Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   In case you haven't noticed... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2978)

khchris(original) 06.14.2006 11:43 PM

In case you haven't noticed...

but the new Sonic Youth album "RATHER RIPPED" is out now! Alot of questions arised when Jim decided not to participate, alot of new fans who joined during the Jim O'Rourke-era were scared, didn't know what could come of it.

No fear, childrens! The new album is better than anything during the O'Rourke-era and some are now saying better than anything since Washing Machine and one has even gone on to say best since Dirty.

Don't be left behind! Get this fantastic new album!!!

Gone are those boring 7+ minute songs that are way too drawn out and overly repetitive songs.

Back again is their mastery of short melodic songs with aggressive guitar and a whole album of songs that demonstrate variety while being cohesive!

Alex's Trip 06.14.2006 11:45 PM

I prefered Murray Street and Sonic Nurse, but I like this one a lot...

pantophobia 06.15.2006 02:19 AM

In case you haven't noticed

kenji has been hitting the powder

youthoftomorrow 06.15.2006 02:42 AM

i got it yesterday. i was a tad disappointed upon first listen; i miss those long, drawn out, noisey sections in the songs. but, there are several songs that i truly love ("Incinerate" and "Pink Steam").

youthoftomorrow 06.15.2006 02:48 AM

i was just giving a few examples, not listing all of the ones that i love.

finding nobody 06.15.2006 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturnine
in case you haven't noticed
i have had it for two months suckas.

but you also don't have the cool little booklet with neat pictures in it. or the cool case that it comes in
*sticks tongue out*

finding nobody 06.15.2006 02:53 AM

courtney had plastic surgery on her ears?

finding nobody 06.15.2006 02:59 AM

am i supposed to roll my tongue while pronouncingthe last part?

acousticrock87 06.15.2006 03:02 AM

I hate when people do that. I always have to pronounce it in my head. And that's impossible. You can't prolong a T. It turns into an S and that's not acceptable.

finding nobody 06.15.2006 03:03 AM

i do it all the time to emphasize things. like

oooooollllllllld. i was just being a smartass

acousticrock87 06.15.2006 03:05 AM

But see you can pronounce that. It's only with certain letters. Like if someone types "wwwwwwwhy?" You don't say that. You say "whyyyyy."

finding nobody 06.15.2006 03:08 AM

it's fuckin rad to do the thing where you make a computer talk. and type in somthin like this

g3g0858io35go;iusztogha';ositae58otgjkhe54stg

and that nig pronounces the whole damned thing!

acousticrock87 06.15.2006 03:12 AM

Haha I remember me and my friend would hook up a radio-type thing - not broadcast it or anything, but just for fun - and we'd use that to "DJ." It was hilarious for like two days...Back in the day...

finding nobody 06.15.2006 03:14 AM

i love how we killed kchris's r.r. thread. pimpin album by the way!

peace

kingcoffee 06.15.2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khchris(original)
but the new Sonic Youth album "RATHER RIPPED" is out now! Alot of questions arised when Jim decided not to participate, alot of new fans who joined during the Jim O'Rourke-era were scared, didn't know what could come of it.

No fear, childrens! The new album is better than anything during the O'Rourke-era and some are now saying better than anything since Washing Machine and one has even gone on to say best since Dirty.

Don't be left behind! Get this fantastic new album!!!

Gone are those boring 7+ minute songs that are way too drawn out and overly repetitive songs.

Back again is their mastery of short melodic songs with aggressive guitar and a whole album of songs that demonstrate variety while being cohesive!

I have to strongly disagree. The new album is not stronger than the Jom-era stuff. It's weaker. Although the melodies may be catchy, the whole album lacks the right amount of strength. The band sounds tired and spent.

kingcoffee 06.15.2006 01:14 PM

Still a decent record, though.