Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The public "Thank You" thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6101)

sonicl 09.15.2006 05:38 AM

The public "Thank You" thread

Just like there is only one true God, so there is only one true thread for publicly thanking other boardies for nice things they've done for you.

Thank you, Hip Priest, for the Aphex Twin tape. I had always imagined that his music would be too abstract for me and I wouldn't like him, but now I know better.

fishmonkey 09.15.2006 06:32 AM

Thank u sonicl for the "comets on fire" CD, thanks to Hip Priest for the cricket info (c'mon the Aussies! 70 days to the Ashes) thanks to Glice for the recognigtion, Thanks to _slavo_ for been _slavo_ thanks to Porkie, Pookie Tolokosh Diesel for the humour in aboundance. Kegmama for been like a mother to us all... loads a fuckin mpelling sistakes there but thank you all... every single boardie here for their contribution in making me see Sonic youth in a more 3D form... Thanks to my parents for going on holidays to Amsterdam (the home of my conception) for the weekend and coming home with me in their hand luggage (so to speak)... i love you all and i love Sonic Youth and to the 'yoof i say in the words of benny bjorn agnetha anni....

THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC!

Tokolosh 09.15.2006 06:44 AM

Anything is possible in A'dam! ;)
I'd like to thank everybody too, especially the regulars.

luxinterior 09.15.2006 07:16 AM

I would like to thank the creator of this thread for the Einsturzende Neubauten CD. And those pictures of the Marc Bolan shrine. Also, a big thank you to Bytor Peltor for the Current 93 tape.

king_buzzo 09.15.2006 07:49 AM

ok. $$$?

porkmarras 09.15.2006 08:17 AM

A mega thank you to sonicl for sending me the Gate cd wich is a gem i've been listening to non-stop and passing on his unused Haino ticket to me.You are a complete STAR!!!!And for all of you who haven't met him in person he is as nice and engaging a chap as his ever interesting posts.I love you.

_slavo_ 09.15.2006 08:23 AM

Thank God for giving me the strenght to keep it up and fight the everyday bullshit existence

_slavo_ 09.15.2006 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmonkey
Thank u sonicl for the "comets on fire" CD, thanks to Hip Priest for the cricket info (c'mon the Aussies! 70 days to the Ashes) thanks to Glice for the recognigtion, Thanks to _slavo_ for been _slavo_ thanks to Porkie, Pookie Tolokosh Diesel for the humour in aboundance. Kegmama for been like a mother to us all... loads a fuckin mpelling sistakes there but thank you all... every single boardie here for their contribution in making me see Sonic youth in a more 3D form... Thanks to my parents for going on holidays to Amsterdam (the home of my conception) for the weekend and coming home with me in their hand luggage (so to speak)... i love you all and i love Sonic Youth and to the 'yoof i say in the words of benny bjorn agnetha anni....

THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC!

yo,
word up
and thank you fishmonkey, cos you're ubercool

HaydenAsche 09.15.2006 08:30 AM

Thanks to everyone who isn't a moron.

porkmarras 09.15.2006 08:39 AM

Also,thanks to fishy for being such a top man and emailing me the most detailed and funniest anti virus instructions that i have ever read.

toxic johnny 09.15.2006 09:04 AM

I would really like to thank the wonderful Porkmarras for making it possible for me and my loved one to witness two strikingly different theatrical experiences this year.

You are a star and a true gent Mr Marras.

Everyneurotic 09.15.2006 09:05 AM

yeah, to the people i appreciate, thanks for being you.

everyone else, stop being dicks or get the fuck out of here.

toxic johnny 09.15.2006 09:12 AM

Also I'd like to thank the marvelous Savage Clone for making it possible for me to purchase the 'Just Another Asshole' compilation on vinyl... much appreciated dude.

Everyneurotic 09.15.2006 09:15 AM

i would thank savage clone if he would SEND ME THAT DINOSAUR JR 7"!!

sonicl 09.15.2006 09:21 AM

Yeah, I would like to give a general thank you to everyone who has opened my eyes to good music that might otherwise have passed me by.

Everyneurotic 09.15.2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Yeah, I would like to give a general thank you to everyone who has opened my eyes to good music that might otherwise have passed me by.

that's what i'm the most grateful for.

Hip Priest 09.15.2006 10:59 AM

Aw, guys.

sonicl: I'm really glad you're enjoying Aphex Twin.
fishmonkey: I'm really glad that cricket has another fan.

Thanks to sonicl for the Cave mixtape. Thanks to Pookie for the splendid records. Thanks to kegmama for the Cat Power help.

Thanks to everyone I come across (on the finternet and in real life) whom I don't feel the need to ignore. My life is made continually better by a constant stream of nice people, for which I'm very grateful.

Die Braut 09.15.2006 01:15 PM

Thanks to my best friend. It was a nice day...

Tokolosh 09.15.2006 01:27 PM

I'd like to thank Inhuman. I owe you one! ;)

jon boy 09.15.2006 01:28 PM

whats with all the gushy love shit?

thanks one and all.