Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Green Day Wins 2 Kids' Choice Awards (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=533)

noumenal 04.03.2006 07:27 AM

Green Day Wins 2 Kids' Choice Awards

They walked away with Best Music Group and Best Song (Wake Me Up When September Ends).

My question is: Have these kids ever heard The Wiggles? Apparently not.

http://www.thewiggles.com.au/music.html

Onani Nic 04.03.2006 07:38 AM

The Wiggles are probably Australia's best export

noumenal 04.03.2006 07:41 AM

My nephew loves them.

Soundtrax 04.03.2006 08:19 AM

green day is music for kids, they have some nice songs, kids know whats cool, but they are too young to dig sonic youth ... good charollet is music for foetuses :D

Inhuman 04.03.2006 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundtrax
green day is music for kids, they have some nice songs, kids know whats cool, but they are too young to dig sonic youth ... good charollet is music for foetuses :D

haha well put. I really don't like any of those pop punk MTV bands that are out nowadays, the mainstream hit a new low with all of those From First to My Chemical Atreyufold bands.

hey alex 04.03.2006 12:40 PM

yea, emo-core sucks a hard one.

But I thank green day for being cool while I was in middle school. From there I decided to like punk music... soon after, the ramones and dead kennedys.

Soundtrax 04.03.2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hey alex

But I thank green day for being cool while I was in middle school. From there I decided to like punk music... soon after, the ramones and dead kennedys.

you decided to like? :D i decided to like my shit... i mean, i dont like it, but i decided to like it, to be cool :D

hey alex 04.03.2006 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundtrax
you decided to like? :D i decided to like my shit... i mean, i dont like it, but i decided to like it, to be cool :D

i can't tell if that's sarcasm or an attack. So I'm just going to say hey, I found something I like. Everyone needs a gateway. Few start off with their favorite song being she is not alone... most start out with stairway and don't get any furhter.

Inhuman 04.03.2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

I hate it that the media mislead people with the term "emo" because it gives real emo bands a terrible name. Rites of Spring, Nation of Ulysses, Daitro, Moss Icon, Orchid, Raein, Pg.99, etc... are great emo bands and then the label "emo" was brutally murdered by people thinking it's Dashboard Confessional and stuff you hear on the radio.

soapbars 04.03.2006 01:43 PM

i have nothing constructive to say but i feel every thread about green day should contain the words greenday are shit somewhere, so....

green day are shit

Soundtrax 04.03.2006 03:49 PM

Quote:

i can't tell if that's sarcasm or an attack. So I'm just going to say hey, I found something I like. Everyone needs a gateway. Few start off with their favorite song being she is not alone... most start out with stairway and don't get any furhter.

just a joke, sarcasm if you like ;) no offence ... but it really reminded me of one moment when i was in elementary school, when some friends decided to start to like nirvana, so they could be cool :D and it was really funny :D

TheDom 04.03.2006 03:54 PM

I'm probably going to get banished for this but...

...I really like the first 2 Green Day records!

sellouteater 04.03.2006 03:56 PM

Not all kids have bad music taste

schizophrenicroom 04.03.2006 04:13 PM

My brother was so excited when they won.

I guess it's fine music for that age they gear to, but my opinion is they're now shit. First record, ok. But now, they're thirty-something and walking around in tight pants and eyeliner. IT DOES NOT WORK.

fullchromelogic 04.03.2006 04:14 PM

that just goes to show you that kids shouldn't have the right to choose

Signpost 04.03.2006 04:15 PM

GD don't deserve any award.
And they're for very stupid kids.

sellouteater 04.03.2006 04:18 PM

yeah i hate greenday

noumenal 04.03.2006 05:59 PM

They have some really awesome little games at the Wiggles website.

dietzer123 04.03.2006 06:17 PM

i like greenday. as far as stadium rock shows go, they fucking bring it

Hip Priest 04.03.2006 06:26 PM

Double posted here. Sorry.