Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   You'll never guess who turned up on stage with Primal Scream last night!! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28364)

This Is Not Here 11.29.2008 09:38 AM

You'll never guess who turned up on stage with Primal Scream last night!!

So yeah I saw Primal Scream at the Hammersmith Apollo last night, they were absolutely killer, and I was having a great time, until two thirds of the way through the set, they had a surprise for us, and the night got ever better!:

Thats right people, KEVIN SHIELDS played guitar with Primal Scream once again! And my god, what a sound they made. Kevin finished off their set with a mini holocaust (7 mins), and all was well with the world.

(I really think Shields must be starting to recognise me, at 4 of the 7 gigs he's done in the South of England in the last year (or, indeed, the past 16 years) I've been right at the front gauping at him)

RdTv 11.29.2008 09:52 AM

He's a twat.

Toilet & Bowels 11.29.2008 10:00 AM

i've never felt such all consuming apathy as when i saw and read this thread

RdTv 11.29.2008 10:05 AM

hahahaa

Trasher02 11.29.2008 10:11 AM

Cool, what song did he play?

This Is Not Here 11.29.2008 10:53 AM

He played songs from XTRMTR mainly

SYRFox 11.29.2008 10:53 AM

If Primal Scream could ever make a record as good as XTRMNTR I would be happy. That's the only LP from them I like actually, but I fucking LOVE it

greedrex 11.29.2008 10:56 AM

Kevin who?

sarramkrop 11.29.2008 11:34 AM

Can anyone reccomend a good website for medieval witch illustrations?

SYRFox 11.29.2008 12:11 PM

http://www.wikipedia.org

Inhuman 11.29.2008 01:13 PM

So yeah I saw Primal Scream at the Hammersmith Apollo last night, they were absolutely killer, and I was having a great time, until two thirds of the way through the set, they had a surprise for us, and the night got ever better!:

Thats right people, TUPAC SHAKUR rapped with Primal Scream once again! And my god, what a sound they made. Pac finished off their set with a mini holocaust (7 mins), and all was well with the world.

(I really think my homeboy 2pac must be starting to recognise me, at 4 of the 7 gigs he's done in the South Central LA in the last year (or, indeed, the past 16 years) I've been right at the front gauping at him)

Inhuman 11.29.2008 01:43 PM

But man, that is pretty sweet that he showed up. Gotta love special guests. Reminds me of how the Rolling Stones would walk in on small venues and play a set with the rest of the bands on the bill

RdTv 11.29.2008 01:49 PM

The only real memorable special guest appearance I witnessed was John Cale at a SY show back in 02. Not super suprising as the bill was Paul Westerberg, SY, and Patti Smith. Oh the Polyphonic Spree played, but I left after 5 minutes of their set.

vulva 11.29.2008 02:13 PM

Thats right people, PIERRE TRUDEAU worked on legislation with Primal Scream once again! And my god, what a sound they made. Pierre finished off their set with a mini holocaust (7 mins), and all was well with the world.

(I really think my homeboy Pierre must be starting to recognise me, at 4 of the 7 gigs he's done in South-Wetern Ontario in the last year (or, indeed, the past 16 years) I've been right at the front gauping at him)

SYRFox 11.29.2008 03:04 PM

Thats right people, ADAM COOLEY played noise with Primal Scream once again! And my god, what a sound they made. Adam finished off their set with a mini holocaust (7 mins), and all was well with the world.

(I really think Adam must be starting to recognise me, at 4 of the 7 gigs he's done in the South of Indiana in the last year (or, indeed, the past 16 years) I've been right at the front gauping at him)

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 11.29.2008 03:08 PM

what's funny about the title of this board is that I guessed it.

RanaldoNecro 11.29.2008 03:28 PM

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/..._300x375,1.jpg

Thats right people, ADOLF HITLER worked on killing with Primal Scream once again! And my god, what a sound they made. Adolf finished off their set with a mini holocaust (7 mins), and all was well with the world.

Derek 11.29.2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox

Thats right people, ADAM COOLEY played noise with Primal Scream once again! And my god, what a sound they made. Adam finished off their set with a mini holocaust (7 mins), and all was well with the world.

(I really think Adam must be starting to recognise me, at 4 of the 7 gigs he's done in the South of Indiana in the last year (or, indeed, the past 16 years) I've been right at the front gauping at him)

HAHAHAHAHA

this is the best one haha

This Is Not Here 11.29.2008 05:08 PM

Ha ha, reps for all.

dazedcola 11.29.2008 06:34 PM

I guessed it before even opening the thread. I expect to claim my reward prize within the week. thank you