Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   For old times sake. (drunken tub photos not included). (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=42203)

ni'k 11.11.2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ann ashtray again.

swa(y) was totally annoying. But he died and was reborn a self-aware phoenix.

post of the year.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Well much of what it's deemed culturally remarkable in the history of the US is related in one way or another to the Europeans. Like it or not.

Indirectly related, sure...but we are speaking of pop culture. We can twist this around if ya choose, and to that I simply offer "those there that move here vs. those here that move there".

Sorry, man. Try again....

keep poppin pimples 11.11.2010 08:29 PM

can you please shut the fuck up about opera? it's weird to have mentioned it so many times and in radically different arguments than i presented it.

you made the outrageously moronic claim that blues is the first genre where lyrics where important, i easily proved that to be retarded by providing an example(far from the only possible one) of a musical form considerably older than the blues where lyrics were important, that's where that ends, you sound ridiculous putting my example for ONE OF MANY THINGS YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT into many different arguments and still failing to make a point that isn't incorrect

nobody said it doesn't matter

the problem isn't whether or not it matters, it's that yr reasons for it mattering are laughable

you start by saying blues matters because it wasn't for a mass audience (for the first 2 hours it existed before they started recording it to sell as a commidity)

then you say blues matters because elvis likes it and is popular, hilarious. you value the idea that people make music for themselves, but think nothing is important unless it's the best selling title ever. of course pavarotti was wildly popular more recently then elvis, so despite the fact that you're pretending i only care about opera, and despite arguing that it sucks because it's for a mass audience/doesn't sell the most copies you're still ridiculous. you can change yr opinion from one extreme to the other dozens of times without even being almost right SKILLZ YO

blues was originally played only for the next door neighbour huh, well that guy was a human being so blues was a fucking sellout from the start, the kurds would play their flutes with only animals around while grazing their sheep. that's real underground, i'm going to start hating blues now because blues artists sell out by playing for people,and also because they don't sell as many copies as justin bieber

what you need to realise is that you are insulting the blues by needing to make things up to compliment it, it makes it seem like there isn't non-ridiculous reasons to enjoy it or respect it's legacy, if you like it so much stop hatin'

ni'k 11.11.2010 08:33 PM

keep poppin pimples 11.11.2010 08:33 PM

you know maybe sway is right

i mean all of the millions of people who were around before blues existed are now DEAD

this proves that you can't be alive if there are no blues

Genteel Death 11.11.2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Indirectly related, sure...but we are speaking of pop culture. We can twist this around if ya choose, and to that I simply offer "those there that move here vs. those here that move there".

Sorry, man. Try again....

Nah, you try again. What about getting on a plane and visiting plenty of places on earth where pop culture hasn't got the same sort of resonance that it has in the States? I can guarantee you that the vast majority of human beings don't give a fuck about Jimi Hendrix or his importance for American culture. 100% sure.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
can you please shut the fuck up about opera? it's weird to have mentioned it so many times and in radically different arguments than i presented it.

you made the outrageously moronic claim that blues is the first genre where lyrics where important, i easily proved that to be retarded by providing an example(far from the only possible one) of a musical form considerably older than the blues where lyrics were important, that's where that ends, you sound ridiculous putting my example for ONE OF MANY THINGS YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT into many different arguments and still failing to make a point that isn't incorrect

nobody said it doesn't matter

the problem isn't whether or not it matters, it's that yr reasons for it mattering are laughable

you start by saying blues matters because it wasn't for a mass audience (for the first 2 hours it existed before they started recording it to sell as a commidity)

then you say blues matters because elvis likes it and is popular, hilarious. you value the idea that people make music for themselves, but think nothing is important unless it's the best selling title ever. of course pavarotti was wildly popular more recently then elvis, so despite the fact that you're pretending i only care about opera, and despite arguing that it sucks because it's for a mass audience/doesn't sell the most copies you're still ridiculous. you can change yr opinion from one extreme to the other dozens of times without even being almost right SKILLZ YO

blues was originally played only for the next door neighbour huh, well that guy was a human being so blues was a fucking sellout from the start, the kurds would play their flutes with only animals around while grazing their sheep. that's real underground, i'm going to start hating blues now because blues artists sell out by playing for people,and also because they don't sell as many copies as justin bieber

what you need to realise is that you are insulting the blues by needing to make things up to compliment it, it makes it seem like there isn't non-ridiculous reasons to enjoy it or respect it's legacy, if you like it so much stop hatin'

