Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ive got $13..... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3711)

m^a(t)h 07.03.2006 02:56 PM

Ive got $13.....

havent bought an album in a while, atleast since last year, thinking about possibly getting an Animal Collective record since the only one I have is a cdr of Hollindagain (which I cant wait for the re release of ). Which album should I get?

what I really want is the sonic youth ep reissue but i cant find it in stores anywhere, i feel sad because i dont have it.

nomadicfollower 07.03.2006 02:58 PM

HaydenAsche 07.03.2006 02:58 PM

I'll give you some options that I've been digging lately.

Erase Errata - Other Animals Are #1
Arab on Radar - Soak the Saddle
Hot Snakes - Suicide Invoice

or try one of my top 3 favorite albums of all time

Xiu Xiu - Knife Play
Cat Power - Moon Pix
Animal Collective - Sung Tongs

LittlePuppetBoy 07.03.2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m^a(t)h

what I really want is the sonic youth ep reissue but i cant find it in stores anywhere, i feel sad because i dont have it.

I know a store that has that on both cd and vinyl

m^a(t)h 07.03.2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I'll give you some options that I've been digging lately.

Erase Errata - Other Animals Are #1
Arab on Radar - Soak the Saddle
Hot Snakes - Suicide Invoice

or try one of my top 3 favorite albums of all time

Xiu Xiu - Knife Play
Cat Power - Moon Pix
Animal Collective - Sung Tongs

thanks for the recommendations, I dont have a good resourse for music (best buy). I cant buy stuff online so if i want something weird i have to send money to the labels (actually just sent out money for two prurient works today). I might be able to find that Xiu Xiu title, ive never listened to them but Ive seen their pictures.
Cat Power, im not really into, it sounds like they are trying to rip off the kills (but they probably arent). I think all three animal collective titles are there so Ill pick one...

m^a(t)h 07.03.2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
I know a store that has that on both cd and vinyl

i hope you own both...

i really want to hear those live songs...

HaydenAsche 07.03.2006 03:19 PM

That Xiu Xiu is probably going to be alot harder to find than Fabulous Muscles or La For?t.

Cat Power was making music long before the Kills, sweetie. She does it much better. I don't really see any resemblance.

porkmarras 07.03.2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

thanks for the recommendations, I dont have a good resourse for music (best buy). I cant buy stuff online so if i want something weird i have to send money to the labels (actually just sent out money for two prurient works today). I might be able to find that Xiu Xiu title, ive never listened to them but Ive seen their pictures.
Cat Power, im not really into, it sounds like they are trying to rip off the kills (but they probably arent). I think all three animal collective titles are there so Ill pick one...

Gosh you do come up with some funny stuff sometimes(and don't worry i'm not being sarcastic here).Cat Power are(is perhaps ???????) trying to rip off The Kills?Erm....who's been around for longer?Where do you hear Cat Power in the Kills?You tell me sonny.

m^a(t)h 07.03.2006 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Gosh you do come up with some funny stuff sometimes(and don't worry i'm not being sarcastic here).Cat Power are(is perhaps ???????) trying to rip off The Kills?Erm....who's been around for longer?Where do you hear Cat Power in the Kills?You tell me sonny.

well isnt cat power sort of bluesy...

i dont know, ive come to the conclusion that i hate any band that has a girl in it that i am not attracted too...

HaydenAsche 07.03.2006 03:29 PM

In a completely different way. The Kills are terrible. Cat Power is a fucking godess.

m^a(t)h 07.03.2006 03:32 PM

wait, cat power isnt a 2 member band? Im thinking of something else hold on...

Rob Instigator 07.03.2006 03:32 PM

if you like indie rock

get the new Built to Spill album YOU IN REVERSE

If you like noisy anthemic loud shit, get
the latest Parts & Labor album, STAY AFRAID

Rob Instigator 07.03.2006 03:32 PM

insound is very good for mail order, an any order over $30 gets free shipping.

sweet!

m^a(t)h 07.03.2006 03:33 PM

i love the kills, i guess thats my downfall...

m^a(t)h 07.03.2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
insound is very good for mail order, an any order over $30 gets free shipping.

sweet!

ill bookmark it , thanks

porkmarras 07.03.2006 03:37 PM

Quote:

i love the kills, i guess thats my downfall...

They don't do what they do as well as the Raevonettes as far as i'm concerned.They sound somewhat confused and largely uninspired.The Raevonettes are certainly not the most original of bands but they do that kind of Jesus and Mary Chain/Bo Diddley thing with a little more heart.

PAULYBEE2656 07.03.2006 03:40 PM

get some ex models shit.

m^a(t)h 07.03.2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
The don't do what they do as well as the Raevonettes as far as i'm concerned.They sound somewhat confused and largely uninspired.The Raevonettes are certainly not the most original of bands but they do that kind of Jesus and Mary Chain/Bo Diddley thing with a little more heart.

wow thats weird, I love the raveonettes as well, got all of their releases, they sound alot like jesus and mary chain but a little more feminine...

porkmarras 07.03.2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

wow thats weird, I love the raveonettes as well, got all of their releases, they sound alot like jesus and mary chain but a little more feminine...

More tunes i call it.Did you hear the new Ronnie Spector album?If not spend your dough on that one.What a voice.

PAULYBEE2656 07.03.2006 03:45 PM

or use it on foodstuffs?