Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty American Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=84409)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.12.2015 05:42 PM

I agree college QBs rarely survive NFL interestingly i had this same chat with my homie and realized more first round picks have been successful than i realized. We counted about 2 and 3 chance of there being at least one franchise QB in the first round every year. Now considering we're talking about 1 great pick out of ten possible top10 picks well the odds literally drop to 10% BUT when thinking about the value of top10 picks in general its worth the try if your GM does his scouting HW..

My beef with NCAA is the guys get cocky with undeserved fanfare and beat up on shit competition in college meanwhile as rob mentioned EVERY player in NFL is obviously top tier compared to the parity of NCAA level "competition".. what is worse is even very talented QBs with true potential suffer from having their hands held through college. The refs give them way too many PI calls, the coaches call way to many of their plays, and the clock stops too much especially in crunch time. Clock management is probably NFL rookies worst skill, especially the two minute drill. The NCAA simply stops the clock to much to prepare college players for NFL.

I propose that NFL create a minor league like MLB and NBA instead of relying on NCAA for draft picks, it would give players more time to develop at an actual NFL level. Think of how many rookies don't make it to 2nd season?a minpr league would prevent so much player turn around and also help minimize ALL THE CORRUPTION IN NCAA

Rob Instigator 03.13.2015 08:34 AM

the worst thing lately is that NFL Offenses have to, HAVE TO, be able to put the QB under center. Shotgun in college is now ubiquitous, but that shit does not fly in the NFL. the Defenses are so fast and strong.

That Mariotta guy took like 95% of his college snaps in shotgun formation. That shit don't fly in the NFL.

Remember Stave McNair? I wish the Texans would find someone like him. That dude was tough as fucking nails and never ever ever backed down from shit.

Rob Instigator 03.16.2015 04:13 PM

Finally something for em to be happy about with the Texans! We are signing Vince Wilfork! He will be our beast of a Nose Tackle and this should make JaDaveon Clowney and JJ Watt's jobs that much easier!

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ns/#31139101=0

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...ick-and-brady/

schizophrenicroom 03.17.2015 12:11 AM

vince still has a ton left in the tank. treat him well down there.

Bytor Peltor 03.17.2015 12:24 AM

Texans just need JaDaveon healthy and on the field. Wilfork will be huge in mentoring Clowney......solid move!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.17.2015 12:28 AM

Wait, y'all getting excited bout fat ass vince wilfork?? Texans playing football or entering a hot dog eating contest yo??

schizophrenicroom 03.17.2015 12:47 AM

he is become wilfork, destroyer of turkey legs and worlds

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.17.2015 01:07 AM

Ill never forget when big Vince couldnt watch and looked away as billy cundiff missed the kick in 2012 AFC Game.. we got our payback the next year

schizophrenicroom 03.17.2015 01:13 AM

i was watching in the dining hall at FIU when i went there... and looked away. i couldn't. watched the next year at a bar alone and walked home piss drunk. fun times.

pats signed scott chandler, who's what, 6'6 or something. maybe we'll go back to the boston te party kinda sets.

Rob Instigator 03.17.2015 08:14 AM

Vince Wilfork has caused two amazing butt fumbles.

Bytor Peltor 03.18.2015 01:17 AM

Most TDs on deep passes (20+ air yards) in 2014:

Romo 14
Luck 12
Rodgers 11
Flacco 11
Rivers 10

Surprised only five reached double digits......very telling!

Rob Instigator 03.18.2015 08:22 AM

cornerbacks and safeties are faster than ever.

Rob Instigator 03.18.2015 08:45 AM

Oh Schaub http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/o...r=112638779551

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.18.2015 10:04 AM

Flacco would have led the league like usual but torrey smith had fucking butter fingers this year, SIX dropped 20yard plus passes alone! He made up for it in leading NFL in PI calls which he has for 3 consecutive seasons fucking shit are we gonna miss that!

Bytor Peltor 03.18.2015 05:19 PM

Vince Wilfork isn't the player he was, but he played all 19 games this past season. If Vince can tie up two blockers and play the run, he will be a BIG improvement over what the Texans had last year.

I was a little surprised to learn that Cecil Shorts led the Jaguars in number of receptions, receiving yards and TD's over the past three seasons. That said, he is still a second tier receiver who allows Texans options at the draft.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.23.2015 03:49 PM

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12544551

No national outrage or calls for crucifixion like people did to Ray Rice and Mike Vick..

Man, FUCK PEOPLE and their sensationalism inspired lynch mobs meanwhile actual NFL villains like Sanders, Adrian Hernandez or even Adrian Peterson (dude beat kids man, his OWN fucking kids??? At least ray rice hit a grown woman who admittedly was fighting with him all night)

These kinds of things are why every few years i totally give up on sports and hide in my cocoon... i think its about that time again

Bytor Peltor 03.23.2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12544551

No national outrage or calls for crucifixion like people did to Ray Rice and Mike Vick..

Not 100% sure what you're referring to???

Rick, Vick and Peterson were all active players while Sharper was retired......out of sight, out of most peoples minds......nine years is one heck of a deal for having nine sets of chargers over four States.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.23.2015 05:40 PM

So? Its still people randomly picking and choosing their outrage. Guy admits to drugging and raping SEVERAL women across SEVERAL years across SEVERAL states surely warrants some national media coverage and twitter lynching especially considering he won a Superbowl just 6 years ago and is a national TV guest analyst...

Again, people's priorities are whack

Bytor Peltor 03.23.2015 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
So? Its still people randomly picking and choosing their outrage. Again, people's priorities are whack

Truly don't have an answer for you other than, "out of sight out of mind." Rice and Peterson had video/pictures and happened during season......this is the biggest difference I can think of.

Sports Talk Radio has mentioned how disgusting Sharper's actions were, just not sure if it's worthy enough for the like of Good Morning America to discuss???

Since you probably haven't heard, please take a moment and listen to Dale Hansen rip the Dallas Cowboys a new one for signing, Gregg Hardy......is this the sort of "rage" you were referring to?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.23.2015 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

Sports Talk Radio has mentioned how disgusting Sharper's actions were, just not sure if it's worthy enough for the like of Good Morning America to discuss???

Why is it less game than Ray Rice?? I get that the guy is retired but he is still involved in sports and his retirement is very recent.The guy drugged and raped several women..

Quote:

Since you probably haven't heard, please take a moment and listen to Dale Hansen rip the Dallas Cowboys a new one for signing, Gregg Hardy......is this the sort of "rage" you were referring to?

Do you remember the scale of Ray Rice outrage? People wanted him to get like life imprisonment, people made him out to be the most despicable human being in the world, and more despicably people acted like they had never looked the other way about domestic violence in their own lives when the numbers suggest otherwise. In other words it was all self-righteous indignation..