Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daydreaming Down Under (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=17434)

Moshe 10.31.2007 12:09 AM

Daydreaming Down Under

http://decomposingtrees.blogspot.com...am-nation.html

OMFG SONIC YOUTH, DAYDREAM NATION, AUSTRALIAN TOUR

I don't even think finding out about Arcade Fire's tour made me this excited.

Apparently a Sonic Youth tour is going to be announced in the coming days. From what I was told they'll be touring the state capitals in the third week of February playing Daydream Nation with The Scientists in support playing their album Blood Red River. It's pretty much the 'Don't Look Back' series that has toured Europe and North America. They were rumoured for Laneway but that did not eventuate so I'm keenly awaiting things.

Even though I will be overseas when tickets go on sale and will be living in Canberra I ABSOLUTELY MUST GET A TICKET!!!

Early 2008 is shaping up to be an amazing time for music (and an empty time for my wallet).

UPDATE #1: According to the Don't Look Back website there are going to be many more bands playing their classic albums in Australia and New Zealand. Full details will be made on November 1st with tickets on sale November 16th. We can only wait with anticipation.

UPDATE #2: I just remembered that Sydney Festival calender also gets announced on November 1st and Don't Look Back says from mid-January 2008. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Everyneurotic 10.31.2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshe
...with The Scientists in support playing their album Blood Red River...

damn australians, i want to see that!!!

sonicl 10.31.2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
damn australians, i want to see that!!!

You'll not be surprised to hear that I saw it earlier this year, and it "kicked ass".

Everyneurotic 10.31.2007 10:47 AM

i've heard the scientist can be boring live, good they were kicking up the jams when you saw them.

krastian 10.31.2007 11:55 AM

Come to DC and play Daydream if you guys aren't burned out on it like I thought you were!!!!!!!!

terminal pharmacy 10.31.2007 04:04 PM

Kim G is in Adelaide for the Adelaide Festival of Arts in Feb-March 08 for her visual art. The Adelaide Festival Director was also the director of the Sydney Festival.

greenlight 10.31.2007 05:50 PM

cool

ohfuchsia 10.31.2007 06:50 PM

hey
tickets...when and where and how much?
before i wet my pants.
sonic youth, pj harvey and interpol in the same week?

guitarwolf 10.31.2007 07:37 PM

I'm so excited! The other two bands playing are Low - Things We Lost In The Fire and Died Pretty - Doughboy Hollow. No word on who their support acts are.

atari 2600 10.31.2007 07:44 PM

Cool, hopefully we'll get a Triple-J broadcast out of this.

pokkeherrie 10.31.2007 07:57 PM

I really didn't expect they'd go on with the DDN gigs, but that's good news for the antipodeans.

the ikara cult 10.31.2007 08:04 PM

Lovely for the Australians, i thought that the London ones would be the last gigs of the run. But they need to get off and start making some new music!

neptuneg 10.31.2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Lovely for the Australians, i thought that the London ones would be the last gigs of the run. But they need to get off and start making some new music!

agreed

pokkeherrie 10.31.2007 08:27 PM

Yeah, but that's easy to say for us who've already seen the DDN gigs.
Plus I liked the DDN shows I've seen about ten times better than the RR shows I've seen, so I'm just hoping they'll come up with an album that is entirely different.

the ikara cult 10.31.2007 08:33 PM

well thats because Daydream Nation is 10x better than every album released this year at least.
If they took some time to perform in Aus i dont mind, as long as they get back together eventually to make music. Its odd being a youngish Sonic Youth Fan, when i got into Nurse was when i realised they were the greatest band for me, but now theyre gonna wait around a while

dressedindreams 11.01.2007 03:55 AM

Thank God they're finally coming to australia with this.
I've only seen the youth once, and apparently that was a shitty gig. And i loved it!

ZEROpumpkins 11.01.2007 04:25 AM

YES!!! THEY ARE COMING BACK!!! OH GLORIOUS DAY!! OH WONDERFUL FEELINGS!!

Yay!

Protectmeyou 11.01.2007 05:02 AM

This is GLORIOUS NEWS!!!

What a week for gig announcements. Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey and Augie March. The best 3 things in music.

greenlight 11.01.2007 05:07 AM

daydram nation 2007 = proper world tour.

ZEROpumpkins 11.01.2007 07:15 AM

Yes indeedeo. It's time to break out my "Beck wishes he was Thurston" shirt again.