Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I finally got my acceptance letter from the university... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6666)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.04.2006 12:51 PM

I finally got my acceptance letter from the university...

"On behalf of the faculty, administration, and staff, it is my privilege to extend to you the invitation to become part of California State University, Long Beach community."

I have been waiting two years to finish up this transfer, and wasted a few more doing nothing before that. Africa here I come! (just two more years to go!)

Tokolosh 10.04.2006 01:10 PM

Congrats.

ni'k 10.04.2006 01:20 PM

Oh- Oh Yeah! Well I Just Realised I Don't Have Enough Money For Ciggarettes And Have To Make Rolls From The Left Over Tobacco From The Ashtray!

Inhuman 10.04.2006 01:32 PM

Nice Long Beach! Congrats man.

HaydenAsche 10.04.2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
Oh- Oh Yeah! Well I Just Realised I Don't Have Enough Money For Ciggarettes And Have To Make Rolls From The Left Over Tobacco From The Ashtray!

Ah, I love being poor. It's alot of fun.

Suchfriends, congratulations. I just got an acceptance letter from the U of M but I'm not sure if I can financially transfer there this spring as I'd plan. I might have to wait until fall.

Glice 10.04.2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k

Povvs we call them over here.

Word to the wise: Don't do this for any reason. Seriously. I don't usually get serious or expect people to listen, because people don't listen, it's the hate-ternet, why should they? But listen to this: Don't do povs. Cancertastic, and if not that then it can damage your throat in untold ways. I lost my voice for over a month because of doing this. Not in any way clever.

Go rob people to buy proper fags. I don't know what it is about smoking it twice, but it's a million times worse.

Of course, no fucker's gonna listen to this, but if they do, good on them.

HaydenAsche 10.04.2006 01:54 PM

I hear ya, man. When you smoke a cigarette halfway and light it up again later it is twice as harsh.

Everyneurotic 10.04.2006 02:35 PM

i agree, that's worse then smoking a car's exhaust pipe.

get paper and loose tabacco and roll your shit, or get unfiltereds; it's better than smoking left over cigs.

!@#$%! 10.04.2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
"On behalf of the faculty, administration, and staff, it is my privilege to extend to you the invitation to become part of California State University, Long Beach community."

I have been waiting two years to finish up this transfer, and wasted a few more doing nothing before that. Africa here I come! (just two more years to go!)

congratulations

static-harmony 10.04.2006 03:43 PM

Congratulations, I still can't transfer yet.

Style 10.04.2006 08:22 PM

congrats, I remember my transfer, good times, you'll have fun.

golden child 10.04.2006 08:44 PM

i started smoking like that, picking stuff up on the way home from school.

ni'k 10.05.2006 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Povvs we call them over here.

Word to the wise: Don't do this for any reason. Seriously. I don't usually get serious or expect people to listen, because people don't listen, it's the hate-ternet, why should they? But listen to this: Don't do povs. Cancertastic, and if not that then it can damage your throat in untold ways. I lost my voice for over a month because of doing this. Not in any way clever.

Go rob people to buy proper fags. I don't know what it is about smoking it twice, but it's a million times worse.

Of course, no fucker's gonna listen to this, but if they do, good on them.

Thanks for the advice man, I DID listen and will take note.

Rob Instigator 10.05.2006 10:10 AM

Fantastic news! congratulations!

screamingskull 10.05.2006 10:15 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sonicl 10.05.2006 10:17 AM

Congratulations, suchfriends, and good luck.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.05.2006 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golden child
i started smoking like that, picking stuff up on the way home from school.

i started smoking that way too, back when I was twelve a half smoked cigarette butt was like gold! and since they are about to be seven bucks a pack here in cali, they'll probably be gold again.....

swenson clane 10.05.2006 12:18 PM

Alex's Trip 10.05.2006 02:59 PM

I was just there. Nice campus, but it was very confusing. But I was only there for two days.

touch me i'm sick 10.05.2006 04:59 PM

woo hoo party yeah!