Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone have the setlist from last nights show? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6492)

noisemachine 09.28.2006 11:16 AM

Anyone have the setlist from last nights show?

Title says it all. Would have gone but I went to see TV on the Radio in my own town instead. But going to the Wiltern show tonight. Was anyone at the show last night?

longroad84 09.28.2006 03:00 PM

*Not in order
From rather ripped: Reena, Incinerate, Rapture, what a waste, jams run free, rats, turquiose boy, pink steam, or

Candle, The world looks red, teenage riot, kool thing, skip tracer, shaking hell

Once again, not in order...I don't think I forgot anything.

satirejohn 09.28.2006 03:47 PM

those are some pretty cool oldies except kool thing could be replaced by tom violence, schizophrenia or expressway or something like that. good song though

noisemachine 09.28.2006 07:25 PM

I actually want to see Kool Thing... out of the 4 times I have seen them they have never played it. But I also havent seen Tom Violence, Expressway, Candle, Skip Tracer, and World Looks Red. So yeah, if they could play all those tonight at the Wiltern that would be great.

drrrtyboots 09.28.2006 07:55 PM

How was TVOTR noisemachine? i'm seeing them in about a month and haven't heard too much about this album live yet.

whorefrost 09.29.2006 07:10 AM

shaking hell and world looks red?
*ejaculates*

noisemachine 09.29.2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
How was TVOTR noisemachine? i'm seeing them in about a month and haven't heard too much about this album live yet.

TVOTR the radio was awesome. I actually thought a lot of the new songs sounded better live than they do on the album. You wont be disappointed.

Chaffie 09.29.2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longroad84
*Not in order
From rather ripped: Reena, Incinerate, Rapture, what a waste, jams run free, rats, turquiose boy, pink steam, or

Candle, The world looks red, teenage riot, kool thing, skip tracer, shaking hell

Wiltern was the same except with no Kool Thing and change Skip Tracer with Eric's Trip.

I have to admit the ending of the second encore with Teenage Riot with the noise fest with Thurston and Lee using their guitars like swords was amazing. I got the chills.

noisemachine 09.29.2006 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaffie
Wiltern was the same except with no Kool Thing and change Skip Tracer with Eric's Trip.

I have to admit the ending of the second encore with Teenage Riot with the noise fest with Thurston and Lee using their guitars like swords was amazing. I got the chills.

At the wiltern they also played lights out and the neutral. It was a very rather ripped oriented set. I think the only RR song they didnt do was Sleepin Around.

whorefrost 09.29.2006 03:31 PM

Rather Ripped has grown on me in a big way so I am ecstatic at the prospect of seeing them at ATP

keith24 09.29.2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longroad84
*Not in order

I'll attempt to put in order for anyone that cares. I'm pretty sure this is it:
Candle
Incinerate
Reena
Skip Tracer
What A Waste
Rapture
The World Looks Red
Kool Thing
Rats
Jams Run Free
Pink Steam