Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A Prank, SYG Style (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=105156)

evollove 02.27.2014 02:50 PM

A Prank, SYG Style

Let's all call in to a radio talk show on the same day.

There's this talk radio station, WNIR in Akron, OH, near where I live. Weeknights, 9-11 PM EST, there's this slovenly stupid host Jim Isabella. Here's his fat face: http://www.wnir.com/page.php?page_id=111

Paranoid, homophobic, impossibly dumb.

Let's fuck with him.

I think it would hilarious if we could find a day that works for most people, and we all call in. Maybe you agree with him. Fine. Disagree? Even more fun.

I'd love to hear everyone's voice.

So we can recognize each other, callers should drop a SY reference. "Obama is such a liar. His promises are an empty page." You get the idea. If you get really stuck, just throw out "Lee is free!"

You can stream it here:

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_pl...allsign=WNIRFM

Here's the hotline:
1-800-669-4100

Lemme know who's game.

Bytor Peltor 02.27.2014 02:55 PM

I'm game!

Is Akron in the Central or Eastern timezone?

evollove 02.27.2014 03:13 PM

Cool. Eastern.

Actually, I was hoping you'd be interested, Bytor Peltor, because you're not just another liberal (like me). Somehow I get the feeling that even if you agree with this guy on a point, you'll have much stronger reasons for supporting it.

I'm looking forward to hearing if you have a Texas accent.

Rob Instigator 02.27.2014 04:01 PM

Oh man this is gonna be so sweeet

EVOLghost 02.27.2014 05:07 PM

Hahaha...sounds fun! Someone should record it lol.

pony 02.27.2014 06:12 PM

I WANT I WANT I WANT, my voice is so cute

!@#$%! 02.27.2014 07:09 PM

i don't know if i'll be able to join in, but this sounds very good.

evollove 02.28.2014 08:01 AM

^Too bad. You should try.

I'm pretty bad at organizing.

Would Wednesday be an okay day for people?

Bytor Peltor 02.28.2014 09:16 AM

Are you a regular listener?

If so, does his show have a "theme day" or a day where certain topics are NOT discussed? This is the only thing I can think of that may sway the day we attempt this......if not, Wednesday is fine by me!

EVOLghost 02.28.2014 09:30 AM

That would be fun if I can. Though kyary is that night...

evollove 02.28.2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Are you a regular listener?

If so, does his show have a "theme day" or a day where certain topics are NOT discussed?

I'm not a regular listener, but I don't think there are themes or rules. At the top, he usually mentions a bunch of topics (some perfectly innocent) but it's just a call-in show, and anyone's allowed to bring up whatever.

Anyway, he wouldn't be able to resist if certain topics were brought up.

I did listen a little last night. After a break he mentioned they were talking about marriage. But the next caller complained about Republicans who were so prejudiced against Mormons they didn't vote for Romney. The host went off for about five minutes.

He's actually pretty good about letting callers direct the flow of the show.

Obviously, the more of us who call in, the better this will be.

I dream of recording it and putting it up on soundcloud or something.

Rob Instigator 03.01.2014 09:03 PM

Wednesday

Bytor Peltor 03.02.2014 05:28 PM

Wednesday will work for me!

I was thinking, should we each assign ourselves different SY phrases / lyrics / song titles to work into the call so those of us listening will know who is speaking?

Example
evollove - empty page
Bytor Peltor - Murray Street

I might work it in like this: "For those of us working down on Murray Street, we may no longer be able to afford basic necessities if food prices continue to rise."

_tunic_ 03.03.2014 07:06 AM

"We're calling from Providence, Rhode Island, did you find your shit?"

:)

evollove 03.05.2014 10:42 AM

I've been very busy and unusually disorganized lately. Kinda dropped the ball on this.

But I hope there's still some enthusiasm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I was thinking, should we each assign ourselves different SY phrases / lyrics / song titles to work into the call so those of us listening will know who is speaking?

This is a good idea, but due to me being so disorganized, I think just coming back to this thread and writing, "I was the one who said..." will work.

--So TONIGHT. 9 PM Eastern standard time

This number works too:

300-673-1234

Weirdly, Monday's show started at 8? Maybe something's changed. But it's certainly on til 11. Anyway, let's all call around 9 just to concentrate our calls.

---

Okay, even if this isn't the best show broadcasting at the best time, I get the feeling it's still a good idea. So if tonight's try ends up sucking, by all means someone suggest another show on another day.

EVOLghost 03.05.2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
"We're calling from Providence, Rhode Island, did you find your shit?"

:)

LOL. THIS!

Ya gotta watch the mota maan.

pony 03.05.2014 11:10 AM

Can't Wait Omg

Rob Instigator 03.05.2014 11:25 AM

complete inhuman

pony 03.05.2014 11:32 AM

i will just make horse sounds, is that ok?

!@#$%! 03.05.2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
i will just make horse sounds, is that ok?

they wont put you through. there's usually a producer or something putting you on hold until it's your turn to speak. you need to make it through the screening first to get to the host/live broadcast.