Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What do you think you're GETTING for Christmas? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9199)

Inhuman 12.21.2006 11:45 PM

What do you think you're GETTING for Christmas?

The greedy version of the thread...

I think I'm getting a mic stand from my parents and a few other things. I asked for some school supplies because next semester's going to be a bitch moneywise, but they changed their decision at the last minute because they want me to enjoy my christmas. My parents refuse to get me music though, which is a drag.

From friends I think I'm getting The Destroyed Room, The new Snoop Dogg, and White 1 by Sunn0)))

Norma J 12.21.2006 11:47 PM

Why the refusal to buy you music?

HaydenAsche 12.21.2006 11:48 PM

Probably nothing. Maybe dinner. Ema's getting me something.

touch me i'm sick 12.21.2006 11:49 PM

gift cards... lots of gift cards

Inhuman 12.21.2006 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
Why the refusal to buy you music?

They feel my brothers and I have far too much music. If we combined them all we would probably have about 700 CD's and about 100 records, and they think that's too much, but I really want to broaden my music taste more. You would think that Christmas is about giving for them to enjoy too...

Norma J 12.21.2006 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
They feel my brothers and I have far too much music. If we combined them all we would probably have about 700 CD's and about 100 records, and they think that's too much, but I really want to broaden my music taste more. You would think that Christmas is about giving for them to enjoy too...

Yeah, your parents just don't understand.

Inhuman 12.21.2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

Yeah, your parents just don't understand.

I know, and my mom says she'd be very dissapointed if she doesn't get the new lorena mckennitt album. It's a little hypocritical.

Norma J 12.21.2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

I know, and my mom says she'd be very dissapointed if she doesn't get the new lorena mckennitt album. It's a little hypocritical.

That is hypocritical. Although, does she have many albums?

Well atleast they aren't buying you school stuff. It's cool they want you to have fun.

Inhuman 12.22.2006 12:04 AM

For sure! My parents own around 75 albums, but aren't always wishing to expand their taste too much. I told them I have LOTS of albums because I LIKE music, and it's about GIVING, not about what you want to give them according to my book.

touch me i'm sick 12.22.2006 12:06 AM

all i can say is, you can never have too much music

Inhuman 12.22.2006 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touch me i'm sick
all i can say is, you can never have too much music

Yeah, if Savage Clone or gmku was their son, they'd have a fit.

Norma J 12.22.2006 12:09 AM

Quote:

For sure! My parents own around 75 albums, but aren't always wishing to expand their taste too much. I told them I have LOTS of albums because I LIKE music, and it's about GIVING, not about what you want to give them according to my book.

I refuse to buy shit music for someone though, even if they asked for it or I know they want it. I can't bare to do it. I generally buy what I know they like/want but also what I think is neat. So that way I know I spent my money well.

touch me i'm sick 12.22.2006 12:11 AM

Quote:

I refuse to buy shit music for someone though, even if they asked for it or I know they want it. I can't bare to do it. I generally buy what I know they like/want but also what I think is neat. So that way I know I spent my money well.

and then it's nice cause you have a whole new interest to share and talk about

Inhuman 12.22.2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

I know exactly what you mean. This christmas I could have bought my friend a Death Cab CD, or a Don Caballero CD, so I of course went with Don Caballero. And my friend Julie likes John Jackson and it's the only thing I could think of that I know she likes, so I got her a bag of Every Flavored Beans instead.

Alex's Trip 12.22.2006 12:29 AM

I think my parents are just going to give me money this year. I've asked them to do that forever. I think they are doing it this year because I want new clothes and my parents suck at buying me clothes.

finding nobody 12.22.2006 12:31 AM

I want a Nentindo Wii, but that probably won't happen because they're out of stock everywhere. (which is fine with me) So, my Mom asked me to make a list. I havent made it yet. I'll do it right now
Bad Brains Live DVD
Yeah Yeah Yeahs Live DVD
GTA: Vice City Stories (PSP Game)
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (PSP Game)
Stooges Live DVD
Ramones Raw DVD
and probably a couple of cds.. Not much is available around here, I gotta put some thought into that

schizophrenicroom 12.22.2006 12:32 AM

i asked my parents for gift cards, and membership in the death cab fan club.

touch me i'm sick 12.22.2006 12:35 AM

i hope your joking

Inhuman 12.22.2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

I think my parents are just going to give me money this year. I've asked them to do that forever. I think they are doing it this year because I want new clothes and my parents suck at buying me clothes.
I always buy my own clothing. I go to thrift stores usually, and always come out with a nice basketful of stuff.

HaydenAsche 12.22.2006 12:44 AM

Quote:

I always buy my own clothing. I go to thrift stores usually, and always come out with a nice basketful of stuff.

Terrible fashion.