Easily, no! I've never staed it was the absolute first time words were ever taken seriously, but merely the first time (as far as I can tell) that ANYONE could identify with. It wasn't aimed at a specific class of people, which wasn't the case with opera. W/ blues, ANYONE could participate and be taken at least remotely seriously. Opera, no way. You mentioned it first, I'll remention it as much as necessary.

I'm saying this...trends change, sure, but theres a better likely hood more will be aware of Elvis, say 50 years from now, than Pavarotti, Last I checked people weren't traveling far and wide to visit Paverotti's house.

The "kurds" did play for there sheep? Or really, were they playing for themselves? I have a strong hunch that most African Americans that picked up guitar (an instrument not taken TOOOO seriously, initially, by European Americans) were really playing for themselves. A cheap way of expressing one's self turned an easy way to entertain the neighborhood.

And I assure you, blues, as an approach to guitar, has outsold Justin Bieber. Where will he be in 40 years? Where is Jimi now???? Again, no debate.

ni'k 11.11.2010 08:45 PM

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

you know maybe sway is right

i mean all of the millions of people who were around before blues existed are now DEAD

this proves that you can't be alive if there are no blues

All of the original blues artists are dead....however, the art form has yet to lose any level of popularity. Certainly, it's mutated and taken on different forms, but it's still there, and widely accessible.

Music that came before, not quite as much.

Explore the pentatonic scale...you can play everything with it from traditional african music, to blues, to rock and roll (and in most cases all variations of the aforementioned). Other than being "music", this can not be said about the "kurds" and their flutes.

All I'm getting at is that there is a valid, not to mention, interesting, history...but only those that take time to explore it. I'm NOT saying that music that came before blues is not important, surely it is...

But in terms of genre, no blues...no rock, no various forms of folk, no country (for damned sure, even if there is a not-so-obvious celtic influence, no punk....and say what you will, but none of this "noise-rock" shit....Jimi was the FIRST artist to be accepted as one who UTILIZED guitar feedback...before hand, it was considered undesirable by virtually all "accessible" artists.....).

We can argue that everything came from gregorian chat...but what I'm saying is, not too much of that is heard in today's music.

floatingslowly 11.11.2010 08:51 PM

I'm bracing myself in advance for the thread after swa(y) "discovers" the Grateful Dead.

aí aí aí.

knox 11.11.2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

This is why I don't post here as often as I used to, some idiot homosexuals (I changed the word as to not offend) spreading drama (perhaps the only thing they are good at).

I win this time? I get anyone riled up? Is that the point?

if you didn't want to offend, you'd just say "idiot"?????

(or did you somehow want to differentiate yourself.)

knox 11.11.2010 09:00 PM

actually i'm not even sure

so

nevermind.

keep going...

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
if you didn't want to offend, you'd just say "idiot"?????

(or did you somehow want to differentiate yourself.)

I only said what I said because I have psychic/medium abilities. I was informed by the recently-departed that you'd make some half-assed attempt at challenging me. They also said they support guns.

Now, let's go record some controversial/dark/Joy Division rip offs together. The dead (not of the greatful variety) will guide us. Let's seek the advice of Ian Curtis and Stiv Bators.

Genteel Death 11.11.2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

All of the original blues artists are dead....however, the art form has yet to lose any level of popularity. Certainly, it's mutated and taken on different forms, but it's still there, and widely accessible.

Music that came before, not quite as much.

Explore the pentatonic scale...you can play everything with it from traditional african music, to blues, to rock and roll (and in most cases all variations of the aforementioned). Other than being "music", this can not be said about the "kurds" and their flutes.

All I'm getting at is that there is a valid, not to mention, interesting, history...but only those that take time to explore it. I'm NOT saying that music that came before blues is not important, surely it is...

