Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   bob dylan (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1082)

finding nobody 04.20.2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Yeah man.....I was hoping for some of that on No Direction Home and some footage from the Rolling Thunder Revue tour......bastards.

they have live video from that tour too :( ive seen clips. i imagine you could find a bootleg copy of some of the shows somewhere...

finding nobody 04.24.2006 04:21 PM

or, better yet. buy the concert dvd "the last waltz" it's very cool and it's got live dylan from the late seventies

chuck norris 04.27.2006 12:00 PM

I bought The Freewheelin Bob Dylan last year, and was amazed by the humour and the fun. Some of it almost sounds like stand up comedy...

"My friend Bob, what do we need to make the country grow?"
"My friend John, Brigitte Bardot...."

"In my Cadillac... A good car to drive, after a world war"

Inhuman 04.27.2006 12:08 PM

I like Bob Dylan's music, but I haven't heard too much of it. I'll check some more stuff out by him soon :)

krastian 04.27.2006 01:35 PM

Yeah Bob is pretty funny. Inhuman, get "Bringing It All Back Home" if you don't already have it.

Inhuman 04.27.2006 01:48 PM

Nice, I just heard Mr.Tambourine man. It's definately has a different sound in comparison to a lot of 60's music. I also listened to Subterranean Homesick Blues. His vocal's in the song remind me somewhat like Lou Reed's "There she goes again", I like it!

krastian 04.27.2006 02:09 PM

Yeah you can hear a lot of Bob in Lou....big influence.

finding nobody 04.27.2006 04:00 PM

my grandma bought me the basement tapes yesterday. it's got some stuff performed by the band. it's good though. i need to listen again.

has anyone read "dylan's visions of sin" it's a cool that interpets dylans wirtting and stuff. but it's all really the author goes into the songs really deep. like the rhyming patterns and shit. it's nuts. i reccomend it if you like that kinda stuff. here's a pic of the book

Drugstore_Cowboy 04.27.2006 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssBlaster
Yes. Lou Reed is well known for wishing he was Bob Dylan.

Too bad for Dylan that Reed is a better writer.

hey alex 04.27.2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drugstore_Cowboy
Too bad for Dylan that Reed is a better writer.

but at least bobby never did this...

(ps- haven't heard it but i hear it's bad... and that cover is worse than the worse bob dylan music)

Drugstore_Cowboy 04.28.2006 05:32 AM

Dylan has released more unbearable songs than Lou Reed, tho, so . . . when Dylan is bad, it is bas, but when Reed is bad, it is funny.

finding nobody 04.28.2006 05:54 AM

lou's metal machine music was really funny! i get a headache every time i try to listen to it