Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   All over again: killings in Paris tonight 11/13 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112586)

Bertrand 11.13.2015 05:33 PM

All over again: killings in Paris tonight 11/13

Bombings by the Stade de France while France was facing Germany in a soccergame. 4 dead.
Meanwhile, fuckers kill in the center of Paris. Reporters can't say much regarding casualties...
Meanwhile, fuckers burst into the Bataclan, where Eagles of Death Metal were playing, and shoot, kill. 15 dead.
Confusion everywhere. Hostages in the Bataclan? When people were attending a gig? How many more?

Bertrand 11.13.2015 05:57 PM

Nope; I work there; I have friends in the area though...

Bytor Peltor 11.13.2015 06:15 PM

I've been reading / catching up on this story over the past hour......for those in the area, STAY SAFE!

Sky News Live

Shootings At Eagles Of Death Metal Concert - Multiple People Dead

Bytor Peltor 11.13.2015 06:21 PM

BREAKING: French President Francois Hollande announces he is closing France's borders

Devastatingly real......CNN reporting people are live tweeting from inside the theater beggin police to raid as hostages are being slaughtered 1 by 1

Bytor Peltor 11.13.2015 06:40 PM

0030 Paris time, police assault underway at Bataclan.

Reports multiple shooters from the concert hall balcony.

SYRFox 11.13.2015 06:51 PM

awful, awful, awful

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.13.2015 06:58 PM

Whoa... this is insane news. Over 45 dead and counting :(

Bytor Peltor 11.13.2015 07:00 PM

@deepquest: #Bataclan hostage situation secured. 2 terrorists killed. Few SWAT injured during the assault. #FusilladeParis

Bytor Peltor 11.13.2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
I'm hearing 100 dead at Bataclan.

Before today, I only knew Bataclan as the venue for some of my favorite live concert albums......reports that the French President has just visited Bataclan.

The Omni Hotel is Dallas is lit up like the French flag tonight.

For those who may need info / help:

_tunic_ 11.14.2015 08:57 AM

I've been to the Bataclan five years ago, Low was playing there as support act for Mercury Rev. Here's my recording of Low's set. To be honest I don't recall much anymore about how the venue was like. But it had very good sound. I've more fond memories about the Thurston Moore night a couple days later at La Villette who was headlining for Half Japanese and Glenn Branca.

I'm really shocked about what has happened, and seeing the video of people running out of the back exit of the building. A Dutch guy who was at the concert had been hiding under a pile of dead bodies for some time.

Bertrand 11.14.2015 10:29 AM

I went at the Bataclan 3 years ago for Shellac. I arrived early to be as close to the stage as possible. It wasn't sold out. I've had time to see the place.

I've been crying sporadically for a while now, knowing what the place looked like doesn't help.

EVOLghost 11.14.2015 10:46 AM

This is just awful

Bytor Peltor 11.14.2015 03:15 PM

Concert poster for the Bataclan show last night:

Don't believe this is from last night, just an example of what the full venue looked like:

Map of all six locations that were attacked:

dead_battery 11.14.2015 06:04 PM

maybe they just really liked the eagles?

Antagon 11.14.2015 07:21 PM

Absolutely horrific. And I dread the consequences this is most likely going to have. There will be more fear-mongering, more baseless accusations and xenophobic slogans by the far right, that's a given. And governments may feel the pressure to lean towards a far more reactionary position. In the wake of 9/11, fear and incertainty reached a point that enabled the Patriot Act, two wars and a slew of measures that radically changed the face of individual freedom. This has the potential to usher in some more absurd and completely irrational actions. And it's already getting abused to rally against the refugees who only seek to flee situations like this one. It's sickening.

In other, or let's say very similar news: Bombings in Bourj el-Barajneh, a suburb of Beirut leave between 37-43 dead.

Bytor Peltor 11.15.2015 02:55 AM

Bataclan Video: The Moment The Shooting Starts

RIP Nick

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.15.2015 03:02 AM

Here is the problem, when the serpent tempted Adam and Eve it wasn't necessarily like what they did wasn't really themselves. "The devil made me do it" is never really the whole truth. We are tempted by our own worst selves. So in actuality both are right. The totalitarian police state will always have a natural justification to crack heads and there will always be assholes who provoke such. And then such will always provoke retaliation by those victimized by power, but its a circle.. we are always back in the Garden facing the same bad decisions

"The subverts became politicians and finally got the underhand.. meanwhile back in Subvert City someone is writing on the wall FUCK your government spray paint hero in Subvert City its subvert rule..."

dead_battery 11.15.2015 08:25 AM

they were just mad queens of the stone age werent playing

relax yall

evollove 11.15.2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
There will be more fear-mongering, more baseless accusations and xenophobic slogans by the far right, that's a given.

My dumb ass made the mistake of listening to some conservative talk radio. Brutal stuff.

I'm pretty sure America is going to start rounding up every Muslim in the land and putting them in camps, just until we can get this whole thing sorted out.

If you can't imagine Obama issuing such an order, how hard is it to imagine Ben Carson doing so?

Bytor Peltor 11.15.2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
If you can't imagine Obama issuing such an order, how hard is it to imagine Ben Carson doing so?

The earliest Ben Carson or any other candidate that may end up President can issue such an order would be January 2017......if anything is going to be done, it will need to be way before then!