But in terms of genre, no blues...no rock, no various forms of folk, no country (for damned sure, even if there is a not-so-obvious celtic influence, no punk....and say what you will, but none of this "noise-rock" shit....Jimi was the FIRST artist to be accepted as one who UTILIZED guitar feedback...before hand, it was considered undesirable by virtually all "accessible" artists.....).

We can argue that everything came from gregorian chat...but what I'm saying is, not too much of that is heard in today's music.

The majority of people into music I met so far think that the blues is a bunch of boring, simple wank and don't care for it, therefore you're only talking about your perception of what vastly influential means, or it's stuff you've read on the internet while you showered with a bottle of jack daniels.
More pics of Billy Corgan please.

knox 11.11.2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Without the US:

No Beatles
No Stones
No Acid Mothers Temple
No Who
No Screamin' Lord Such
No led Zep
No Pistols
,,,the list is endless.

I think you mean without black people. Not "US" don't say us, you didn't do it.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
The majority of people into music I met so far think that the blues is a bunch of boring, simple wank and don't care for it, therefore you're only talking about your perception of what vastly influential means, or it's stuff you read on the internet while you showered with a bottle of jack daniels.
More pics of Billy Corgan please.

How many of them dig any of the following?:

Nirvana
Stooges
Jimi
Acid Mother's Temple
Sonic Youth (Steven and Lee neither fall short of any blues influence)
etc.

If none of the above, and none have taste for anything even remotely rock oriented, then I will take your response seriously.

I do give you credit for at least trying...

ni'k 11.11.2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sway
Easily, no! I've never staed it was the absolute first time words were ever taken seriously, but merely the first time (as far as I can tell) that ANYONE could identify with. It wasn't aimed at a specific class of people, which wasn't the case with opera. W/ blues, ANYONE could participate and be taken at least remotely seriously. Opera, no way. You mentioned it first, I'll remention it as much as necessary.

I'm saying this...trends change, sure, but theres a better likely hood more will be aware of Elvis, say 50 years from now, than Pavarotti, Last I checked people weren't traveling far and wide to visit Paverotti's house.

The "kurds" did play for there sheep? Or really, were they playing for themselves? I have a strong hunch that most African Americans that picked up guitar (an instrument not taken TOOOO seriously, initially, by European Americans) were really playing for themselves. A cheap way of expressing one's self turned an easy way to entertain the neighborhood.

And I assure you, blues, as an approach to guitar, has outsold Justin Bieber. Where will he be in 40 years? Where is Jimi now???? Again, no debate.

no you fucking retard.

the guitar was invented in spain. no. not anyone could participate. you fucking retard. no. it is always performed by a specific class of people. there is not some sort of mystical populism attached to the blues. nothing worth writing half a sentence of the bullshit you've been spewing for over 3 pages now.

blues is not some representation of post modern capitalism that transcends class for a pure universal individuality that you can somehow imbibe thru your painfully embarrassing message boards posts that you use in an attempt to approximate that gaping void of misery you're confusing a personality with. "BECUZ ITS LIEK, THEY'RE DOIN IT FOR THEMSALVES MAN!" what the fuck are you talking about. it's music. are you trying to tell us there was something so magical about the conditions it was made in that, like, causes it to transcend everything else and go beyond the mere status of music? are you a fucking idiot. so because of the inward selfish individualistic nature of blues performances, like how, i dunno, they were performing for money, blues (and by extension nirvana, stooges ((and your personality))) is a superior music. or just like, SO SPECIAL OR SOMETHING! and is there something ineffably special about it that is gonna solve all the problems in your shitty life? is it going to grant you the magical powers of making coherent arguments that have any relevancy to anything or are remotely worth reading? NAH MAN, I JSUT DONT GET IT, it has something SPECIALthat you FEEL, MAN, pffft, U WUDNT UNDARSTAND SQUARE, U DONT KNOW JIMI LIEK I KNOW JIMI, MAN. IM BETTER THAN EVERY1 ELSE AND MAEK SENSE ON MESSAGE BOARDS.

