Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Any musicians on this forum interested in playing a festival next August? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=38379)

Glice 04.26.2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florya
I'm beginning to have misgivings - all the other acts seem to be guitar based, rock and roll type stuff wearing pantomime or halloween fancy dress.
What will they make of just me and my laptop?

On that tip, as someone who's not quite rock n' roll, I've not heard anything yet. Although in fairness I did send him a massive list of things that are good that he should put on.

Genteel Death 04.26.2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Yeah, our guitarist found the facebook page and I was a bit surprised as I didn't send the demo yet, will do so tomorrow. I'll send you one too if you PM me your address.

On Friday he told me that he liked the songs he's listened to on myspace and sent you guys a message. Is that the case? Was it a confirmation? I will send you a pm with my address.

Genteel Death 04.26.2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florya
I'm beginning to have misgivings - all the other acts seem to be guitar based, rock and roll type stuff wearing pantomime or halloween fancy dress.
What will they make of just me and my laptop, playing ambient electronica?

I meant to ask him if he's the only one choosing the bands because I'm sure he isn't. Some of the ones that mede it on the line up are so crap. I know that they will extend the license to make more room for a larger number of bands, but I'd rather if quality, rather than quantity, was the aim.

Genteel Death 04.26.2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
On that tip, as someone who's not quite rock n' roll, I've not heard anything yet. Although in fairness I did send him a massive list of things that are good that he should put on.

Send the list to me too.

Florya 04.26.2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I meant to ask him if he's the only one choosing the bands because I'm sure he isn't. Some of the ones that mede it on the line up are so crap. I know that they will extend the license to make more room for a larger number of bands, but I'd rather if quality, rather than quantity, was the aim.

Thanks GD. I don't really want to be the only noodler there! :)

Glice 04.26.2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Send the list to me too.

Check your facewaste.

Glice 04.27.2010 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie
Ahh I really really really wanna play!
some good friends of mine are playing.
will go anyway obviously!
I live in hope.

Chaaaaaaarrrrlieeeeeeee...Did you pick up that CD I left for you?

Glice 04.27.2010 05:21 AM

That's excellent news. I was a bit worried, I think that house might be cursed, but don't tell anyone I said that.

Genteel Death 04.28.2010 06:44 AM

T&B - Yes, VVSR are confirmed, check your myspace inbox.

Glice - Keran told me that he still didn't have the time to check all your suggestions but will go through them all, at one point.

Charlie - Did Keran contact you? If he hasn't, please let me know and I'll send him a reminder.

Apparently the profile of this festival has risen in the media.

Genteel Death 04.28.2010 06:45 AM

T&B - Yes, VVSR are confirmed, check your myspace inbox.

Glice - Keran told me that he still didn't have the time to check all your suggestions but will go through them all, at one point.

Charlie - Did Keran contact you? If he hasn't, please let me know and I'll send him a reminder.

Apparently the profile of this festival has risen in the media.

Glice 04.28.2010 01:46 PM

Keran said I'm in, which is nice. He's also said that's he's going to contact a couple of the bands I suggested. I really hope Charlie's playing in some capacity (Solar Flares! They never play where I can see them).

Genteel Death 04.28.2010 01:54 PM

That's good news. Fuck Knuckles almost certainly in.

Genteel Death 04.28.2010 01:55 PM

Also, if Mel Ashtray Navigations reads this, what happened to you?

Glice 04.28.2010 02:20 PM

I have a mate who's mates with Ash Nav if Mel doesn't re-surface.

Toilet & Bowels 04.30.2010 07:22 AM

this is going to be fucking awesome!

Genteel Death 04.30.2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie
no I have heard nothing...

yeah lots of people are getting really excited about this!

and I would also like to know where Mel is... Deej didn't have an email address for her?
hope all is well

Ah ok. I'm almost certainly seeing Keran later on this evening, so I will remind him again.

Genteel Death 05.06.2010 01:36 PM

Ash Nav, Thought Forms and Fuck Knuckles I have emailed Keran today, if you are reading this. Check both your email and myspace inboxes, and then let me know what's happening. Thank you.

Genteel Death 05.08.2010 09:15 AM

Great.

Genteel Death 05.09.2010 12:13 PM

Charlie- Thought Forms comfirmed.

Florya 05.09.2010 04:08 PM

So it looks like all the other performers ARE guitar based.
Seems I may have been a little hasty in my enthusiasm.
I'll get in touch with Keren, see if he can reassure me.