Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Elephant Man (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3446)

Laila 06.26.2006 12:01 PM

The Elephant Man

okay from my give me a good movie to rent thread i chose "the elephant man." thank you to whoever suggested it, i don't remember who did. anyway it was good, but i have to say that if i was ever in a room alone with him i would be terrified and scared. i feel so bad for saying that cause in the movie they make him out to be a nice gentle person that would never hurt anybody, and even while knowing that i still would not want to be around him. am i evil for feeling this way? i feel really bad but i can't help it. i'm not a shallow person, but i can get over the way he looked.

h8kurdt 06.26.2006 12:05 PM

Yes very evil. I say whip yourself every night this this week for thinking that way.

atari 2600 06.26.2006 12:15 PM

it was me & that movie is great. it's in my top twenty or so. someone else remarked that they didn't like it (in the last thread) & i cannot see how.

Bastian 06.26.2006 12:35 PM

I want to see this movie, but it`s hard to find. Well, my GF once bought it off ebay, but it never arrived.. and the videostores arround don`t have it.

porkmarras 06.26.2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bastian
I want to see this movie, but it`s hard to find. Well, my GF once bought it off ebay, but it never arrived.. and the videostores arround don`t have it.

Bizarre.I've owned it so many times and it's really easy to find .I never get tired of it.It's basically my own story,according to atari.

Laila 06.26.2006 02:47 PM

try the library. that's where i got my copy.

DemonBox 06.26.2006 07:53 PM

Yeah, that one is really great. It's good when a movie, a piece of music, or art really makes you feel something, this movie was one of those.

Daycare Nation 06.26.2006 09:30 PM

I saw it once probably over 20 years ago, and will probably never see it again....Even though David Lynch is one of my all-time favorite directors. I didn't like having to endure watching all the mockery and cruelty.

Toilet & Bowels 06.27.2006 01:53 PM

i momentarily thought this thread might be about this entertaining young chap

but i think in 4 years of posting on this board i've never seen a thread about dancehall

HaydenAsche 06.27.2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturnine
laaaaaila
you got me on my knees laila
i'm beggin darlin pleeeease laila
darlin wont you ease my worried mind, oooooooo

HAHA

LittlePuppetBoy 06.27.2006 02:36 PM

funny, last night I had a dream that an old man was nearly killed by a deformed guy, who looked just like the Elephant man, because of some revenge plot. Except he was deformed because he was left in a marsh.

very fucked up dream

LittlePuppetBoy 06.27.2006 02:40 PM

RIP Joseph Merrick

porkmarras 06.27.2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i momentarily thought this thread might be about this entertaining young chap

but i think in 4 years of posting on this board i've never seen a thread about dancehall

Let's start one then.

Savage Clone 06.27.2006 04:08 PM

Something about how Dancehall loves the gays.

porkmarras 06.27.2006 04:11 PM

I know what you are getting at,you cheeky chappie.We'll see you there.

Daycare Nation 06.27.2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssBlaster
It reminded you too much of your own sad and pathetic existance?

Surprising!?

Not really.

No. Nice try at pissing me off--actually, not a good try at all...totally predictable, unintelligent--3rd grade level. You get an F. Piss off and go suck Hayden.

HaydenAsche 06.27.2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
No. Nice try at pissing me off--actually, not a good try at all...totally predictable, unintelligent--3rd grade level. You get an F. Piss off and go suck Hayden.

You pretty much win I guess. I mean "piss off and go suck Hayden" is obviously a 7th grade level insult. Well done.

SubSonicPumpAction 06.27.2006 10:07 PM

Bastian wins for the coolest avatar.

Daycare Nation 06.27.2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
You pretty much win I guess. I mean "piss off and go suck Hayden" is obviously a 7th grade level insult. Well done.

Thanks, bro.

porkmarras 06.28.2006 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
Thanks, bro.

Are you sure that you don't want to mother him?