do you need this as some sort of ego support crutch to come on here and splutter out this self involved teenage diary bullshit to somehow wrap yourself up in the mystical properties of this music. is any of this doing anything for you at all? what the fuck are you talking about? THE KURDS MAN! IT'S JUST MUSIC! THE KURDS ARE JUST MUSIC MAN! BUT I'M SPECIAL!

i mean i know you rely on this because you're a fucking moron. i know asking what the fuck are you talking about is just rhetorical at this point. but still. what the fuck are you talking about?

the only thing more excruciating than reading your posts is not being there to punch you in the fucking face for regurgitating this bilge from the rancid depths of your whiskey fried southern unconscious. and i say that out of concern, not malice.

and now you're backed into a corner, the point you lacked in the first place reduced to a mere pretense for trying to lash out and insult everybody who isn't validating this utter tripe you concocted off the top of your head because you lack the ability to shut the fuck up and let go of a romantic attachment to nirvana you developed as an overly hormonal teenager. you know the music you are talking about is just music. you know its simplistic, obsolete, you know you are in your fucking 20's, you know how sad and regressive you are. you know there never was anything special or superior about this music, and you can't get over how stupidly and blindly you believed it would fix your personality and turn you into a celebrity. so all you can do is hold onto that snidey self assured feeling you need to feel when like, everyone just doesn't GET you, man.

congratulations. congratulations you fucking moron.

Genteel Death 11.11.2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

How many of them dig any of the following?:

Nirvana
Stooges
Jimi
Acid Mother's Temple
Sonic Youth (Steven and Lee neither fall short of any blues influence)
etc.

If none of the above, and none have taste for anything even remotely rock oriented, then I will take your response seriously.

I do give you credit for at least trying...

Some of them, but not with the same delusional attitude that you're showing on this thread, and certainly none of those names remotely constitute the core of their record collections.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

I think you mean without black people. Not "US" don't say us, you didn't do it.

African Americans...I like to think they think of themselves, at least on some level, of being "US"...unless of course you are one of those that feel as if they need to "go back to Africa"..

Don't be a racist.

I mean, blues may have been a bit informed by traditional African music...but it didn't come from there. It came from here, and (yes, VERY sad but true) they (the originals) were not buying their instruments, nor did they (in the begining) have any hand in recording it. It was white people that ackowledged the beauty in what they were doing, and it was white people who learned to play/do something different with it.

"There was the blues, and then the blues had a baby called rock and roll"...To loosely quote Muddy Waters.

Try again.

And sadly enough, if popular trends keep going the way in which they have, in less than 20 years whites will have been playing blues longer than black people. The fucked up things whites did, surely, had a hand in what became the blues. But also, the beautiful things in which whites did...are why we have recordings of Robert Johnson, Leroy Carr (countless others...), and also is why someone as far away as RObert Plant said "Robert Johnson is a part of what I am".

knox 11.11.2010 09:16 PM

hi nik,

knox 11.11.2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

African Americans...I like to think they think of themselves, at least on some level, of being "US"...unless of course you are one of those that feel as if they need to "go back to Africa"..

ok love.
african americans are you.
you invented the blues.
i don't care.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
no you fucking retard.

the guitar was invented in spain. no. not anyone could participate. you fucking retard. no. it is always performed by a specific class of people. there is not some sort of mystical populism attached to the blues. nothing worth writing half a sentence of the bullshit you've been spewing for over 3 pages now.

blues is not some representation of post modern capitalism that transcends class for a pure universal individuality that you can somehow imbibe thru your painfully embarrassing message boards posts that you use in an attempt to approximate that gaping void of misery you're confusing a personality with. "BECUZ ITS LIEK, THEY'RE DOIN IT FOR THEMSALVES MAN!" what the fuck are you talking about. it's music. are you trying to tell us there was something so magical about the conditions it was made in that, like, causes it to transcend everything else and go beyond the mere status of music? are you a fucking idiot. so because of the inward selfish individualistic nature of blues performances, like how, i dunno, they were performing for money, blues (and by extension nirvana, stooges ((and your personality))) is a superior music. or just like, SO SPECIAL OR SOMETHING! and is there something ineffably special about it that is gonna solve all the problems in your shitty life? is it going to grant you the magical powers of making coherent arguments that have any relevancy to anything or are remotely worth reading? NAH MAN, I JSUT DONT GET IT, it has something SPECIALthat you FEEL, MAN, pffft, U WUDNT UNDARSTAND SQUARE, U DONT KNOW JIMI LIEK I KNOW JIMI, MAN. IM BETTER THAN EVERY1 ELSE AND MAEK SENSE ON MESSAGE BOARDS.

