Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   For old times sake. (drunken tub photos not included). (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=42203)

ni'k 11.11.2010 09:45 PM

none of those bands are good.

there is nothing racially superior or special about you and your culture.

to get drunk and post these rants makes you look like a guilty liberal.

the very same type who thought their shitty music mattered for shit and started their careers in your town. to get money for booze to make themselves feel better. they all failed. you are left tragicomicaly attached the the obsolete artifacts like a frail alzhiemic widow, wanting, desperately, for SOME of those stupid fantasies you had about yourself using that music to come true.

they will not, you're a sad drunk, and you hate yourself already much more than anything my words could ever induce in you.

ladies and gentlemen america 2010.

knox 11.11.2010 09:46 PM

nik, he's not a liberal. is he/she/it? no.

Genteel Death 11.11.2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
he needs to feel superior, and use music to do so. he needs to feel culturally superior, racially superior if you want to get down to it. he needs there to be something special about his music so so badly. so so badly. something the rest of the world, the people who don't know - something that makes him better than them, gives him something that is more important than them.

it doesn't work. he gets no actual satisfaction. he can't silence the whining child bitch inside that he's only feeding with this petulant irrationality.

that's why i offer the punch in the face.

but do i get any thanks for it?

Annie needs a little hug, a glass of Jackie and a Muddy Waters record to sing along to. Just like you and me. Annie wants to fit in, but the blues voices in her head won't let her sleep. Annie can't remember the words to that BB King tune, so she cries for help on the internet. Oh Annie Oh Annie Oh Annie. What have you done?

ni'k 11.11.2010 09:48 PM

sway. not even you think knox said that. unless you are so drunk you are just making up things and pretending to yourself you aren't in denial about making shit up.

i would stop. but some trainwrecks are just too awful not to watch burn.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
when? when i said black people made a shitload of great music?
i was kind of saying that YOU are not black and YOU did not invent the blues.
idk why i have to say it.

Kind of? I must admit, that was "kind of" what you were getting at....

I never, not one time, stated I had any hand in inventing the blues. Just that I appreciate it.

But, just so you know, by the time blues was invented most black Americans (not people from elsewhere, as you DID, DID, DID state...) were more interested in being free in the country in which they were born as opposed to being sent back to a place they knew next to nothing about (nor knew anyone from, sans MAYBE some older people approaching their death beds, and that's a major doubt. I've got a hunch that the majority of slaves that even successfully managed to live into old age were working with the younger ones.....).

ni'k 11.11.2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

nik, he's not a liberal. is he/she/it? no.

if he has to try and convince us he laughs at dying kurds he sounds pretty guilty to me.

deep down in his bleeding heart he knows blues music can't save all the little children in africa.

and it tears him up inside.

that's why he became an artist.

it's called RAGE.

and despite of it all.

he is still just a LOLOLOLOL

knox 11.11.2010 09:50 PM

no, it wasn't.
i wasn't getting at anything
except at the fact that you're an idiot
which is not even necessary

now will you excuse us

edit - at sway

ni'k 11.11.2010 09:51 PM

sway.

you can't take the kurds or anyone from the middle east as slaves and then revitalise your dying country with the soul of their slave blues.

al qaeda won't let you.

those days are over. i'm sorry it had to end this way.

in a few years time things will get so bad that a black man will come steal your truck. you can convince him you feel his pain by discussing muddy waters, man. he'll want to be your friend and buy you whiskey. he'll think you got so much soul. you'll play blues together and make it rich. everyone will love you for your shitty personality, you won't ever have to take this kind of crap from a message board again.

and we'll all still be here. we will never be famous. but you'll just smirk, cos you knew all along, we never believed in the blues like you did. we never believed in the power of sway.

knox 11.11.2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

if he has to try and convince us he laughs at dying kurds he sounds pretty guilty to me.

did that really happen?
but he has been to canada.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

sway. not even you think knox said that. unless you are so drunk you are just making up things and pretending to yourself you aren't in denial about making shit up.

i would stop. but some trainwrecks are just too awful not to watch burn.

But she did say that...If one was to take what she said seriously, it can only be interpreted in the way in which I have presented. They were not of us.

Of course, there was a major difference in the way in which they were treated, but they were very much so Americans.

Blacks do make up a significant amount of our population, not to mention that their artistic influence has been (while no doubt the bigger part of the influence...) just as valid as the Chinese, Europeans, blah, blah, blah anyone else that migrated here.

We are referred to as a "melting pot" for good reason. Surely, African Americans had a hand in that? Unless, like Knox, you feel as if they truly were not Americans??????

She was trying to be a smart ass and offer up something as a means of degrading everything I'd previously said "even though you never said you invented something, and only were stating an interest in the history of blues, I'm going to be a dumb bitch and ignorantly state that 'you didn't invent anything, they did;"

Like really, where the hell did that even come from?

knox 11.11.2010 09:58 PM

Oh boy.
Let me rephrase myself, they were not YOU.
YOU have nothing to do with it, therefore, nothing to be proud of.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Oh boy.
Let me rephrase myself, they were not YOU.
YOU have nothing to do with it, therefore, nothing to be proud of.

