Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daydream Nation on iTunes (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9494)

phxphreak 01.01.2007 10:38 AM

Daydream Nation on iTunes

Hello all, I was looking to get Daydream Nation on iTunes but it is listed as a partial album. However, every track is there except "Trilogy: The Wonder", but in its place is a song called "Trilogy Medley" that is 4:15 seconds long, just like the song which should be there. What is the difference? Or are they really the same song? I want to purchase the album, but not an incomplete version.

Danny Himself 01.01.2007 10:38 AM

It'd be easier to just buy the record.

I don't use Itunes, but I've never heard of 'Trilogy Medley'. I would take pride in my sonic knowledge. Perhaps Chris Lawrence will shed some light on this mystery.

PAULYBEE2656 01.01.2007 10:57 AM

thats just a title misnomer i reckon...... go to a normal shop and pick it up in your hands, then you knlow youve got the real deal. its not a difficult album to come accross

or even wait 6 odd months and buy the expanded edition...... no fuck it, go and buy it now and then buy the expanded edition in 6 months. no self respecting indie guitar swing appreciator should be without this masterpiece of jingle jangle.....

val-holla-ing 01.01.2007 12:26 PM

i agree with what everyone else is saying. besides, if you buy it on itunes, then switch computers, you may have to reauthorize it or some shit to play on the new computer.

porkmarras 01.01.2007 12:31 PM

As much as i disagree with technophobes and Sonic Youth fans in general,make the trip to the nearest record shop and buy the record.It'll change your life for the best,trust me.

schizophrenicroom 01.02.2007 12:52 AM

that trilogy medley might just be "the wonder" but not the other two songs.

but seriously, itunes is a last resort for music. get the actual cd. (or, i did see an autographed vinyl copy floating around on ebay a while back..)

jon boy 01.02.2007 07:35 AM

itunes is very annoying isnt it? anyway i would say that yes buying the album is for the best.

The Erotic Pacman 01.02.2007 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phxphreak
Hello all, I was looking to get Daydream Nation on iTunes but it is listed as a partial album. However, every track is there except "Trilogy: The Wonder", but in its place is a song called "Trilogy Medley" that is 4:15 seconds long, just like the song which should be there. What is the difference? Or are they really the same song? I want to purchase the album, but not an incomplete version.

hey. i have free 5 euro cuppons if you want to... i dont use that shit anyway..

whorefrost 01.02.2007 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
that trilogy medley might just be "the wonder" but not the other two songs.

but seriously, itunes is a last resort for music. get the actual cd. (or, i did see an autographed vinyl copy floating around on ebay a while back..)

medley suggests to me that it would be a shortened blend of all three tracks. bogus, in other words.

phxphreak 01.02.2007 04:06 PM

So no one knows? I was at the record store today and they didn't have it.

HECKLER SPRAY 01.02.2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

So no one knows? I was at the record store today and they didn't have it.

Your record store doesn't have Daydream Nation ? What's that shit ?!!
You 've got to change it. This album is a milestone.

The Erotic Pacman 01.02.2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY
Your record store doesn't have Daydream Nation ? What's that shit ?!!
You 've got to change it. This album is a milestone.

meh meh...

daydream nation is out of stock almost everywhere...

edit: calm down i was talking about my local stores... ok?

k-krack 01.02.2007 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whorefrost
medley suggests to me that it would be a shortened blend of all three tracks. bogus, in other words.

My thoughts exactly. Why the fuck would you buy it on itunes anyways?!

HECKLER SPRAY 01.02.2007 04:16 PM

You mean in vinyl version ?

k-krack 01.02.2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Erotic Pacman
meh meh...

daydream nation is out of stock almost everywhere...

Baloney! Daydream Nation is the only pre 1990 album that is kept in stock in almost every record store, major or not. It's always there, man.

HECKLER SPRAY 01.02.2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
Baloney! Daydream Nation is the only pre 1990 album that is kept in stock in almost every record store, major or not. It's always there, man.

Completly agree !!
I live in France, a boring country for rock addicts, and you can find Daydream Nation in every record store.

phxphreak 01.02.2007 04:28 PM

Well, it wasn't there.

And as for "why the fuck would I buy it on iTunes", why not?

I bought it off Amazon so your "help" is no longer needed.

EvdWee 01.02.2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

And as for "why the fuck would I buy it on iTunes", why not?

music is more than just the music... when you buy an album you need to see the artwork too. the album of a good artist is not just the music, the cover should be art...

didn't you ask the recordstore if you could place an order? buying from the internet will destroy the local shops...

phxphreak 01.02.2007 06:02 PM

Wow, first I get criticized for looking to buy an album off iTunes, and now I get criticized for buying it off the internet...

The Lung 01.02.2007 06:06 PM

Quick get out of here, run home! It will only get worse.