Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What The Fuck Are You Eating???? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2675)

!@#$%! 03.05.2024 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
Jim White posted a cooking video on YT
It's the Oz version of the Swedish Chef :D:D

this was very funny!! thanks

hippietears 03.15.2024 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
it's been a looooooong night! and i've got more hours to go, so i need a good but non-sleepy breakfast

Smoothies are great, but the take effort and a blender. Overnight oats is really good too, there's a lot of cool recipes online for different flavors and stuff ! They also don't take as much effort to make too :D

!@#$%! 03.18.2024 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippietears
Smoothies are great, but the take effort and a blender. Overnight oats is really good too, there's a lot of cool recipes online for different flavors and stuff ! They also don't take as much effort to make too :D

oh yeah, i make a whey shake as prebreakfast, just in a cheap blender bottle with some creatine added, but it's not a smoothie proper. too much cleanup for me at that hour plus i got rid of my electric blender years ago, chose to keep the food processor instead, way more use for the space consumed, and then the compact blenders have not convinced me yet

oatmeal i prefer in the evening due to the soothing nature of carbs and their sleepy effect. or at least from early afternoon onwards, for relaxation. oatmeal is good for serotonin production, helps ward off depression and anxiety and that sort of thing. but also it just helps to sleep

i'm up very early in the morning (or sometimes stay up all night and keep it rolling, like the other day) and usually don't stop to eat a solid meal until i'm done with stuff, which is maybe noon, maybe mid-morning, depending. but protein and fat and salt and some nonstarchy veg are my thing at these early hours, or else i crash

Antagon 03.18.2024 04:19 PM

That cheeky Twix knockoff chocolate bar that is actually better than the original.

!@#$%! 03.18.2024 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon

That cheeky Twix knockoff chocolate bar that is actually better than the original.

oh hell yeah it would be!

-

dinner:
quinoa
spinach
grilled chicken
sour cream
glass of chard(onnay, lol)

!@#$%! 03.19.2024 10:56 AM

natty peanut butter on a spoon

hippietears 03.29.2024 10:14 AM

Had an iced coffee and half of a bagel before class 2day and it was good :D

hippietears 04.11.2024 08:18 AM

Tried a new Indian place that just opened down the street, and my chicken tikka masala was very good ! They also has amazing garlic naan and mango lassi !

!@#$%! 04.12.2024 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippietears
Tried a new Indian place that just opened down the street, and my chicken tikka masala was very good !

that's totally my favorite non-authentic indian food, i don't gove a damn thst it's not "really authentic" and was made for westerners or whatever, cream and chili and spices is an amazing sauce, and if it was invented in scotland so be it. gotta love hybrid cultures. mmmmmmm chicken tikka masala. the best! i also love a lamb vindaloo with the real burn but that creamy chicken thing is just ahhhh

hippietears 04.15.2024 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
that's totally my favorite non-authentic indian food, i don't gove a damn thst it's not "really authentic" and was made for westerners or whatever, cream and chili and spices is an amazing sauce, and if it was invented in scotland so be it. gotta love hybrid cultures. mmmmmmm chicken tikka masala. the best! i also love a lamb vindaloo with the real burn but that creamy chicken thing is just ahhhh

I don't care either, it is one of my favorite foods and it's amazing. My partner got Biryani and said it was pretty good too!

hippietears 04.19.2024 11:39 AM

Ate a bagel for breakfast and a peppermint coffee. I'm a werido who likes peppermint in their coffee, it's good I dont care what other people think

tw2113 04.20.2024 12:59 PM

Been doing a lot of beef lately.

Antagon 04.23.2024 03:38 PM

Self-made veggie Chili. Put in some coconut milk and curry for good measure. In fact it wound up somewhere between a Thai curry inspired dish and actual Chili. It's Schroedinger's Chili/Curry. It's both and neither at the same time.

!@#$%! 04.26.2024 01:53 PM

been eating a lot of cold cereal lately due to time constraints

it's annoying but work is work