Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   RIP Kurt Cobain (has it really been 16 years?) (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39323)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.08.2010 05:15 PM

RIP Kurt Cobain (has it really been 16 years?)

Nefas Igziar Yimareh. (God Bless His Soul)

We miss you Kurt, we miss having less pretentious rock stars who do not take themselves so seriously.

Kurt, you are the most goof ball motherfucker ever to grace to top of the charts, its too bad they have made you the goth king :(

everybody watch some old Nirvana DVD/VHS tonight and smile at the antics and malicious humor..

Genteel Death 04.08.2010 05:18 PM

Why the rethorical question? It's been 16 years, yes. And you know it.

Rob Instigator 04.08.2010 05:19 PM

all the fucking losers that aped him and aped what they felt to be his "style" got it all wrong. Motherfucker had a hell of a sense of humor, dark and mean and hilarious. none of those copycat fuckos have a clue.

Pookie 04.08.2010 05:20 PM

Is there some significance to a 16 year death anniversary?

HAS it been 16 years? Has anybody checked?

Pookie 04.08.2010 05:21 PM

That'll be 18 years since I last saw them live.

Has it really been 18 years?*

*Yes

Rob Instigator 04.08.2010 05:23 PM

and stillll. . .

NO RECESS!!!!

Glice 04.08.2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie

*Yes

Has it really been five minutes since this post? Time now - 2326; time of post - 2321. Yes, yes it has. VERIFIED.

Edit: of course, the SYG clock is slightly different to my own; the time of this post according to the forum is 2327. INTERESTING.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.08.2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Motherfucker had a hell of a sense of humor, dark and mean and hilarious. none of those copycat fuckos have a clue.

exactly. Kurt Cobain was like an Iggy Pop version of Frank Zappa, I simply loved him.

Glice 04.08.2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
exactly. Kurt Cobain was like an Iggy Pop version of Frank Zappa, I simply loved him.

Seriously? You seriously want to use this beautiful language to put those words in that particular order? Proust is probably turning in his grave. Twice, thanks to that horrendous cliche I just used.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.08.2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Seriously? You seriously want to use this beautiful language to put those words in that particular order? Proust is probably turning in his grave. Twice, thanks to that horrendous cliche I just used.

yes I do, I'm sorry if you don't like it. why don't you take that antagonism to some hater thread and stop sabotaging a memorial, jesus at least have a bit of class and not crass.

Satan 04.08.2010 05:39 PM

goodnight, sweet prince

Genteel Death 04.08.2010 05:56 PM

To mark the occasion of this very special anniversary, today I sat on the window sill in my bedroom and stared at the world passing by. At one point Kurt's face appeared in the form of ghostly reflection on the window. ''Hi'' said he, to which I replied ''Hi Kurt, I'm grieving because this is the 16th year you've been dead''. Today being a very sunny day, and because of the particularly sombre mood brought by this, like I said, special occasion, I didn't immediatly notice the spectral, Kurt-like visage on the mirror turning into an exasperated, fading contraction that, I swear, muttered: '' Oh for fuck's sake, not another thread about my-very-dead-self on THAT forum!!''.

knox 04.08.2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie

*Yes

the significance is:
i am getting old.

and soon enough i will be one of those cunts
good old days, no good music since

davenotdead 04.08.2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
'' Oh for fuck's sake, not another thread about my-very-dead-self on THAT forum!!''.

yes. let the dude be dead in peace. listen to ariel pink instead

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.08.2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
yes. let the dude be dead in peace. listen to ariel pink instead

hence "RIP"

this was not a trendy Cobain thread, it is a commemorative thread, and it is very apt date for such a commemoration, I'm sorry if all you guys are so damned jaded about it. You could have simply chose to ignore this thread like the countless others. I hope that 16 years after you die a bunch of assholes DON'T antagonize YR memorial threads on SYG, after all it is as I said to Glice, in poor taste and having no class, you crass bastards. Have a bit more raspect for the dead :(

atsonicpark 04.08.2010 06:36 PM

spank tru >

davenotdead 04.08.2010 07:20 PM

i just don't see the point of death anniversaries

pbradley 04.08.2010 07:28 PM

Yeah, I saw another think about Cobain's anniversary elsewhere.

So I listened to the Wipers.

jon boy 04.08.2010 07:50 PM

has it been that long since i did a number two? it has and here i go.

SONIC GAIL 04.12.2010 08:38 AM

I can remember that day when I heard the news. I was in pottery class and my friend told me. I cried. There will never be another Kurdt. No one can fill those shoes. I pray that his soul is at peace now.