Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café V (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112934)

Severian 02.15.2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
R&B album of the year and R&B record of the year for Really Love. That was just the pre show. The main event starts at 8pm. Kendrick already won 3 awards too.. and he's gonna perform there! History in the making!

Excellent. Though I prefer many songs on Black Messiah to Really Love. It's good, but it's one of the only kind if generic sounding R&B tracks on an otherwise sonically boundary pushing album. I'm kinda surprised it's getting the most attention. I would have had Ain't that Easy or 1000 Deaths or Sugah Daddy out in front if I had my way. Or Til it's done.

I believe Kendrick will win AOTY. It wasn't MY album of the year... But he deserves it. I'm actually kind of glad D'Angelo isn't up for AOTY because if he was I'd have to pick Black Messiah. But Kendrick winning the award is the only thing that seems reasonable, in many many different ways.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.15.2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

If I was on the fence about the album, I'd read my comments and go from optimistic to fatigued to "someone shoot me in the Fucking head now and never talk about Kanye West again."

Severian 02.15.2016 07:50 PM

Louder I love this track "The Season/Carry Me" from Malibu. This is some really good fucking shit!!

He does need to lose the period, though. Also, the album cover is kind of hideous. But the music is probably the best neo-soul I've heard since Black Messiah. (Closer to straight up rap at times, though... To me anyway)

Thanks for the rec you guys!

Severian 02.15.2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper_green
uhh, you shouldn't feel embarrassed Sev. your just a fan of music and Kanye.

trust me, I get that guilt music-fan trip everyday. besides sex, food, and family. music is my number 1 idol. I feel it everyday.

I even signed up to Tidal to hear TLOP.

Music and sex are pretty close. But if I didn't have sex in my life, music would mean so much less. Also, there's a ton of shit music out there that I straight up hate. Can't say I've ever had a sexual experience that I hated. More proud of some than others, sure, but... well, you know.

Thanks. I get equally ramped up when discussing my favorite authors. And Superman. I love Superman, and he's like the Jesus of superheroes, but everyone thinks he's lame. It infuriates me.

Severian 02.15.2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

There's a new E-40 album... Can't remember if it's coming out soon or already out. You gonna be into that shit?

louder 02.15.2016 08:35 PM

Best dressed man there.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.15.2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
There's a new E-40 album... Can't remember if it's coming out soon or already out. You gonna be into that shit?

I don't know. I love e-40 but his last few just weren't getting me. I mean, I could hang with them on but I wasn't feeling them enough to go out of my way to get copies.. Essentially i haven't heard an e-40 record that I just HAD to have since The Ambassador

louder 02.15.2016 08:43 PM

Quote:

Louder I love this track "The Season/Carry Me" from Malibu. This is some really good fucking shit!!

He does need to lose the period, though. Also, the album cover is kind of hideous. But the music is probably the best neo-soul I've heard since Black Messiah. (Closer to straight up rap at times, though... To me anyway)

Thanks for the rec you guys!

Yeah he's a cool singer, reminds me of Curtis Mayfield and he can even rap his ass off! And he plays multiple instruments! Now that's talent. He's signed to Aftermath after he released the album so I believe Dr. Dre and them will take care of his image now and find a way to market him to a large audience.

Severian 02.15.2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Yeah he's a cool singer, reminds me of Curtis Mayfield and he can even rap his ass off! And he plays multiple instruments! Now that's talent. He's signed to Aftermath after he released the album so I believe Dr. Dre and them will take care of his image now and find a way to market him to a large audience.

Just read that he's going to be on the new Macklemore & Ryan Lewis album, along with KRS-ONE and Chance. (I know right?)

Oh also, Kanye just tweeted that his album was never going to be for sale, and would only be available on Tidal. He also got mad at pitchfork for not giving him a "30 out of 10" and told Rolking Stone, p-fork and the fucking NEW YORK TIMES to never write about black music again.

I'm gonna go ahead and unfollow him from Twitter right now, and possibly delete my Twitter account altogether. This is why I never read his interviews, watched his videos, read stories about anythjng other than his music or subscribed to his feeds back in the day. What the fuck made me change my mind about that?

Severian 02.15.2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Weird! I remember enjoying music better when I wasn't getting no pussy....like early 20's. I was kinda shy and too excited around women. music was the substitute. I know im the shit now. I can make it flip do cartwheels and pee. blew my mind. I also leave my socks on. it makes me get up all in that freaker. all in dat shit.

oh, trust me. there are sexual experiences that you might not enjoy after the fact. different from me to you but, everyone has one.

I was kind of a slut when I was in my late teens and early '20s. I was also kind of a jerk to women for a while, and took myself way too seriously as a musician and academic, so I got a crazy amount of puss from a lot of intellectually and socially insecure girls.
Then I fell in love with someone and she pretty much fucked that up by treating me like I'd treated other women. And she kept me around for a while too. Kinda toying with me.

So music was either inspiration to imagine a better kind of relationship or it was a salve for an ego covered in third degree burns. I listened to so. much. perfect from now on. in those years.

