Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Where Did You Meet Your Mate? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30667)

dazedcola 04.26.2009 06:03 PM

Where Did You Meet Your Mate?

I recently split ways with a girl i really liked and I feel kinda stupid for asking this but where do you go to meet people again? I want to meet someone but dont know where to start. Maybe some stories about how you met your mate could give some light.

Danny Himself 04.26.2009 06:06 PM

College. I've known her now for like 2 years but it's only fairly recently- past 6 months or so- that we really got to know eachother, and so the rest is history or whatever. I am by no means encouraging you to sign up onto a horrible english course just for the chance of meeting someone special, though, don't do that. You just have to look hard for people sometimes. A lot of the time they are right under your nose and you don't even know. I only realised she was anything special when she came to a lecture with a Bad Brains t-shirt on.

gualbert 04.26.2009 06:13 PM

People meet at work, I suppose.

flophousefloozie 04.26.2009 06:24 PM

I used to go to my boyfriend's shows, and he was friends with some of my friends. Then we got drunk at a bar and made out, and that was about 5 years ago next week.

Shows are the best way to meet people. Especially if you care about your mate liking the same music, as I always have.

I made the mistake of dating a guy who listened to alot of music I couldn't stand, thinking I could introduce him to better artists, but that was a terrible mistake. The type of music a person enjoys reflects who they are, I think. And you can't always change that.

atsonicpark 04.26.2009 06:25 PM

school, 9 years ago.

flophousefloozie 04.26.2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flophousefloozie
I used to go to my boyfriend's shows, and he was friends with some of my friends. Then we got drunk at a bar and made out, and that was about 5 years ago next week.

Shows are the best way to meet people. Especially if you care about your mate liking the same music, as I always have.

I made the mistake of dating a guy who listened to alot of music I couldn't stand, thinking I could introduce him to better artists, but that was a terrible mistake. The type of music a person enjoys reflects who they are, I think. And you can't always change that.

Actually, I haven't seen him in three weeks, and he's coming to pick me up in about 1 hour, and I'm peeing my pants...

terminal pharmacy 04.26.2009 07:49 PM

a wrap party on a film set

o'connor 04.26.2009 08:58 PM

at work.

Anngella 04.26.2009 09:52 PM

The interwebz if you're really introverted (or just pathetic) like me. I recently took a Greyhound to see him, and it was so worth it.

Tickerwelly 04.26.2009 10:49 PM

Ipecac Records message board. We sent each other CD's for awhile, then started talking on the phone, then met in person, then moved in together, then got married.

Dead-Air 04.26.2009 11:22 PM

I met her at happy hour at the Spar in downtown Olympia. We both instantly had the feeling things could be really heavy and promptly ran away and continued to have less meaningful stuff with other people for a couple years (we were friends but not close). Then we started flirting online on this local centered website I won't mention because it really sucks now.

Eventually I got dumped by a 21 year old hottie who turned 21 and a day older and went on to the next thing, and I decided it was time to get off that train and have the serious thing I'd been subconsciously fending off for so long. So I approached her in the bar I worked at before heading up to the dj booth and told her I wanted to go on adventures together (not the type of cheesy or for that matter forward thing I normally would ever say, but it was somehow the only way to put it). She came up to the booth and handed me her phone number with the same look of resignation I'd been feeling about it. Eight years and one child later the adventures don't seem to stop...

pop punk will eat itself 04.26.2009 11:27 PM

Dead-Air, that's fucking beautiful.

StevOK 04.26.2009 11:29 PM

College. At a bake sale.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.26.2009 11:39 PM

At a Zombie Walk in Ann Arbor.

I couldn't resist her flesh.

vulva 04.27.2009 12:22 AM

I'm painfully lonely and cry myself to sleep every night... assuming I sleep at all.

DeadDiscoDildo 04.27.2009 12:27 AM

What mate?

ZEROpumpkins 04.27.2009 12:49 AM

Mate in Australia means friend.

!@#$%! 04.27.2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazedcola
I recently split ways with a girl i really liked and I feel kinda stupid for asking this but where do you go to meet people again?

you live you life, asshole. she's right there waiting for you. you see how the meaning of life and the right mate compound themselves altogether in you mind? it's not a coincidence. do what you have to do, and i mean follow your calling, the pieces slap together like legos.

unless you are mickey rourke?

static-harmony 04.27.2009 01:06 AM

Internet.

!@#$%! 04.27.2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static-harmony
Internet.

synth está loco