I never said, not once, that they were me....

Just an interest in the historical aspects. And if we are going to get racial, again, I remind you that whites eventually played a major hand in pushing the blues forward (not only the musicians, but also, like me...the fans).

ni'k 11.11.2010 10:01 PM

lol.

there is no way you are going to convince anyone that knox said what you said she did.

there is no way that you yourself right now don't feel like the drunken troll failure you are.

there is no way continuing to post wouldn't produce another 5 pages of your own humiliation.

knox 11.11.2010 10:02 PM

I didn't even read most of your posts, I can't do that to myself.
I'm following the plot by reading posts that won't make me cringe.

Like, I don't claim to have enslaved and killed people. Those were my ancestors.

I mean, I'm also drunk but.
do you see what I mean about humans nik?

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

lol.

there is no way you are going to convince anyone that knox said what you said she did.

there is no way that you yourself right now don't feel like the drunken troll failure you are.

there is no way continuing to post wouldn't produce another 5 pages of your own humiliation.

I don't expect to...but likewise, I think anyone that gives what she says a grain of salt is a moron that has nothing valid to offer to this thread.

Again, PLEASE< show me where I said I invented the blues? If you can successfully do this, I'll leave forever. Promise.

ni'k 11.11.2010 10:04 PM

he wants to troll you by pretending you said something racist. he wants to salvage some last shred of a mistaken hallucination of what dignity is by pretending you are actually a racist whereas he is not because he thinks black people are americans before africans.

he's failing. etc.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

I didn't even read most of your posts, I can't do that to myself.
I'm following the plot by reading posts that won't make me cringe.

Like, I don't claim to have enslaved and killed people. Those were my ancestors.

I mean, I'm also drunk but.
do you see what I mean about humans nik?

Sorry, but I fall under that school of thought that only idiots respond to things they haven't read/researched/whatever.

Maybe this explains yr stupid-as-fuck "blacks need to go back to africa" response?

knox 11.11.2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ann ashtray
I don't expect to...but likewise, I think anyone that gives what she says a grain of salt is a moron that has nothing valid to offer to this thread.

Again, PLEASE< show me where I said I invented the blues? If you can successfully do this, I'll leave forever. Promise.

what do i think of someone sway thinks is a moron? i can't even think about that.

keep poppin pimples 11.11.2010 10:07 PM

sway i know you mean well don't worry so much

i think you should go meet some blues musicians, they don't feel to over-intellectualise everything, they don't operate under the pretense that the world couldn't exist without them

the blues is a musical tradition that many newer artists borrow from, that has an interesting history. people like it. life is full of hardships and some people get joy out of blues that enriches their life. it can be fun to listen to or play with yr friends, it makes a good night out. there's lot's of awesome things about the blues. there's not point waging a pathetic war against non-blues or making outrageous claims,or using blues as a weapon to prove that knox hates black people. it has enough going for it already to not need this bullshit.

i think you should play, you should support the artists you like, share yr love of the blues with people you talk with(in a less pretentious manner). if you hear a good performance feel free to walk up to a talented bluesman and let them know that what they do means something to you.

there are so many ways to celebrate blues music and use it to enrich yr life.......

.......but you chose to make this thread

that's just the wrong way to go about blues appreciation

knox 11.11.2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Sorry, but I fall under that school of thought that only idiots respond to things they haven't read/researched/whatever.

Maybe this explains yr stupid-as-fuck "blacks need to go back to africa" response?

I'll grab another beer.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 10:09 PM

African Americans ARE Americans before Africans. If you, Ni'k, have a vaild argument against that, please offer it.

Here's mine....

I'm born around mostly black people in Ethiopia. So are my kids. So are my grand kids, so are my great grand kids, I'm dead, my great-great- grandkids are born...are they more American than they are Ethiopian?

Gimmie a fucking break, please. BLACK AMERICANS INVENTED THE BLUES....why can't it be that simple, unless you feel like they were not Americans.

knox 11.11.2010 10:10 PM

suchfriends?

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
sway i know you mean well don't worry so much

i think you should go meet some blues musicians, they don't feel to over-intellectualise everything, they don't operate under the pretense that the world couldn't exist without them

the blues is a musical tradition that many newer artists borrow from, that has an interesting history. people like it. life is full of hardships and some people get joy out of blues that enriches their life. it can be fun to listen to or play with yr friends, it makes a good night out. there's lot's of awesome things about the blues. there's not point waging a pathetic war against non-blues or making outrageous claims,or using blues as a weapon to prove that knox hates black people. it has enough going for it already to not need this bullshit.

i think you should play, you should support the artists you like, share yr love of the blues with people you talk with(in a less pretentious manner). if you hear a good performance feel free to walk up to a talented bluesman and let them know that what they do means something to you.

there are so many ways to celebrate blues music and use it to enrich yr life.......

.......but you chose to make this thread

that's just the wrong way to go about blues appreciation

That's all my original post did. You (and the like) chose to make it what it has become. Surely, I can only retaliate.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

suchfriends?

