Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Weird Coincidence Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1424)

Inhuman 05.01.2006 11:24 AM

Weird Coincidence Thread

So I recently got a new job at a concert venue in Ottawa called Mavericks. I was doing flyer design. I never really knew the names of my bosses, since it's a job that I work from home. I knew there were two, and one of them dealt with all the web-related stuff, so I sent my flyer design back to him. He replied with the following message "Is the flyer 11x17? -Chris Habib"

Laila 05.01.2006 11:29 AM

what the fuck? but it's not the same chris habib right?.......right?!!!

Inhuman 05.01.2006 11:31 AM

haha, naw. Just pretty coincidental that there's 2 "Chris Habib"s that I know that are in the music industry that I have contact with

Savage Clone 05.01.2006 11:32 AM

I have a great story along these lines, but I will have to post it tonight when I have more time.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.01.2006 11:57 AM

I had a dream in which a bird killed another bird, and the next day a hawk killed my sister's duck.

Trasher02 05.01.2006 01:33 PM

i have deja vu's all the time.

CHOUT 05.01.2006 02:08 PM

I was listening to Rather Ripped the other day and Lee's song was playing as I drove by Lee Ave.

Signpost 05.01.2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

i have deja vu's all the time.

Yeah, me too.

HaydenAsche 05.01.2006 03:59 PM

I was listening to music and all of the sudden people on this forum were talking about music.

CHOUT 07.04.2006 09:56 PM

I like coincidences. Post more.

max 07.04.2006 10:01 PM

praise for paramnesia is all about this thing.

paramnesia. you know what it means right?

all of the recs ofthe flesh history is purely based on random coincidences.

i met with our drummer becuz i was in love with a girl who actually happened to be very close to him. i kept going in this place where my drummer works... where i was able to see this girl too. this was 4 years ago. then one day i was very depressed (at the time i lost the drumemr i was playing with) and went to his place to get a chance to see this girl. she wasn't there.
anyway all of a sudden i kinda go around him and we end up chatting it up, music shit and the rest.

bang.

he's the one!

the other day we jammed and ... here's the recs of the flesh!

acousticrock87 07.04.2006 10:11 PM

I saw that Gorillaz CD at the store misplaced about a week ago, in the computer game section for some reason, and that always bugs the crap out of me, so I picked it up to put it in the right place and at the exact moment I touched it, Feel Good Inc. started playing over the store radio thing. That kind of weirded me out. That must have been the only time I've ever touched one of his CDs, too.

Пятхъдесят Шест 07.04.2006 10:55 PM

56. The number 56, which is also my username, in Russian, as you should all know by now. Anyway, that number pops up every where in my life.

Examples:
My first name has five letters, and my last name has six.
The house I've lived in my entire life was built in 1956.
My SS# has 56 in it twice.
Countless time I've checked the time, and it will be 3:56, 6:56, etc.

A lot of other strange happenings with this number. It sort of weirds me out.

EDIT: This was almost post #856

m^a(t)h 07.04.2006 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
56. The number 56, which is also my username, in Russian, as you should all know by now. Anyway, that number pops up every where in my life.

Examples:
My first name has five letters, and my last name has six.
The house I've lived in my entire life was built in 1956.
My SS# has 56 in it twice.
Countless time I've checked the time, and it will be 3:56, 6:56, etc.

A lot of other strange happenings with this number. It sort of weirds me out.

EDIT: This was almost post #856

i dont think thats conclusive at all but nonetheless interesting. lennon was a numeroligist, his number was 9.

I think coincidences all come down to how you perceive them. i am very interested in mathematical fields such as probability so i never really see a coincidences in life...

Пятхъдесят Шест 07.04.2006 11:08 PM

I don't really need you guys to sort it out, and tell me if it is a number of importance. I'm telling you.

schizophrenicroom 07.04.2006 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I was listening to music and all of the sudden people on this forum were talking about music.

o rly

m^a(t)h 07.04.2006 11:11 PM

m^a(t)h 07.04.2006 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I don't really need you guys to sort it out, and tell me if it is a number of importance. I'm telling you.

then write a book about it on a typewriter.

Пятхъдесят Шест 07.04.2006 11:19 PM

The book would be boring, and no one would read it.

Maybe sell, 56 of em? Eh, either way.

I think you might be right about coincidences, it has to do with what someone makes of it. I should also mention, people who love, and understand math are terrific folks. I envy it.

m^a(t)h 07.04.2006 11:31 PM

i envy those who are perceptual (or atleast imaginative) enough to catch reoccuring themes throughout there life.