:(

And yeah, I know why it feels like to regret a sexual encounter. To be left feeling empty but wanting to vomit. But the those feelings never really take hold until *after* the fact. It was always tons of fun *during*

One thing I love about getting older is being in a long term, mature relationship, and not being subject to the rollercoaster ups and downs of sexual emergence.

But I got hella play from like 15-26. :cool:

louder 02.15.2016 09:13 PM

Quote:

Just read that he's going to be on the new Macklemore & Ryan Lewis album, along with KRS-ONE and Chance. (I know right?)

Oh also, Kanye just tweeted that his album was never going to be for sale, and would only be available on Tidal. He also got mad at pitchfork for not giving him a "30 out of 10" and told Rolking Stone, p-fork and the fucking NEW YORK TIMES to never write about black music again.

I'm gonna go ahead and unfollow him from Twitter right now, and possibly delete my Twitter account altogether. This is why I never read his interviews, watched his videos, read stories about anythjng other than his music or subscribed to his feeds back in the day. What the fuck made me change my mind about that?

Sad shit. And I think we've yet to see the end of Kanye's downward spiral.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.15.2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Which is actually pathetic on his part because if he hadn't noticed those media sites are ALWAYS SLURPING HIS DICK BIG TIME. Don't bite the hands that feed you Kanye..

louder 02.15.2016 09:41 PM

Kendrick is performing RIGHT NOW.
http://streamfare.com/cbs.html

louder 02.15.2016 09:51 PM

Holy shit, what the hell was that. Kendrick's best performance to date.

louder 02.15.2016 10:10 PM

Is this the best café volume to date? I think so.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.15.2016 10:13 PM

Quote:

Is this the best café volume to date? I think so.

the best was in Summer 2013 when there was all that SUPER fire hip hop from like EVERYONE and we were ALL happy and we were ALL sharing a lot of shit... that was peak Hip Hop Cafe if you ask me..

and pepper... if you diss Sabbath Bloody Sabbath one more fucking time

its going to be you and I.. is that right John? You and I ;)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.15.2016 10:38 PM

Quote:

we'll just have a go at it then!!!! pound for pound.

noisereductions 02.15.2016 11:38 PM

Quote:

ok. has NR heard the life of paul yet?

nope. Waiting for Spotify. Friday?

Severian 02.15.2016 11:40 PM

Quote:

HA! everyone has got to love Sev!! dude is point on and honest.

hey, I was honest too.

I still know nothing of mature relationships( well, yeah I kinda do with all the live-in-girlfriends).

I have lots of success with ex-married cougars who want young guys.. I lost that romantic muse. I don't really care if I don't find someone. being single and random is ok now.

I found my way without finding a way at all. without romance all those years it's like I'm just meditating.

Yeah, man... I get that. After that girl who really fucked me up, I went on a fucking marathon of insane strange. Wound up getting involved with some genuinely insane women. When that ran its course I stopped having sex for a while. I kinda (not kinda, completely) relapsed near the end with a person who represents my all time low. I then made a deal with myself that I wasn't going to fuck up anyone else's life, and I wasn't going to fuck up my own by dating insane or easy or vindictive people. Also no dumb people. And then I started dating my current girlfriend, who's lovely and smart and good natured and kind. And we have a good thing going. Bonus was I started dating her like a week after "hitting bottom" (no pun intended) so I didn't even have a chance to slip back into my borderline addiction to WRONG, fucked up women.

Real talk though, that girl who broke my heart and dragged it through the dirt... She was actually an amazing person. Not particularly soft or tender, but brilliant and talented. And she broke my heart for a good reason. If I told you what it was you'd think I was trying to be funny. If I told you any more than what I already have, you'd think I was outright lying. So I'll just leave it at this: She was a good girl, and I brought that pain on myself. Did the same with a few other genuinely good girls along the way. I'd love to tell them how sorry I am, but I can't. I can't ever speak to them again. This is how badly I fucked things up.

I actually think this is part of the reason why Kanye's music is so emotional for me. The first song of his that made my heart ache like a Built to Spill tune was "Runaway," and I think it's because... Honestly, all kidding aside, I've been that guy. So when I hear that line ...

"She found pictures in my email, I sent this bitch a picture of my dick, I don't know what it is with females, but I'm not too good at that, see I could have me a good girl and still be addicted to them hood rats, and I just blame everything on you, at least you know that's what I'm good at."

... I get all choked up. I was a hot mess for a long time. Fucked up everything that was good in my life with my selfish decisions and my ego. I like hearing a musician open up about being a total Fucking piece of shit, while also refusing to let that be ALL of what he is.

So I've got a little Kanye in me. In my past. I've been so much better in recent years, but that guilt doesn't ever really fade.

So there's a little window into Severian's perennially tortured soul. Maybe provides a bit of insight into why I fell so hard for Kanye.

Do with that what you will! Also, never pick up women at support groups. NEVER. It should be part of the code of man. You will regret that shit.

Severian 02.15.2016 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
nope. Waiting for Spotify. Friday?

According to Kanye, "never" ... Only on Tidal. Whatever the fuck that insane shit is all about.

So just go to fucking Pirate Bay already, dog.