Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Grinderman thing sounds pretty good (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11936)

gmku 04.04.2007 01:58 PM

Grinderman thing sounds pretty good

Got a preview when I dropped by the ol' record store today. Mgr played an advance CD. I like what I heard.

What's the word on the street?

MellySingsDoom 04.04.2007 02:09 PM

The word in South London is that it rocketh our worlds.

Rob Instigator 04.04.2007 02:14 PM

grinderhouse? what are you talking about?

PAULYBEE2656 04.04.2007 03:05 PM

nick cave warren ellis, jon sclavounos and martyn wylder do the thang.....
amazing record, even more amazing when you consider this is nicks first album where he didnt touch a piano. everything written on guitar and he plays guitar too. he only first learned how to play a guitar about 2 months before recording the album. its an amazing record rob. seriusly everyone check em out!.. quick link if u go to my myspace page (link below). the grinderman myspace link is on my home page........

its basically bad seeds minus a couple and more rockin and seedy and dirty and horny..

luxinterior 04.04.2007 03:20 PM

Yeah, very horny, in fact.

Rob Instigator 04.04.2007 03:54 PM

sounds interesting, but I am not a fan of the nick cave, or the bad seeds, or their plaintive drug soaked melancholia.

I will check it out though.

luxinterior 04.04.2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
sounds interesting, but I am not a fan of the nick cave, or the bad seeds, or their plaintive drug soaked melancholia.

Pish posh.

Rob Instigator 04.04.2007 04:17 PM

have you veer had a band or an artist that every single tool or dipshit or worthelss loser you ever knew in your life was into heavy? and you could not enjoy the band because of this? I am this way with the bad seeds and the FuckEmos

PAULYBEE2656 04.04.2007 04:22 PM

its not yr regular balladeer cave album rob. trust me. its nasty!

luxinterior 04.04.2007 04:27 PM

Quote:

have you veer had a band or an artist that every single tool or dipshit or worthelss loser you ever knew in your life was into heavy? and you could not enjoy the band because of this? I am this way with the bad seeds and the FuckEmos

Well no, not really. I mean I know a lot of douchebags who listen to some of the things I enjoy, but how does that matter?

gmku 04.04.2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

I am not a tool or dipshit or worthless loser so that should help.

It will be out on vinyl, too. So pick it up, man... Next Tues.

Rob Instigator 04.04.2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxinterior
Well no, not really. I mean I know a lot of douchebags who listen to some of the things I enjoy, but how does that matter?

I am talking about the douchebags and dipshits and losers listening to something you do NOT like or have never even listened to and not wanting to because of the associations in yr head.

I will check out the LP gmku and lux.

Savage Clone 04.04.2007 04:37 PM

I like it. Quite a lot, actually.
A girl from my town is in the "No Pussy Blues" video.

noumenal 04.04.2007 04:45 PM

I want to hear it. This pic was all it took, I'm embarrassed to admit:

Virtuosic facial hair.

luxinterior 04.04.2007 05:30 PM

I wanna grab those handlebars.

Toilet & Bowels 04.04.2007 06:10 PM

i heard it in a record shop, it's ok. but as if nick cave has trouble getting laid.

Onani Nic 04.04.2007 06:19 PM

The first few tracks are good but the second half of the album really drags on.

Norma J 04.04.2007 06:56 PM

^^ Yeah I agree. It's a fantastic record. It'd be even more joyous if they'd thrown acouple more tunes like the opening numbers near the end to even it out. But it's still a fucking great record nonetheless.

Everyneurotic 04.04.2007 07:29 PM

it's ok, better than the bad seeds but nothing super extraordinaire. some songs are kick ass, others are meh. i haven't played the album in like two months.

Pookie 04.04.2007 07:59 PM

Most played record in my house at the moment (alongside Wizard of Oz soundtrack, but that's another story!). Can't top Pauly's comments.