Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Patton's new album Peeping Tom (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2343)

johnnywinternoshow 05.29.2006 08:49 AM

Patton's new album Peeping Tom

wow! this is fucking excellent! I'm only 5 tracks in and it's already the best album I've heard this year. The sound is more in the lovage direction than anything else he's done but it's different to that as well. Features guest appearances from so many great musicians, dale crover, dan the automator, amon tobin, kid koala, kool keith, rahzel, odd nosdam, massive attack, bebel gilberto, doseone and umm norah jones(?!), although i havent got to her track yet.

The cd case is really cool too, took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to get the cd out

Pax Americana 05.29.2006 11:26 AM

Hmmmmm I should check this out. I love Mike Patton, he's nuts.

LifeDistortion 05.29.2006 01:37 PM

Saw them on Conan O' Brien. Didn't really do it for me.

dazedcola 06.07.2006 01:57 PM

I saw them on conan too but i liked it. It was so different from everything i heard. On stage was a rapper, two guitarists, a drummer, a guy beatboxing, a record scratcher and a female soul-like vocalist who when not singing was playing the electric violin. What a cool combo it was. They were singing some song about drugs, anyone know what it was called ?

johnnywinternoshow 06.07.2006 02:54 PM

I downloaded that conan performance off cv.org It sounded really flat to me, compared to the album version anyway

kingcoffee 06.07.2006 03:27 PM

I missed that Conan performance. I'm kicking myself for it now. I love the show and I guess I really missed out on a very unique performance.

johnnywinternoshow 06.07.2006 03:29 PM

cv.org has it in divx wmv and other formats

LifeDistortion 06.07.2006 04:40 PM

The song is called "Mojo", and I tried listening to a few more tracks from the album off of MySpace but the stupid audio thing wasn't working, so I couldn't get a listen to any of the other tracks.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 06.07.2006 04:42 PM

Has anyone heard Zorn's "moonchild" yet? Its just bass, drums, and vocals. Patton does the vocals. It's insane.

Jessica_ 06.07.2006 08:35 PM

I got the album when it leaked earlier this year. Nothing really stuck out for me.

val-holla-ing 06.07.2006 10:52 PM

i went to go pick it up the other day, but the record store was sold out. i guess that's a good sign?

noisemachine 06.08.2006 12:35 AM

At first listen, I like it, but its probably gonna get old for me fast. Im waiting for the day that patton puts out something that lives up to Disco Volante.

porkmarras 06.08.2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
Has anyone heard Zorn's "moonchild" yet? Its just bass, drums, and vocals. Patton does the vocals. It's insane.

I haven't but i was wondering because of your username if you know a piece that Chatham has composed with David Toop?

johnnywinternoshow 06.08.2006 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica_
I got the album when it leaked earlier this year. Nothing really stuck out for me.

those were probably the demos, the album has improved versions of quite a few of those tracks, some of them didnt even make the album