Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

king_buzzo 10.09.2006 07:04 AM

post comething completely irrelevant!

now!

sun city girl 10.09.2006 07:57 AM

Jico 10.09.2006 07:59 AM

yeah you really got me now...

alyasa 10.09.2006 09:25 AM

The more, the more...

blue sunlover 10.09.2006 09:27 AM

tahity 80 says hola hola and adios .

_slavo_ 10.09.2006 09:44 AM

my left leg is sore, cause I've been sitting on it for the past few hour

king_buzzo 10.09.2006 09:50 AM

i love anal sex

ni'k 10.09.2006 10:29 AM

irrelevance is relative to my relative aunt elevance

_slavo_ 10.09.2006 10:32 AM

Minister: lt's not particularly silly, is it? I mean, the right leg isn't silly at all and the left leg merely does a forward aerial half turn every alternate step.

Mr Pudey: Yes, but I think that with Government backing I could make it very silly.

Minister: (rising) Mr Pudey, (he walks about behind the desk in a very silly fashion) the very real problem is one of money. I'm afraid that the Ministry of Silly Walks is no longer getting the kind of support it needs. You see there's Defence, Social Security, Health, Housing, Education, Silly Walks ... they're all supposed to get the same. But last year, the Government spent less on the Ministry of Silly Walks than it did on National Defencel Now we get £348,000,000 a year, which is supposed to be spent on all our available products. (he sits down) Coffee?

ni'k 10.09.2006 10:37 AM

dinkle

Everyneurotic 10.09.2006 10:41 AM

why? i know you are going to do that for us anyway.

king_buzzo 10.09.2006 10:42 AM

i know!!!!!, i was bored in school

cryptowonderdruginvogue 10.09.2006 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic

why? i know you are going to do that for us anyway.

thats so irrelevant

alyasa 10.09.2006 12:10 PM

America! Fuck yeah!

Savage Clone 10.09.2006 12:14 PM

Irrelevant, perhaps not. Illogical, most definitely.

!@#$%! 10.09.2006 01:14 PM

i just shook hands with someone

i feel the urge to wash mine and that's what i'm going to do immediately

Hip Priest 10.09.2006 01:15 PM

In my part of the world, 'butterbump' is a traditional name for the bittern.

April 15th is traditionally the date when one waits in the field to hear the first cuckoo of Spring. The first call of the cuckoo was thought to be the perfect time to sow oat seeds.

It used to be customary to believe that the yellow wagtail turned into a sparrowhawk for the winter season.

Jico 10.09.2006 01:21 PM

Jico 10.09.2006 01:22 PM

http://www.portalpimba.blogspot.com/

alyasa 10.11.2006 12:32 AM

Google buys YouTube

SAN FRANCISCO: Web search leader Google Inc has agreed to buy top video entertainment site YouTube Inc for US$1.65bil in stock, the highest price yet paid for a consumer-generated media site.
The first deal to value one of the new generation of user-participation websites at more than US$1bil combines two of the most popular Internet brands: Google, synonymous with Web search and rapid innovation, and YouTube, a Silicon Valley upstart that has spearheaded the video-sharing craze.
YouTube, which grew in 19 months from a start-up in a garage to now serve up 100 million videos daily, has drawn scrutiny from major media companies for copyrighted television and music videos that users post without owner consent.
While YouTube said on Monday it had signed a spate of distribution agreements with major record labels, some analysts caution thath Google could still be inviting lawsuits with this acquisition.

A file picture shows Chad Hurley (left) and Steve Chen posing for photo at their office loft in San Mateo, California. --APpic

“YouTube is phenomenally valuable in terms of traffic and in the Internet sector this is important just like location is important in real estate,” Oppenheimer analyst Sasa Zorovic said of combining YouTube with Google's advertising machinery.
Analysts said the deal would thrust Google quickly into the emerging market for video advertising, where it had only a tiny foothold compared with Yahoo Inc and start-ups.
The all-stock deal, expected to close this quarter, was structured to make it tax-free for YouTube shareholders and cheaper for Google than paying cash, company officials said.
The move was a big departure for Google, Citigroup analyst Mark Mahaney noted, with the purchase price almost equal to the total value of what the company had spent on prior mergers. But the value of combining one of the world's largest user-generated sites with one of the world's largest advertising and computer networks “could be enormous”, Mahaney said.
YouTube's 29-year-old chief executive Chad Hurley told Reuters in an interview that what had sold him and co-founder Steve Chen, 27, on Google was their belief that its resources and engineering talent could help them realise their goal of delivering the most entertaining online video experience.
“Now we have the resources behind us at Google to help achieve our vision,” Hurley said, declining to say how much Google stock he and his partner would receive.
YouTube attracted 72 million visitors worldwide in August, according to Web audience measurement firm comScore Networks, up from 27 million users in April and 2.8 million a year ago. – Reuters