Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New MF Doom ALBUM next f'ing month!!!!!! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=25296)

noisereductions 09.08.2008 03:18 PM

New MF Doom ALBUM next f'ing month!!!!!!

al shabbray 09.08.2008 03:18 PM

YEEHAW

with j dilla? nice

sarramkrop 09.08.2008 03:21 PM

yes. whoooooooo!!!!! hoooooooo!!!! whooooooo!!!! hooooooooo!!!!

SYRFox 09.08.2008 03:22 PM

Neat!

o'connor 09.08.2008 05:00 PM

you cot damn mutha fuckin right! f'sho! i thought tha tshti was gonna be called doomposter though. huh. i hope it's good.

Everyneurotic 09.08.2008 05:29 PM

neat!

chairman of the bored 09.08.2008 08:12 PM

!!!...ill try not to get too hyped...but damn, hip-hop is weak nowadays...lets just hope this shit is real...real as in exists and real as in not some half-assed shit

o'connor 09.08.2008 08:27 PM

yeah, doom's got a shit load of making up to do.

batreleaser 09.08.2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
!!!...ill try not to get too hyped...but damn, hip-hop is weak nowadays...lets just hope this shit is real...real as in exists and real as in not some half-assed shit

there is actually still A LOT of great hip hop, check the grime scene, this year has already seen fantastic releases by riko, trim, wiley, and others. the new vast aire record is also great, prolly better than the original cannibal ox album. the bug, kevin martin's new project, put out london zoo, which is the best industrialk hip hop meets dancehall music ever made, absolutley amazing. and not we have upcoming doom releases. hip hop is doing fine. and fuck, i can still put on hot 97 once in a while and be pretty sure ill hear one banging track. 'hustlin' by rick ross, i still listen to that once in a while.

noisereductions 09.09.2008 07:12 AM

Yeah, I gotta disagree when you say hip hop is weak right now. You're just not checking the right stuff. This year alone has seen the release of some amazingly solid albums-- mainstream ones even! Never mind the 'underground' or 'underweb' or whatever you wanna call it.

ALIEN ANAL 09.09.2008 10:31 AM

fuck yeh
been listening to a lot of MF doom recently
top stuff

chairman of the bored 09.10.2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
there is actually still A LOT of great hip hop, check the grime scene, this year has already seen fantastic releases by riko, trim, wiley, and others. the new vast aire record is also great, prolly better than the original cannibal ox album. the bug, kevin martin's new project, put out london zoo, which is the best industrialk hip hop meets dancehall music ever made, absolutley amazing. and not we have upcoming doom releases. hip hop is doing fine. and fuck, i can still put on hot 97 once in a while and be pretty sure ill hear one banging track. 'hustlin' by rick ross, i still listen to that once in a while.

i tried getting into some grime but just couldn't feel it...it all sounds very...ugly...i'm kind of an nyc purist when it comes to my hip-hop (grew up on 36 chambers, illmatic, ready to die, etc.) with a few exceptions..

as for this year, i am feeling the wale mix tape...and as far as hot 97 goes, i end up listening to far more "mainstream" hip-hop nowadays than anything else, but its just not as special as say, madvilliany ...oh yeah, ill have to check out that new vast aire...hip-hop is maybe just not my thing at the moment so im not really looking.

therealglenstyler 09.11.2008 07:02 AM

shitchair!!!

batreleaser 09.11.2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
i tried getting into some grime but just couldn't feel it...it all sounds very...ugly...i'm kind of an nyc purist when it comes to my hip-hop (grew up on 36 chambers, illmatic, ready to die, etc.) with a few exceptions..

as for this year, i am feeling the wale mix tape...and as far as hot 97 goes, i end up listening to far more "mainstream" hip-hop nowadays than anything else, but its just not as special as say, madvilliany ...oh yeah, ill have to check out that new vast aire...hip-hop is maybe just not my thing at the moment so im not really looking.

those are all amazing albums. 36 chambers is the most important hip hop record of all time, no question. coolest record ive ever listened to till this day. you like big L?

noisereductions 09.11.2008 09:50 AM

if rap were a game I'd be MVP

chairman of the bored 09.11.2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
those are all amazing albums. 36 chambers is the most important hip hop record of all time, no question. coolest record ive ever listened to till this day. you like big L?

no im not familiar...maybe ill seek him out along with that new vast aire

noisereductions 09.11.2008 11:20 AM

Big L was part of DITC... he was on the verge of crossover stardom when his life was cut short. Sad.

repeater 09.12.2008 07:18 AM

This sounds nice, letīs just hope it isnīt ruined by skits. Cool to see its on LEX, that probably means the album sleeve is gonna be beeeeeautiful.
Is he just cool Doom now.... hmrf, why canīt he use the same alias for more than one record, it fucks up my alphabetization in my record colletion ;)

noisereductions 09.12.2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repeater
hmrf, why canīt he use the same alias for more than one record, it fucks up my alphabetization in my record colletion ;)

hahaha, that was one of my first thoughts when I read that... DOOM? DOOM? Where's the MF???

Yr getting repped my new friend.

Toilet & Bowels 09.12.2008 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Big L was part of DITC... he was on the verge of crossover stardom when his life was cut short. Sad.

As far as DITC goes I like Diamond's Stunts Blunts & Hip-Hop best