Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Twins separated at birth accidentally marry (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=18888)

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 01.13.2008 04:34 AM

Twins separated at birth accidentally marry

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...lyE noughNews

I don't see why they had to split up. IMO unrelated adopted siblings who grow up together getting married is more incestuous than this.

✌➬ 01.13.2008 04:37 AM

That sucks.

nicfit 01.13.2008 04:57 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

pbradley 01.13.2008 05:17 AM

"Well she's also adopted and doesn't know her biological parents either so at least we have that in common."

ZEROpumpkins 01.13.2008 07:35 AM

Haha!

screamingskull 01.13.2008 07:56 AM

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, i read about this, its totally sucks, cousins getting married is bad enough.

Alex's Trip 01.13.2008 12:27 PM

When I read the title, I thought identical twins and said "What dumbasses!" Little did I know...

Savage Clone 01.13.2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I don't see why they had to split up. IMO unrelated adopted siblings who grow up together getting married is more incestuous than this.

By simple definition of what incest is (sexual relations between blood relatives), you could not be more wrong.

"We just had this...bond. It was impossible to explain!"

Edit:
It's not really destructive if they don't have kids, I guess.
Still weird.

girlgun 01.13.2008 12:34 PM

they must've been really into themselves to marry someone so much like themselves.

Anngella 01.13.2008 12:52 PM

I feel bad for them. I'd be devastated if I found out I was blood-related to the person I was in love with.

LittlePuppetBoy 01.13.2008 03:26 PM

Yeesh, I hope they didn't have sex BEFORE they found that out. I would feel sick after that if I was one of them.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 01.13.2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
By simple definition of what incest is (sexual relations between blood relatives), you could not be more wrong.

"We just had this...bond. It was impossible to explain!"

Edit:
It's not really destructive if they don't have kids, I guess.
Still weird.

I know the definition of incest. I've just always thought the thing wrong about incest is that you're raised as siblings, cousins, etc. If you don't know the person is your sibling, I'd say the wrongness is gone. The genetic disadvantage is still there though.

Inhuman 01.13.2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
Yeesh, I hope they didn't have sex BEFORE they found that out. I would feel sick after that if I was one of them.

I wouldn't feel grossed out really. Just because there's a close biological relation doesn't mean I would dub it as gross. I have two friends that are cousins that do it quite often

flophousefloozie 01.13.2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
I wouldn't feel grossed out really. Just because there's a close biological relation doesn't mean I would dub it as gross. I have two friends that are cousins that do it quite often

Yeah, I don't really see it as gross. It would be gross if they thought of eachother as sibblings before they fell in love. I think it's only weird and gross if you see the person as a "brother" or "sister". It wouldn't even be gross if they had children. It would be biologically fucked up.

ZEROpumpkins 01.13.2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

I have two friends that are cousins that do it quite often

Dude....

Norma J 01.13.2008 09:18 PM

I was thinking the same thing, Pumpkin.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 01.14.2008 12:08 AM

I despise the thought of marrying a cousin. Just the thought of one of my aunts being my mother in law.

Now a second cousin I wouldn't have any opposition to. I don't even know any of my second cousins. And I don't even know any of my 3rd cousins names.

mangajunky 01.14.2008 07:54 AM

I don't think they got married

mangajunky 01.14.2008 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
When I read the title, I thought identical twins and said "What dumbasses!" Little did I know...

dripping with irony

!@#$%! 01.14.2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, i read about this, its totally sucks, cousins getting married is bad enough.

bad for who?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anngella
I feel bad for them. I'd be devastated if I found out I was blood-related to the person I was in love with.

as long as you don't have children, there's no issue

Quote:

bravo, sir. i have to say you seem to be one of people in this board who's freer from sexual hangups. congratulations on a happy life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I despise the thought of marrying a cousin.

maybe you don't have any hot cousins. :p