Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Warriors (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9097)

Danny Himself 12.18.2006 06:25 PM

The Warriors

..is a really great movie. I love the whole campy comic-book feel it has. So yeah, share your thoughts on this fantastic piece of cinema.

Danny Himself 12.18.2006 06:36 PM

It's a film about a gang, The Warriors, from Coney Island, who're accused of shooting some gang leader at a big gang parley, and then have to make it all the way home without being killed. Well, two of them die. Yeah.

There's lots of different gangs that give the whole movie a surreal atmosphere.

I love it.

The Lung 12.18.2006 06:45 PM

I saw it for the first time a while back and really enjoyed it. I did think some of the fighting scenes were abit shit but to say how old it is, it's still great.

That baseball gang were really funny; they had bats yet they still got the shit kicked out of them.... pussys

Tokolosh 12.18.2006 06:58 PM

Warriors, come out to play-i-ay!!!!!
David Patrick Kelly is one of the most underrated actors of all time, but I've said that before.
There should be a thread dedicated to him, talking about food.

Danny Himself 12.18.2006 07:43 PM

The baseball gang are probably my favorite. Pretty creepy when the Warriors come out of the subway and they're all standing there around them.

val-holla-ing 12.18.2006 08:58 PM

i love that movie so much. it's really well made and the synthy score reminds me a lot of the original "dawn of the dead".

the warriors had some pretty neat outfits. almost like the village people, except less...you know...gay.

sonikold 12.18.2006 09:02 PM

awesome movie...

ALIEN ANAL 12.18.2006 09:38 PM

awesome movie, you really feel like you move through the city with them, really fun pretty simple.

Danny Himself 12.19.2006 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lung
I saw it for the first time a while back and really enjoyed it. I did think some of the fighting scenes were abit shit but to say how old it is, it's still great.

I thought the fighting was realistic. I mean, if it were made today, you'd have those gangs knowing crazy kung fu moves and shit like that.

nicfit 12.19.2006 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
The baseball gang are probably my favorite. Pretty creepy when the Warriors come out of the subway and they're all standing there around them.

This makes up for the INOPPORTUNE Lily Allen bashing (°__°)...great movie, you can easily find a download link for the soundtrack around the net...it's "surreal", I always wondered "WHy, oh Why?" that hot grrrl decided to join them...you know, changing gang is not really a life-changing decision, even when "love is in the air"...but in "The Ex-Warriors" they got married, with 5 children each one of them expert in a different martial art and weapon, and then the Mutagene is spilled in their cups of tea and they become the teenage mutant ninja turtles (+ splinter). Anyway, it's a really good movie, with that "old flick" feeling that you can't get enough of.

jon boy 12.19.2006 06:54 AM

i didnt think i would like this film at all but it was really good.

eminem fucking loves it.

fishmonkey 12.19.2006 07:14 AM

haha!

fuckin brilliant film, Warriors... come out to pla a a ye eeee

ALIEN ANAL 12.19.2006 07:24 AM

no its

*dling dling dling* Wwwwwwwwaaaarrr-rIIIOORssssss *dling dling dling* come out to PLAYYYY-E-YAYYYYYYY

Destroy Rock 'n' Roll 12.19.2006 02:12 PM

It's a very cool film. Not quiiiite a classic, but one I wouldn't pass on a 3rd viewing if the mood was right.

HaydenAsche 12.19.2006 02:29 PM

Classic.

Danny Himself 12.19.2006 06:22 PM

It's odd that you were all watching this movie when you were kids. Where were your parents!?

Danny Himself 12.21.2006 06:58 PM

Cool. I was thinking how cool the Baseball Furies would be for a group hallowe'en outfit. I found the Furies jerseys for sale on the net!

RdTv 12.21.2006 07:06 PM

a classic indeed.