Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth in Manchester and London (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=41549)

greenlight 09.30.2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgekrz
thanks for the info, realistically do you think these will sell out fast or I got time? And anyone has extras that can meet me at these shows, I think I want to go to both now... I've been to Manchester before, nice place for a visit!

do you want me to buy you a ticket with no commitment that you have to buy it, so I would end up with one extra tick. for myself if you would decided not to go, or could not come for whatever reason?

freezerburn 10.01.2010 02:35 AM

So stoked for this. I've got my ticket for Manchester, but I'm weighing up going for NYE too.

toxic johnny 10.01.2010 07:20 AM

Just when my life can't get any better The Pop Group are added to the bill :) :) :)

Georgekrz 10.04.2010 09:15 AM

greenlight -dont buy me a ticket.... if i couldnt make it id pay you for the ticket anyway, of course. ticket is not the biggest question, you got plane tickets to worry about, getting days off from work, volcanos, snowstorms, terrorists, all that other crap that can make one miss a show... anyway Im gonna worry about it after I come back.

greenlight 10.04.2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgekrz
greenlight -dont buy me a ticket.... if i couldnt make it id pay you for the ticket anyway, of course. ticket is not the biggest question, you got plane tickets to worry about, getting days off from work, volcanos, snowstorms, terrorists, all that other crap that can make one miss a show... anyway Im gonna worry about it after I come back.

exactly. poxy volcanos allright, wouldnt be worried about them terrorist. i don't know why i wrote that. probably didnt want you to stress over the ticket, once you would decided to come. as you said tick. isn't big deal in this case.

Blue Eagle 10.06.2010 07:14 AM

Only found this news yesterday. Fantastic stuff. It's been a long time since Dublin last year.

Ticket sorted for the Manchester gig, just need to decide now whether to go down to London as well.

Are there likely to be other dates added, either in UK or mainland Europe?

maropi 10.07.2010 06:11 AM

Got mine to London! I've decided to have a few days holidays visiting London again, too.

Great combination and new years eve, wow.

Will be there coloured balloons and confetti? ;)

nancykitten 10.15.2010 01:24 PM

I'm going to the Manchester gig. Hopefully I'll also see them in London too, finances dictating.

Sonic Bowie 10.16.2010 04:14 AM

I just enrolled as a member of this forum.

Yesterday I bought tickets for the London gig. What a way to spend new year's eve.
I come from Belgium to see Shellac and The Youth. I'm very curious to The Pop Group as well.

I just can't wait. Also a chance to get to know new people.

Genteel Death 11.11.2010 01:22 PM

I'd expect to at least get some canapes and champagne for 45 quid.

SonicBebs 11.11.2010 05:16 PM

hope they play old landsign skronk

years and years ago i was at Slinky's for nye and they played a hard house old langsign. it was fucking hillarious

i dont know how to spell old langsign

skater130 11.12.2010 10:54 AM

managed to get a ticket for the NYE show...will be catching a plane over from Australia a couple days before and then onto exchange at Leeds. If any locals wanna hang out, that would be awesome! can't think of a much better first time experience.

Toilet & Bowels 11.15.2010 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBebs
hope they play old landsign skronk

years and years ago i was at Slinky's for nye and they played a hard house old langsign. it was fucking hillarious

i dont know how to spell old langsign

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auld_Lang_Syne

Mortte Jousimo 11.16.2010 02:39 AM

If I will get some extra money, my plans to the new year will be sure. But now it seems that I will not get any extra money. It such a shame!!!

SonicBebs 11.16.2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

cheers man

Scots pronunciation guide
(as Scots speakers would sound)

Shid ald akwentans bee firgot,
an nivir brocht ti mynd?
Shid ald akwentans bee firgot,
an ald lang syn*?
CHORUS:Fir ald lang syn, ma jo,
fir ald lang syn,
wil tak a cup o kyndnes yet,
fir ald lang syn.An sheerly yil bee yur pynt-staup!
an sheerly al bee myn!
An will tak a cup o kyndnes yet,
fir ald lang syn.
CHORUSWe twa hay rin aboot the braes,
an pood the gowans fyn;
Bit weev wandert monae a weery fet,
sin ald lang syn.
CHORUSWe twa hay pedilt in the burn,
fray mornin sun til dyn;
But seas between us bred hay roard
sin ald lang syn.
CHORUSAn thers a han, my trustee feer!
an gees a han o thyn!
And we’ll tak a richt‡ gude-willie-waucht‡,
fir ald lang syn.
CHORUS

ridiculous!

greenlight 12.13.2010 05:40 PM

so any suggestions about some nice cheap place where to stay over night in manchester??? thanks.

NP 12.15.2010 12:44 AM

I'm going new years eve, can't wait :D Never seen SY live before

tasteinmen 12.17.2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
so any suggestions about some nice cheap place where to stay over night in manchester??? thanks.

lastminute.com

I wonder what the setlist will be like :-)

stu666 12.17.2010 08:45 AM

got my tickets today!

nicfit 12.17.2010 08:46 AM

the final countdown in loop covered by the 3 bands.
that's the official setlist.
you lucky fellas.