Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   happy st patricks day! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11416)

!@#$%! 03.18.2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
a Poe adaptation with a young Jane Fonda and Bardo

what is this?? sure i could imdb it but i figure it's more entertaining to ask you

Savage Clone 03.18.2007 10:02 AM

It's a DVD with three short films (total run time 121 min) called "Spirits of the Dead." Also features Terence Stamp and Alain Delon, among others.
The three films are directed by Louis Malle, Roger Vadim and Federico Fellini.
Pretty good so far, but I haven't finished it yet.

Glice 03.18.2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa

where have you been these past weeks, you bastard? the board has been in need of good laughs.

Busy busy busy at the moment. The world of inept temporary workers needs slovenly, misanthropic cunts, and it needs them bad. It's my calling. Also making/ writing music. Fun.

Savage Clone 03.18.2007 10:06 AM

I got a job too.
How about that.

Glice 03.18.2007 10:07 AM

Jobs eh? Can't beat 'em.

!@#$%! 03.18.2007 10:11 AM

a day without work is a day without eating... so congrats to both of you. i personally am quite fond of food.

drrrtyboots 03.18.2007 10:15 AM

It's nice not to have work today, i got too irish last night and have time to recooperate and pick up the pieces of my overindulgent saturday evening before school/work is back in cycle. Plus, noreasters are excellent.

!@#$%! 03.18.2007 10:17 AM

oh this eh?

looks great! did you buy, rent, check out of the library, got off the internet? i'd imagine though it's on amazon it might not be too easy to find...

Savage Clone 03.18.2007 10:37 AM

I bought it at a local shop.

!@#$%! 03.18.2007 11:33 AM

ah. the "local" video store i patronized (hours away from where i live) is shutting down & i bought some of their inventory. it was fucking sad, like carrying corpses. if you have a local store that sells this shit, you ARE a lucky bastard.

so is the new job any fun?

Savage Clone 03.18.2007 11:37 AM

It's OK. Not terribly interesting, but they treat me nicely and it pays well and it's close to home. Not too bad.
The movie was a toss-up for me. It was either that or some Matthew Barney Cremaster whatnot, which I will be going back for.

Iain 03.18.2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantophobia
it is weird, i forget who it was either but someone here doesn't like irish-americans to call themselves irish either, some weird thing

It's when people have maybe one Grandparent or some even more distant relative and that is Irish and go around claiming to be Irish that annoys people. It's just a bit silly.

Cantankerous 03.18.2007 01:29 PM

you guys are idiots, i don't live in ireland. i'm irish by heritage, of course i'm fucking american.
i'm a bit hungover. but doing fine.

jon boy 03.18.2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
you guys are idiots, i don't live in ireland. i'm irish by heritage, of course i'm fucking american.
i'm a bit hungover. but doing fine.

so exactly which relatives of yours are irish?

Cantankerous 03.18.2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
so exactly which relatives of yours are irish?

both of my great-grandmothers and my great-grandfather, two of whom are dead.

jon boy 03.18.2007 02:02 PM

haha thats pretty damn good kar.

Glice 03.18.2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
both of my great-grandmothers and my great-grandfather, two of whom are dead.

That's pretty tenuous, by that token I'm half-Spanish. Not that I can criticise, to be sher (etc).

Iain 03.18.2007 02:45 PM

Glice, did you effect a cod-Irish accent yesterday or at any point over the weekend. And did you wear a bit novelty guiness hat? There's a wager staked on these two potential occurences.

Iain 03.18.2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
That's pretty tenuous, by that token I'm half-Spanish. Not that I can criticise, to be sher (etc).

I guess it's a cultural thing. Americans seem a hell of a lot keener to grasp onto some sort of vague family history of foreign-ness. I have Scottish grandparents (have no idea about great grandparents) and one of the most Scottish names this side of Carlisle but I would never say I was Scottish or even part Scottish.

Glice 03.18.2007 02:48 PM

Oh really? I did take a shitty hat off of someone and tell him he looked like a prick, and I also did do a faux-Donegal accent. And also shouted at some in the fashion of Paisley. Do I win?