Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   So whos got to meet sonic youth? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=36141)

greenbean19 12.09.2009 05:47 PM

So whos got to meet sonic youth?

Ive been without a computer for years now but i figured this would be a good way to re-introduce myself GreenBean19's back and glad to be anyone out there got some good stories on having the chance to meet Sonic Youth; if so share your story. Mines was in june 2006 "rather ripped" tour in Houston,tx greatest show ever got to catch thurstons water bottle had the whole band autograph everything I had including the water bottle, it was steve's birthday got to talk guitar with Lee, got to talk to Kim what a night! Hands down nicest group of musicians out there. Now I told my story tell me yours and does anybody remember me its been years now so if not no worries just curious:)

Pax Americana 12.09.2009 09:20 PM

I gave Steve a hand-job once.

No but really, I met them at a show in Toronto in 2006. It was pretty cool. I had a nice little conversation with Lee about some of their older material, as that was the first show in like 10 years where they played "The World Looks Red". Good time.

atsonicpark 12.09.2009 09:23 PM

THEY CALL ME HELL
THEY CALL ME STACEY
THEY CALL ME HELL
THEY CALL ME JANE

that's not my name!
that's not my name!
that's not my... name!

Rob Instigator 12.10.2009 09:55 AM

I have only met Steve, talked to him a bit and had me sign my shirt. suipa bad ass

mil_pl 12.10.2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
THEY CALL ME HELL
THEY CALL ME STACEY
THEY CALL ME HELL
THEY CALL ME JANE

that's not my name!
that's not my name!
that's not my... name!

! :D

Anagrama 12.13.2009 02:20 AM

I met Thurston at a Sonic Nurse era show in Seattle back in '04. He was really nice. I shook his hand and said "I'm Riley and I dig your shit" He said "Nice to meet you Riley... is the show sold out" It was.

Satan 12.13.2009 02:31 AM

i met them at their free show with awesome color this summer, our conversations somehow revolved around food mostly. they were very nice, especially lee.

i talked to thurston for a minute, he liked the rocky horror pin on my bag and asked where smoki-o's (a bbq restaurant) was
also talked to lee about st. louis (which they apparently like a lot) and ice cream (ted drewes, which they also like, you must go if you are ever in stl)

Dead-Air 12.13.2009 02:39 AM

I've talked with both Thurston and Steve each twice and they were very gracious and real. Just talked with Steve at the Portland Eternal tour show in fact.

When I took my copy of Kill Yr. Idols through a signing in the '90s Lee wrote "Yes Yes Yes!" on it, so I feel like we've talked in a way. Kim just looked exhausted, but she did sign my Ciconne Youth single on top of the KYI record, which was all I was supposed to have signed as per store rules.