do you need this as some sort of ego support crutch to come on here and splutter out this self involved teenage diary bullshit to somehow wrap yourself up in the mystical properties of this music. is any of this doing anything for you at all? what the fuck are you talking about? THE KURDS MAN! IT'S JUST MUSIC! THE KURDS ARE JUST MUSIC MAN! BUT I'M SPECIAL!

i mean i know you rely on this because you're a fucking moron. i know asking what the fuck are you talking about is just rhetorical at this point. but still. what the fuck are you talking about?

the only thing more excruciating than reading your posts is not being there to punch you in the fucking face for regurgitating this bilge from the rancid depths of your whiskey fried southern unconscious. and i say that out of concern, not malice.

and now you're backed into a corner, the point you lacked in the first place reduced to a mere pretense for trying to lash out and insult everybody who isn't validating this utter tripe you concocted off the top of your head because you lack the ability to shut the fuck up and let go of a romantic attachment to nirvana you developed as an overly hormonal teenager. you know the music you are talking about is just music. you know its simplistic, obsolete, you know you are in your fucking 20's, you know how sad and regressive you are. you know there never was anything special or superior about this music, and you can't get over how stupidly and blindly you believed it would fix your personality and turn you into a celebrity. so all you can do is hold onto that snidey self assured feeling you need to feel when like, everyone just doesn't GET you, man.

congratulations. congratulations you fucking moron.

The guitar may have been invented in Spain, sure...but the first stringed instruments were very much so from Africa...."idiot".

THE BANJO!

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 09:18 PM

I love how within an hour or so....this thread has spread four pages long. Esp. in part to those that pretended to show little interest in the beginning. Really, thanks guys.

:)

keep poppin pimples 11.11.2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

look man, you're just not right about anything. i'm so sorry to almost take you seriously.

i've provided you with a factual example of a man who performs a centuries old style selling millions of copies very recently. apparently that's not important and doesn't prove peoples lasting interest in non-blues based music.

but the fact that elvis will be known in 50 years is different and matters

you are putting huge amounts of importance in the longevity of blues and no importance in the longevity of things older, and that's some dumb shit.

you haven't said anything about the blues that doesn't apply to many,many kinds of music.

i'm going to be completely serious now though.

you have put "kurds" in quotes

you haven't done that when writing words like african or european

so what the fuck is wrong with you, why do feel some groups need to written about in a patronising way that makes them seem less legitimate or substantial than real people like african americans and european americans

you should be fucking ashamed of yrself and should apologise, it looks to me like you think people need to be from the united states to matter.

you think that thousands of years of others peoples music are instantly eclipsed by america

you think it's "indirect" european influence that you're using a european language and alphabet right now, it's "indirect" that they founded yr country and that you where borne from their sperm

"approaches to guitar" made by americans are of paramount importance to the universe, inventing the guitar, or one of the long line of similar instruments that preceded it,that means nothing

and lowest of the low you talk like "kurds" aren't real human beings because they don't exist in large numbers in yr country

you need to take a look inside yrself and figure out what it is that makes you think being from macon,ga automatically makes you so much greater than everybody else

i would also appreciate it if somebody would tell me whether you're supposed to use "where" or "were" for past tense because i'm just not sure anymore

seriously sway, no amount of "pavorotti sucks lol acid mother's temple 4eva" is going to change the fact that you are completely capable of respecting other people and what they've given to the world, and choose not to do it.