He considers african americans to be americans, don't worry.

(He's white by the way....+ also largely influenced by black music, including, but not limited to, the blues).

we've discussed it before.

:)

knox 11.11.2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

BLACK AMERICANS INVENTED THE BLUES....

isnt that what i said?

knox 11.11.2010 10:12 PM

oh well as far is i know everyone born in that territory is an american citizen. how does that relate to anything you've been saying? idk

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

isnt that what i said?

No, you said "they", not "you"...as if I said I invented it.

Also, as if they were something else other than americans.

Don't try and dig yrself out of this one.

knox 11.11.2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

No, you said "they", not "you"...as if I said I invented it.

Also, as if they were something else other than americans.

Don't try and dig yrself out of this one.

lol.
I just said YOU have no reason to be proud.

"don't dig yourself out of this one"

tell us about kurds in quotes please.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

lol.
I just said YOU have no reason to be proud.

"don't dig yourself out of this one"

tell us about kurds in quotes please.

Why not....? Blues based rock STILL happened here before anywhere else.

I'm not "proud" (+ never said I was)...but even IF I was, what's the big deal? Surely, those in Manchester have every right to take some pride in the fact that the Smiths/the Fall, Joy Division came from the same place.

Really, not a big deal.

keep poppin pimples 11.11.2010 10:18 PM

sway,you're talking crazy man

i'm sure knox has had negative intentions towards people at some

but take my word here

i guarantee you she is not planning to forcibly repatriate black people back to africa in an attempt to prove you didn't invent the blues, that just is not reality

knox 11.11.2010 10:18 PM

pride by proxy.

knox 11.11.2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

i'm sure knox has had negative intentions towards people at some

not you. whoever (s) you are.

ni'k 11.11.2010 10:20 PM

sway, i don't care if you leave forever. if you stay i can just skip over your posts like i always do. if i happen to read one and i have nothing better to do i can just sit back, write up a few corgans and watch you implode as the whiskey soaks through your brain.

either way, you stay, you leave, you're still a fucking joke. not just to people here. but to yourself.

i have offered you that punch in the face over and over again. noone else here has gone that far. noone else even cares about you enough to suggest doing you that kind of a favour. i'm going to suggest someone else do it, so it doesn't sound like i am making a tough guy threat. as you are about to make a post like this, every few weeks or so, they would creep up behind you, pour a glass of cold water over your head then punch you in the face. then they'd scream "the reason your life is shit is because you fail to face up to the fact that your own actions make it shit. it's noone elses fault but your own." do you know why people hate you in real life and you have to come here and post this shit to feel like an asshole but without the consequences? it's your fault. not anyone elses. the blues can't fix this.

it's the only method i can think of that could have fixed me, when i was 16 and still might have acted like this. maybe if that had have happened to me i wouldn't have woken up hungover and ended up feeling so bad i'd have to go do it all over again like you've done over and over on this board.

you can't confuse your wounded still apparently adolescent ego with musical knowledge. you sound like a fool. when you tried to say knox sounded like joy division - that reference doesn't even work.

sway, you know what level you have sunk to? pretending knox said something she did not say, even though you know noone can even be convinced you could believably have inferred that meaning. that's the behaviour of a 5 year old. but even a 5 year old knows that whiskey isn't good for the mind. like when has another poster on this board resorted to just MAKING SHIT UP in such a childish way? do you think anyone who is reading might not check back to page 4 and look at what she really said?

even your own mother would laugh in your face at this shit. she would be embarrassed for you.

this can't go on for much longer, eventually the booze is all gone.

for the love of god slap yourself around the face and don't end up back here in another few weeks doing it all over again.

keep poppin pimples 11.11.2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

not you. whoever (s) you are.

you negrepped me previously when i called you a racist

it seems weird mentioning this mere minutes after assuring sway you aren't racist

knox 11.11.2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

when you tried to say knox sounded like joy division - that reference doesn't even work.

what do you mean i dont?
its the non-existent bass.

knox 11.11.2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

you negrepped me previously when i called you a racist

it seems weird mentioning this mere minutes after assuring sway you aren't racist

oh hi.
calling ME a racist - that's racist.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 10:27 PM

I am a joke, and I will be leaving for a while.
:)

happy?

knox 11.11.2010 10:28 PM

aw.

ni'k 11.11.2010 10:35 PM

if you never returned, died in a car crash, left me money and the pics of said crash were posted on the board i would still not be anything above mildly disgusted.

keep poppin pimples 11.11.2010 10:36 PM

you don't need to leave.

pay tribute to the blues in a non-insane manner instead.

did you ever really enjoy any blues performances.

when i saw johnny winter he looked so old and unhealthy i thought he might die, but he shredded like a motherfucker.

at one point he started coughing and had trouble breathing, i thought he was going to die, i was kind of worried about him but i have to admit i selfishly thought "people are going to be reading about him dying on stage for years,and i was there man"

but he didn't die, he continued coughing and choking for a long time but was shredding like crazy all the while! what a guy

i like the blues too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjcOSmmTTiE