. I just don't thing their songs are really doable live. kind thought to post what you got though thanks.

marleypumpkin 03.24.2006 08:21 AM

I think there's an exception to these tracks. If you want to, check them out, & if you didn't like them, tell me about it. I posted these for opinions, & so far, I'm getting them. Not too many comments on the actual tracks themselves yet, but I hope that changes.

luckynumber9 03.24.2006 05:01 PM

I've seen videos of them live from 2002 and they seemed really energetic onstage, so I figured it would be awesome to see them live. Well I finally saw them last year and it was pretty underwhelming. The set list was great, but it did seem like Serj was just going through the motions. Maybe they've lost some edge over the past couple years. And I agree that Daron should step away from the microphone.

I'll still check out that first set of live tracks though. Thanks!

noumenal 03.24.2006 05:08 PM

Little River Band > System of a Down

marleypumpkin 03.24.2006 09:36 PM

Well, the second set of tracks I posted, I think, are just as good as the first set of tracks. Anyway, let me know what you think of them.