Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More summer dates to come! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1051)

elder18 04.18.2006 12:00 PM

More summer dates to come!

It says so on the News part on the main page.
maybe we'll get that club tour everyone is clamoring for.
Sure I'm going to the Kuyahoga Festival, but really...
FUCK FESTIVALS!

noisemachine 04.18.2006 08:40 PM

I want them to do some headlining California dates! I was planning on seeing them with PJ at the Santa Barbara Bowl but the tix just start at $60 and go to $83.50 for floor tix. And I really can't afford that right now...so PLEASE, SY, do some headlining dates in CA!

karma_army 04.18.2006 08:47 PM

Will they do a european tour?? I hope they will cause i missed them last year when they played in Dublin..
Was anyone here at that show??

strictlycommercial 04.19.2006 04:35 AM

Yup, was pretty good but too fucking short. Need a decent headline show badly.

screamingskull 04.19.2006 04:40 AM

yeah, they better play in england,if not i will probly try and go to the ATP nightmare before xmas festival. i really want to see them again.

pao-lino 04.19.2006 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karma_army
Will they do a european tour?? I hope they will cause i missed them last year when they played in Dublin..

yeah, we wnat the european tour. in winter would be cool.
(no, I', not irish-I'm sure though many guys here were there)

Iain 04.19.2006 05:31 AM

Who's to say they will play ATP even. It just says Thurston Moore curating.....I'd rather Dream Aktion Unit played than Sonic Youth to be honest. Especially if it was some sort of massive big band line up like at the Victoriaville fest.

jon boy 04.19.2006 05:35 AM

'I'd rather Dream Aktion Unit played than Sonic Youth to be honest'

here here.

i think that they will probaby end up playing some of the festivals, reading/leeds or one of the v things. the sell outs!

fishmonkey 04.19.2006 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strictlycommercial
Yup, was pretty good but too fucking short. Need a decent headline show badly.

you're right, it was pretty good but we need a headliner show ASAP,
fuck that Electric Picnic shit, one night headlining in Dublin and i'll be well happy

Pires 04.19.2006 06:10 AM

I don't understand why they're coming to europe just to play in Paris. A long trip just for one show?

Grete 04.19.2006 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pires
I don't understand why they're coming to europe just to play in Paris. A long trip just for one show?

really!! it's strange...:(

kingcoffee 04.19.2006 07:04 AM

$60-$83???!!!! Is that how much Pearl Jam is charging for tickets now a days? I like some of their music, but I will never pay that much for Pearl Jam. There are only a couple of people/bands that I would ever pay that much for: Bob Dylan, Neil Young, and Kurt Cobain if he came back from the dead. Cuz wouldn't you pay to see a dead guy rock out? But seriously, fuck Pearl Jam. They act all indie and shit, but they are just corprate sellouts. They have shitloads of money and they have the balls to charge $80 for a fucking show???? I know SY is on the bill, too, but I wouldnt pay more than $45 for that show. At the most!!!!! And that's if I get a hand job by the hot girl who works at the hot dog stand, too.

Inhuman 04.19.2006 08:21 AM

They better come to Canada. I'd really like to see them live, and plus it would be nice to see Mark on Bass too. I'd save up a good $300.00CAD and buy like..every shirt they sell there, I'm planning on having 7 SY shirts so that way I can be wearing different SY stuff every day of the week

krastian 04.19.2006 03:45 PM

My theory on Pearl Jam tickets being expensive is simply supply and demand (obvy)......sure it sucks, but hey what can you do. I personally wouldn't charge that much to my fans, but can you really blame them? If you can get $1.50 for a loaf of bread, why charge $1.00? Don't get me wrong though....pound for pound it sucks!

greenlight 04.19.2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karma_army

Yeah, we were. And also i met, irish sy boardies...
PaulBee has a link from old forum with dublin gig thread (pics as well). I have a pics too, but tooo lazy upload them now.

maggot brain 04.20.2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain
Who's to say they will play ATP even. It just says Thurston Moore curating.....

pretty sure theyre gonna play - thurston said so on bbc 6 on tuesday...sounded like it was gonna be real cool, mostly ecstatic peace bands and such

oh, and the stooges

elder18 04.21.2006 12:01 AM

Pearl Jam tickets for $80?
What happened to fighting Ticketmaster, guys?
Way to give into THE MAN.

Everyneurotic 04.21.2006 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elder18
Pearl Jam tickets for $80?
What happened to fighting Ticketmaster, guys?
Way to give into THE MAN.

that's the very same reason i couldn't see mudhoney open for them last december

EyeballGrowth 04.21.2006 12:23 PM

I certanly hope they do more summer dates. So fart he closest thing to CT is Philidelphia

Ich bin gael 04.21.2006 08:35 PM

I hope some NYC dates are forthcoming. Hopefully at Webster Hall or a Northsix.