are you a mormon? did they teach you that the garden of eden was in utah and that the rest of the world was later populated by people jesus kicked out of the united states for not being able to express themselves in an honest way?

if you answered yes to this question i understand.

if you don't believe that non-americans were/where born elsewhere because an omnipotent being is disgusted by their lack of rock star potential.....then well you need to spend 5 minutes a day thinking about things in a non-arrogant way so you can be less of a dick.

it's hard, but you can reward yrself afterwards with this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyR6t2AzmSY

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

look man, you're just not right about anything. i'm so sorry to almost take you seriously.

i've provided you with a factual example of a man who performs a centuries old style selling millions of copies very recently. apparently that's not important and doesn't prove peoples lasting interest in non-blues based music.

you are putting huge amounts of importance in the longevity of blues and no importance in the longevity of things older, and that's some dumb shit.

you haven't said anything about the blues that doesn't apply to many,many kinds of music.

so what the fuck is wrong with you, why do feel some groups need to written about in a patronising way that makes them seem less legitimate or substantial than real people like african americans and european americans

you should be fucking ashamed of yrself and should apologise, it looks to me like you think people need to be from the united states to matter.

you think that thousands of years of others peoples music are instantly eclipsed by america

you think it's "indirect" european influence that you're using a european language and alphabet right now, it's "indirect" that they founded yr country and that you where borne from their sperm

"approaches to guitar" made by americans are of paramount importance to the universe, inventing the guitar, or one of the long line of similar instruments that preceded it,that means nothing

and lowest of the low you talk like "kurds" aren't real human beings because they don't exist in large numbers in yr country

you need to take a look inside yrself and figure out what it is that makes you think being from macon,ga automatically makes you so much greater than everybody else

i would also appreciate it if somebody would tell me whether you're supposed to use "where" or "were" for past tense because i'm just not sure anymore

seriously sway, no amount of "pavorotti sucks lol acid mother's temple 4eva" is going to change the fact that you are completely capable of respecting other people and what they've given to the world, and choose not to do it.

are you a mormon? did they teach you that the garden of eden was in utah and that the rest of the world was later populated by people jesus kicked out of the united states for not being able to express themselves in an honest way?

if you don't believe that non-americans were/where born elsewhere because an omnipotent being is disgusted by their lack of rock star potential.....then well you need to spend 5 minutes a day thinking about things in a non-arrogant way so you can be less of a dick.

To all of this I say (what I've been saying all along)...

You know, and I know, that YOU know far more people that listen to blues (or that of which came from it...rock/ect) than you know people that listen to opera, gregorian chant, classical music, etc...

Where did youthful rebellion fit into any of this ancient music you speak of? Seriously, I am curious and would like to be enlightened.

ni'k 11.11.2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Genteel Death 11.11.2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Somebody give this poster a medal.

knox 11.11.2010 09:28 PM

im starting to wonder if i should remove the poster above from ignore list
for lols sake i suspect
advice?

floatingslowly 11.11.2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

I love how within an hour or so....this thread has spread four pages long. Esp. in part to those that pretended to show little interest in the beginning. Really, thanks guys.

as titled, it's a formulaic swa() thread.

you make a longass tl;dr including as many different wa(y)s as you can to make people a) offended b) think yr an idiot or c) want to troll you.

nothing's shocking.

needle in the swa(), y'all.

the slum's got sooo much soul.

floatingslowly 11.11.2010 09:31 PM

inb4 lil offend Annie's negcentric ego assplodes, the booze wears off and precipitates yet another ragequit.

ni'k 11.11.2010 09:32 PM

he needs to feel superior, and use music to do so. he needs to feel culturally superior, racially superior if you want to get down to it. he needs there to be something special about his music so so badly. so so badly. something the rest of the world, the people who don't know - something that makes him better than them, gives him something that is more important than them.

it doesn't work. he gets no actual satisfaction. he can't silence the whining child bitch inside that he's only feeding with this petulant irrationality.

that's why i offer the punch in the face.

but do i get any thanks for it?

ni'k 11.11.2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
inb4 lil offend Annie's negcentric ego assplodes, the booze wears off and precipitates yet another ragequit.

must spread rep etc.

knox 11.11.2010 09:33 PM

by the way i met mormons before
and it wasn't this bad

keep poppin pimples 11.11.2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

To all of this I say (what I've been saying all along)...

