Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mark Ronson remixes Dylan (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15222)

MellySingsDoom 08.02.2007 01:05 PM

Mark Ronson remixes Dylan

Here's current media fave Mark Ronson offering a clip from his remix of a Bob Dyalan song (on his MySpace) site:

http://www.myspace.com/markronson

To me, it sounds like Ronson has shoehorned his usual "hip hop beat and horns" presets onto the tune. Utterly lazy and predictable pish.

jonathan 08.02.2007 02:45 PM

hahahahaha this is god damn ridiculous.

demonrail666 08.02.2007 03:41 PM

That cunt's really starting to get on my nerves.

Glice 08.02.2007 04:09 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that he's the worst thing ever.

Open message to Lily Allen: Lily, I really, really love you and want to have your babies. If you don't want me, that's fine, but for the love of God stop kicking about with Mark 'Shit' Ronson. I can't offer you much, but I can tell you who's a shitty, cheap wanker who needs to die (i.e. Mark Ronson).

demonrail666 08.02.2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that he's the worst thing ever.

Open message to Lily Allen: Lily, I really, really love you and want to have your babies. If you don't want me, that's fine, but for the love of God stop kicking about with Mark 'Shit' Ronson. I can't offer you much, but I can tell you who's a shitty, cheap wanker who needs to die (i.e. Mark Ronson).

I agree wholeheartedly with everything said in this post. Although, from a strictly biological perspective, I'd rather she had my babies, than I had hers.

Savage Clone 08.02.2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I can't offer you much except my throbbing member, which, as has been noted in the past, really is quite large.

I say expect a call.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.02.2007 04:19 PM

what a fucking asshole!
why is he remixing dylan?

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.02.2007 04:20 PM

it should be illegal to touch anything dylan does

demonrail666 08.02.2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
what a fucking asshole!
why is he remixing dylan?

because he's a fucking asshole?

Glice 08.02.2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
it should be illegal to touch anything dylan does

It's not so much the whole remixing Dylan thing as the existing generally thing that annoys me about Ronson. If he were to do what Alec Empire did to Elvis (who, incidentally, I adore) then I would heartily applaud. He will, however, do something infinitely worse than Dylan, which, in itself, is quite impressive; however, Dylan is shit, Ronson is shit, and perhaps they should both just die and let everyone remember that, in spite of the pain, justice does infrequently happen.

MellySingsDoom 08.02.2007 04:27 PM

Ronson's entire reputation rests on doing "Ooh Wee", a song that is mildly diverting at best. I guarantee he'll end up producing/remixing/putting those stupid horns over at least one tune on Kylie's forthcoming album.

He lives in New York, apparently - can we start a fund to get Glice/demon to fly over to NY with the express purpose of punching him repeatedly in the cock?

demonrail666 08.02.2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
can we start a fund to get Glice/demon to fly over to NY with the express purpose of punching him repeatedly in the cock?

I'm in. Glice?

Glice 08.02.2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'm in. Glice?

YES YES YES.

Let's kick him in the cock! Whoo!

MellySingsDoom 08.02.2007 04:33 PM

Right boardies, start your putting "Glice & Demon Cockbash '07" pledges in - together, we can make a difference.

demonrail666 08.02.2007 04:36 PM

We'll need codewords, gadgets, briefcases and tuxedos. I don't want anything going wrong here Melly. This is a major operation.

Savage Clone 08.02.2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

We'll need codewords, gadgets, briefcases and tuxedos. I don't want anything going wrong here Melly. This is a major operation.

With the possible exception of the tuxedo part, this sounds more like a recipe for some delicious sadomasochistic sex play between yourself and Glice.
Which could also involve some cock-punching if that's your bag, I suppose...

MellySingsDoom 08.02.2007 04:40 PM

demonrail666 - I advise you listen to Big Black's "Things to Do" as a reference for for a plan of action - "Buy a pack of Squares" and so on.

Glice 08.02.2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

I'm glad you're thinking of organisation. To be honest, I couldn't tell you what he looks like, so I was thinking of going over to the states and twatting the cunt off of any cunt who looks like that cunt, or looks like he may be a cunt or may just be, in fact, a cunt.

demonrail666 08.02.2007 04:45 PM

We'll talk about this when we rendezvous at Nassau. We can look at slides of Ronson in a dark cigar smoke filled operation room over glasses of Whiskey.

Toilet & Bowels 08.02.2007 07:09 PM

it's hardly fair to lay the blame on this mark ronson chap for lily allen and bob dylan being rubbish