Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NYC G+F love thread. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6733)

ZEROpumpkins 10.06.2006 04:18 AM

NYC G+F love thread.

Underrated. Certainly did not deserve a zero from pitchfork. It is by no means a classic but it deserves some love (again).

Tokolosh 10.06.2006 04:25 AM

Agreed.

blue sunlover 10.06.2006 04:30 AM

Until It Drops Again

nicfit 10.06.2006 04:34 AM

it deserved a 0.0 on pitchfork,because in my opinion this album is out of any voting scale you could come up with.sounds like love,electric rain,water and darkness.one of my favorite records of all times.i bought it the day it was released and it was one of the best days in my life,walking around listening to it that very afternoon. the song NYC g&F performed live is the BEST live performance i've ever witnessed.now i'll shut up.

blue sunlover 10.06.2006 04:37 AM

DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE NAME OF THE ARTIST WHO SANG "fire" IN THE MOVIE "the trip"

ZEROpumpkins 10.06.2006 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue sunlover
DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE NAME OF THE ARTIST WHO SANG "fire" IN THE MOVIE "the trip"

2002 version or 1967?

ZEROpumpkins 10.06.2006 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
it deserved a 0.0 on pitchfork,because in my opinion this album is out of any voting scale you could come up with.sounds like love,electric rain,water and darkness.one of my favorite records of all times.i bought it the day it was released and it was one of the best days in my life,walking around listening to it that very afternoon. the song NYC g&F performed live is the BEST live performance i've ever witnessed.now i'll shut up.

Now thats good love :cool:

blue sunlover 10.06.2006 04:53 AM

Again All Appollos.

I Tried To Figure It Out,but I Couln't Find My Mind

blue sunlover 10.06.2006 04:55 AM

Please Don T Show That Pictue Again Or Do What You Want.please Show It Again

ZEROpumpkins 10.06.2006 05:09 AM

Worst troll ever.

toxic johnny 10.06.2006 07:40 AM

It is every inch a classic and a very inspirational listening experience in my opinion. You either get it or you don't... its as simple as that. I look forward to cherishing this record for the rest of my life... carefully choosing the right moments to listen to it.
You can't ask for more than that.

nicfit 10.06.2006 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Now thats good love :cool:

heh,yeah,i really adore that record..it changes my perception of things every time i listen to it.

Fox 10.06.2006 09:48 AM

One of my five favorites Sonic Youth record, the first one I listened. It contains my favorite SY song (NYC Ghosts & Flowers)

greenlight 10.06.2006 10:54 AM

more i listen to it more i like it.

k-krack 10.06.2006 02:30 PM

It's now officially got lot's of rep with me nostalgically. Listened to it for the first time on my way home from Montreal this summer. I had a really, really good crab bagel/sandwich. man, gooood!

Hip Priest 10.06.2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Underrated. Certainly did not deserve a zero from pitchfork. It is by no means a classic but it deserves some love (again).

It took me quite a while to get into, and then even when I had I considered two the opening tracks to be Sonic Youth's weakest start to an album. But then I heard a bootleg from 2001 and the performances completely changed my view - it'd definitely be in my top five SY LP's now, and it's one that I enjoy from the opening seconds right through to the end. I think the slow discovery of this album's charms has made me appreciate them all the more.

Pax Americana 10.06.2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

I think that review was supposed to be kind of a joke. I mean, he hardly even mentions the album, it's more of a "why Chicago is better than NYC" essay. That said, I agree that this album is awesome and is underrated. "Free City Rhymes" is one of my favorite SY songs.

ZEROpumpkins 10.07.2006 02:07 AM

This is getting much more love than expected. :D

PAULYBEE2656 10.07.2006 02:02 PM

nyc g&f is a classic sonic album. no hits, no riffs just artrocking indie guitar swing at its finest. i love this album streamXsonicsubway and nycg&f are outstanding tracks. if i had to say a weak point id say 1, its too short, nyc should have gone on for 10 more minutes and 2 lightnin, not a lover of that track... cmon the deluxe edition circa 2019

evollove 10.07.2006 02:29 PM

I wonder what Geffen thought when SY turned it in; its easily their least accesible album since...awhile. Geffen, the same people who sued Neil Young for not being commercial enough...I wonder if they scrambled to see if they could get out of the contract, and got pissed when they couldn't???