Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What was the... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40934)

artsygrrl 08.12.2010 01:48 PM

What was the...

First song you put on your ipod or phone or whatever like that...?

screamingskull 08.12.2010 01:51 PM

Sleater Kinney - Dig Me Out

on my ipod mini, green

i was 16

Rob Instigator 08.12.2010 01:54 PM

I have no ipod. but on my last cellphone, the first one I had where songs could be added and played, I put Daydream Nation.

Count Mecha 08.12.2010 02:04 PM

I don't have a ipod, iphone, whatever, anything like that. But I'll adjacently tell you the first song I ever downloaded which I think comes close enough. It was Frank Zappa's Zoot Allures.

Glice 08.12.2010 02:05 PM

DJ Hixxy's remix of Special D's Come with me, which remained my ringtone for a long time. My current ringtone is my niece playing a piano by dancing on it.

No ipod for me though.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.12.2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
Sleater Kinney - Dig Me Out

on my ipod mini, green

i was 16

fucking fantastic album!

the first thing I put on my iPod was the music which made me go out and buy one in the first place, my entire Grateful Dead bootleg collection on mp3 files which sound so ridiculous crisp on iPod audio drivers that I was impressed from my first listen.. My sister accidentally put them on her iPod and when I listened to them I was blown away, all the years I had owned this music I had never heard it so clear and sharp and defined..

I bought my iPod for my Dead collection, and by default filled it with the rest of my music. I waited and waited for YEARS until they came out with the 16gig nano to buy my first iPod because I wanted it to fit in my fifth pocket of my jeans..
the first year it came out I bought it, and now I am waiting for a 30 gig nano to replace it, cuz I have over 25 gigs of music and I have to keep shuffling between various 'perfect' iPod selections...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I have no ipod. but on my last cellphone, the first one I had where songs could be added and played, I put Daydream Nation.

all apple fascism aside, you should get an iPod nano, it will change your musical life, I promise ;)

screamingskull 08.12.2010 05:24 PM

you like Sleater Kinney and the Grateful Dead, why aren't we best friends?

atsonicpark 08.12.2010 05:27 PM

Never had an ipod, iphone, or cellphone in general.

But my girlfriend had a cellphone and I put Aphex Twin - 4 on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iiK4MgIPtI

Later, we put misfits' horror business on it.

joe11121 08.12.2010 06:59 PM

i think it was Beck - Mellow Gold, or Broken social scene - you forgot in people. it was definitely one of those two albums

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.12.2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
you like Sleater Kinney and the Grateful Dead, why aren't we best friends?

where have you been? its no secret that I adore both s-k and the dead even more so, though I have been listening to s-k for a few years more than the dead, but the dead more than dominate my music collection. Half those 25 gigs are dead soundboards.. but I have seen s-k 10 times..

EVOLghost 08.12.2010 08:57 PM

I'm pretty sure it was White BLood Cells by The WHite Stripes. I was....14?

alteredcourse 08.12.2010 10:56 PM

One song, Jefferson Airplane - Today
and a bunch of Brian Jonestown Massacre

Mortte Jousimo 08.13.2010 01:49 AM

I don´t have Ipod. There´s some shit on my phone that was there when I bought the phone, never listen it.

ann ashtray 08.13.2010 02:05 AM

never owned an Ipod....

But, I did have some Stooges on my last celly...and a SY song, Sugarcane.

Now I just use the regular ol' classic phone ringing tone.

Kegmama 08.13.2010 02:08 AM

ummm, i think it was brother james.

screamingskull 08.13.2010 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
where have you been? its no secret that I adore both s-k and the dead even more so, though I have been listening to s-k for a few years more than the dead, but the dead more than dominate my music collection. Half those 25 gigs are dead soundboards.. but I have seen s-k 10 times..

i saw SK back in 2005 and it was amazing, but they broke up really soon afterwards. The Grateful Dead is more a band from my childhood, my parents were deadheads and actually went to the same grateful dead show as teenagers but didn't meet, my dad has every grateful dead record ever, is a massive collection.

Youth_Against_Facism 08.13.2010 04:06 AM

I don't have an ipod or phone nor do I want an ipod or phone. So I'm just gonna do my first album I bought and it was; In The Court Of Crimson King by King Crimson on vinyl.

Death & the Maiden 08.13.2010 05:15 AM

The Caesars - 39 Minutes of Bliss in an Otherwise Meaningless World

radarmaker 08.13.2010 06:52 AM

No idea what the first things I put on my Creative Zen were, but the first things on my latest phone were Red Alert by Teenage Jesus & The Jerks (my alarm clock) and Rocket From The Tomb's version of Raw Power (ringtone).

loubarret 08.13.2010 07:03 AM