You know, and I know, that YOU know far more people that listen to blues (or that of which came from it...rock/ect) than you know people that listen to opera, gregorian chant, classical music, etc...

Where did youthful rebellion fit into any of this ancient music you speak of? Seriously, I am curious and would like to be enlightened.

for the love of god please explain to me why you can't right the word kurd in a normal fashion but can do so for words like european, italian or african

please explain this me? why do you hate them so much,also i would like to know whether you cried tears of joy when they were/where gassed by saddam?

how come they need quotes? surely you wouldn't do that if there isn't a reason, and if there is a reason you would be able to articulate it.

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 09:35 PM

+ for the record, I don't think I'm better than anyone else...but I know where rock came from, and I consider it to be important.

Jimi (for good reason) made some attempt at making it in southern USA before Chas Chandler came along and swept him overseas...

And Macon, as a still-standing city, has brought us Little Richard (one of the first rock stars if such things), Otis Redding, The Allman Brother, half of REM, and was a major stopping point along the "chittlin' circuit" (something you should research, if not already aware of, before making an attempt at debate)....The Pinetoppers (which included Johnny Jenkins, perhaps one of the biggest influences on Jimi), Eddie Kirkland thrived here for a while (in his 90's,last I heard, and still performing)...even though from Augusta, GA James Brown first thrived here....

Douglas Theater, motherfuckkkkkers. CBGB ain't even open no more, the Douglas..while more than considerably older...still stands and still hosts shows and movies.

knox 11.11.2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

+ for the record, I don't think I'm better than anyone else...but I know where rock came from, and I consider it to be important.

Jimi (for good reason) made some attempt at making it in southern USA before Chas Chandler came along and swept him overseas...

And Macon, as a still-standing city, has brought us Little Richard (one of the first rock stars if such things), Otis Redding, The Allman Brother, half of REM, and was a major stopping point along the "chittlin' circuit" (something you should research, if not already aware of, before making an attempt at debate)....The Pinetoppers (which included Johnny Jenkins, perhaps one of the biggest influences on Jimi), Eddie Kirkland thrived here for a while (in his 90's,last I heard, and still performing)...even though from Augusta, GA James Brown first thrived here....

Douglas Theater, motherfuckkkkkers. CBGB ain't even open no more, the Douglas..while more than considerably older...still stands and still hosts shows and movies.

[

how does that relate to kurds in quotes.

keep poppin pimples 11.11.2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

by the way i met mormons before
and it wasn't this bad

my best friend was raised by mormons

they locked in his room and fed him through a doggie door, and took away his books

when he decided to move to a group home instead, the church excommunicated him for betraying his family, all his mormon friends stopped talking to him just because he wanted to live somewhere where he could eat at the table

i mean i know some mormons i like but i just can't not think they suck

there's also the time i gave a missionary my phone number so i could get a free book of mormon, and then he left me a voicemail once a month for years

ann ashtray 11.11.2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

[

how does that relate to kurds in quotes.

How does anything you've said relate to the fact that you more or less stated blacks need to "go back to africa"?

knox 11.11.2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

my best friend was raised by mormons

they locked in his room and fed him through a doggie door, and took away his books

when he decided to move to a group home instead, the church excommunicated him for betraying his family, all his mormon friends stopped talking to him just because he wanted to live somewhere where he could eat at the table

i mean i know some mormons i like but i just can't not think they suck

there's also the time i gave a missionary my phone number so i could get a free book of mormon, and then he left me a voicemail once a month for years

are the mormons the same people that go away to face temptations - which means wearing a suit and doing nothing but walking around and not being able to go on the bus?

knox 11.11.2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

How does anything you've said relate to the fact that you more or less stated blacks need to "go back to africa"?

when? when i said black people made a shitload of great music?
i was kind of saying that YOU are not black and YOU did not invent the blues.
idk why i have to say it.