Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Smashing Pumpkins Reunion (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1145)

Washing Machine 04.21.2006 05:05 PM

Smashing Pumpkins Reunion

Well its official the Smashing Pumpkins are reuniting (we all knew this for a while, BC and Jimmy have been talking about it for awhile, but its now been posted on the official website that they are working on an album right now! www.smashingpumpkins.com !!!) Anyone hear like the Smashing Pumpkins?

PAULYBEE2656 04.21.2006 05:32 PM

good god, why, noooooo billy noooooo!!!!!!!!!

havent we got enough emo bands now!

Danny Himself 04.21.2006 05:35 PM

Hm. I wonder if it's all the original members, though? James Iha was the best out of all of them, I think. Happy Jappy chappie.

I'm pretty worried in regards to their musical direction though. I imagine Billy is still an egomaniac, and will have them all going down the neo-emo-metal road.

Everyneurotic 04.21.2006 05:39 PM

so it's still willy, chamberlain, the hottest replacement bassist in showbiz and some other dude?

they are blowing it yet again by recording an album. THEY SHOULD JUST GO ON TOUR AND PLAY THE CLASSICS

sleep33 04.21.2006 06:08 PM

no, the last thing i want them to do is just play the classics!!

Billy's recent album has been some one of my favorite outings by him and I wish he would just stay solo and make some more albums but since hes reuniting the Pumpkins, i have a feeling he will go for a softer whimsical style (maybe like Adore) as opposed to Machina (which I still enjoyed).

I

PunkerViolence 04.21.2006 07:12 PM

Yeah i like the pumpkins. Gd on em!

DoubleNickels 04.21.2006 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleep33
no, the last thing i want them to do is just play the classics!!

I

Agreed. I don't want this shit to turn into "The New Cars" or play like 2 songs from their new album and then have the rest of their set be the "classics".

RIPfrey05 04.21.2006 08:39 PM

shit

samuel 04.21.2006 08:41 PM

I almost bought Billy Corgan's solo thing today. I'm really looking forward to this reunion.

Everyneurotic 04.21.2006 10:38 PM

you guys are like the people who go to see journey to play their new album instead of anyway you want it

if i was going to get to see the smashing pumpkins a would rather hear them play i am one, jelly belly, quiet, even the everlasting gaze and try try try than some new filler from the pseudo "reunited" smashing pumpkins which consist of only two original members.

might as well call them the new zwan or something

sleep33 04.21.2006 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuel
I almost bought Billy Corgan's solo thing today. I'm really looking forward to this reunion.

you should have it because your missing out on some great arty electronic music. Its been getting crap reviews from Spin magazine and stuff because it has no mainstream appeal, but its great.

All Things Change is probably the coolest song hes ever put out....

to tell you the truth, TheFutureEmbrace is better than anything SY put out in the last 15 years....

terminal pharmacy 04.21.2006 11:17 PM

why would iha go back to play with pumpkins when APC are a shite load better, pumpkins haven't done anything really good since Siamese. Adore was ok and so was machina and the double album had about 1 albums worth of good tracks.

krastian 04.22.2006 12:20 AM

The Pumpkins were one of my favorite bands back in the day until they decided to stop rocking (post-Mellon Collie). The other ones are barely "ok" to me. I might go if the tix aren't insanely expensive. If Jimmy wasn't playing I would def. not go. Jimmy rules....fuck yeah.

Everyneurotic 04.22.2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleep33
...to tell you the truth, TheFutureEmbrace is better than anything SY put out in the last 15 years....

wow!!! comparing a band still doing challenging music with some new order rip off...excuse me, an orgy rip off by a grunge has been? nice!!!!

HaydenAsche 04.22.2006 12:49 AM

Haha. TheFutureEmbrace was shite.

Everyneurotic 04.22.2006 12:51 AM

billy corgan, these guys called...

...they said they want their album, future embrace, back

krastian 04.22.2006 12:57 AM

I'm telling you, it all went down hill when he shaved his head and started wearing that stupid Zero shirt around. Bring out the rock!

DoubleNickels 04.22.2006 01:21 AM

Jesus, it's all about distorted guitars with you? Heaven forfend that the rawk stop and they put down their guitars for favor of a new direction.

krastian 04.22.2006 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleNickels
Jesus, it's all about distorted guitars with you? Heaven forfend that the rawk stop and they put down their guitars for favor of a new direction.

Me? I like plenty more than stuff with distorted guitars:D. As a long time fan of them I just think that their "new direction" kind of sucked. I'm all for experimentation and trying new things.

fishmonkey 04.22.2006 06:16 AM

best of luck to em, not something i want to get into though