Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NOFX (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4713)

Spanks 08.01.2006 05:19 AM

NOFX

Anyone like these guys besides me?

lunberg 08.01.2006 06:31 AM

who are they ?

Trasher02 08.01.2006 06:32 AM

ghey

porkmarras 08.01.2006 06:34 AM

Fucking shit,get outta here!

_slavo_ 08.01.2006 07:09 AM

I guess this is not the best way how to introduce yrself to Sonic Youth message board, Spanks.

Try again.

kingcoffee 08.01.2006 08:28 AM

nah, NOFX kinda sucked. Bad skater punk. Most people grow out of their sophomoric brand of punk by late high school. It's kiddy stuff, man. Like Sum 41, blink-182, and all those other shitty bands that intelligent music aficianado's really don't take seriously.

PunkerViolence 08.01.2006 08:47 AM

Yeah i think theyre good. I prefer their early material. Punk in drublic and Ribbed. And the live album is purdy

Danny Himself 08.01.2006 08:50 AM

'Bob' is an amusing song.

Everyneurotic 08.01.2006 08:52 AM

i don't know what's worse, when punk was about being funny and skateboarding or when it's about karate kicks and mascara

PAULYBEE2656 08.01.2006 12:35 PM

no offence but nofx is a loud more heavier and spiker version of coldplay

Spanks 08.01.2006 01:46 PM

yo for the people who hate nofx, is it cause fat mikes a better bassist than kim gordon is?

drrrtyboots 08.01.2006 01:51 PM

Is fat mike 53 years old and performing a non-stop 4 month tour? And his fucking name is fat mike, shut up.

TheDom 08.01.2006 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanks
yo for the people who hate nofx, is it cause fat mikes a better bassist than kim gordon is?

OH SNAP!!!!!!

Disco Chops 08.01.2006 01:56 PM

I dunnooooooo Kim Gordon is below average at bass to me. Fat mike is pretty good

k-krack 08.01.2006 01:57 PM

Quote:

no, its because nofx completely fucking blows, a) what he just said, b) "fat mike" is a retard c) they have minimal musical talent d) the singer sounds like hes got boogers in his throat; always e) nofx completely blows. etc. now shut up you dumbass, besides, this is a sonic youth forum, not a "suck fat mikes balls" forum

Unmade Bed 08.01.2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

What's the standar you use to say he's "better"??

TheDom 08.01.2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
no, its because nofx completely fucking blows, a) what he just said, b) "fat mike" is a retard c) they have minimal musical talent d) the singer sounds like hes got boogers in his throat; always e) nofx completely blows. etc. now shut up you dumbass, besides, this is a sonic youth forum, not a "suck fat mikes balls" forum

damn, you got all up in his grillllllllll

k-krack 08.01.2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDom
damn, you got all up in his grillllllllll

word, dawg.

acousticrock87 08.01.2006 02:00 PM

I don't like NOFX. I am cool yet?!

TheDom 08.01.2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87

hale ya, G

k-krack 08.01.2006 02:04 PM

Quote:

u wuz alwayz cool d00d.

seriously, what do you mean by this??

Spanks 08.01.2006 02:06 PM

I know this isnt a "Fat mike suck my balls" forum this is a "bad band forum"

k-krack 08.01.2006 02:08 PM

Quote:

I know this isnt a "Fat mike suck my balls" forum this is a "bad band forum"

then why the fuck are you here, asshole

i must spread some hate before giving it to spanks again.

acousticrock87 08.01.2006 02:08 PM

I just mean that we don't have to insult the guy cause of a band he listens to, even if we don't like it. This is why people come here, post a few times, and leave.

k-krack 08.01.2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

I just mean that we don't have to insult the guy cause of a band he listens to, even if we don't like it. This is why people come here, post a few times, and leave.

heres my reasoning: he's insulting the band the forum is for. thats just plain retarded.

Spanks 08.01.2006 02:10 PM

well, thanks for putting it in those words, though i dont think they are bad, you do, but i dont like some of the bands that people on this forum listen to, but yeah

Disco Chops 08.01.2006 02:13 PM

Spanks posted about NOFX here because this is the part of the forum where your supposed to post about stuff that has nothing at all to do with SOnic youth....so if he wants to post here of NOFX thats acceptable..thats why this part of the forum is here....so get off his back you dumbass cocksuckers

k-krack 08.01.2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco Chops
Spanks posted about NOFX here because this is the part of the forum where your supposed to post about stuff that has nothing at all to do with SOnic youth....so if he wants to post here of NOFX thats acceptable..thats why this part of the forum is here....so get off his back you dumbass cocksuckers

shutup. if you post about some other band, fine, but if you insult the bery band the forum is for, then yr asking to get that. sorry i may have been harsh, but thats the way it is dude.

Spanks 08.01.2006 02:14 PM

Thanks disco chops, you guys can all listen to sonic youth for the rest of your lives idc listen to bad music by bad musicians

Unmade Bed 08.01.2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

shutup. if you post about some other band, fine, but if you insult the bery band the forum is for, then yr asking to get that. sorry i may have been harsh, but thats the way it is dude.

Damn Straight, you're right man!

Spanks 08.01.2006 02:18 PM

No, Noise is for complete assholes

Inhuman 08.01.2006 02:18 PM

New thread Title: Minor Threat
Quote:

Anyone like these guys besides me?

I love Minor Threat. I plan to pick up a few of their records soon, I really like Ian McKaye's other bands and this one's one of his most popular and they're new to me. I really like the Evens and Fugazi, "Turkish Disco" is such a great song

acousticrock87 08.01.2006 02:19 PM

Haha. Nice save.

Spanks 08.01.2006 02:22 PM

well, when you live in a scene where Shitty music isnt exceptable(sonic youth) then you find another band who isnt shitty to listen too

TheDom 08.01.2006 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
New thread Title: Minor Threat

I love Minor Threat. I plan to pick up a few of their records soon, I really like Ian McKaye's other bands and this one's one of his most popular and they're new to me. I really like the Evens and Fugazi, "Turkish Disco" is such a great song

a few? Just get the one that one compilation they have, Complete Discography.

Disco Chops 08.01.2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Uhhh he didnt start the insulting of sonic youth if you notice someone else..maybe even more then one person..i dont know i wasnt paying good attention started making fun of the band he was posting about..if they didnt like NOFX why did they bother posting on his thread.

Now i know all you sonic youth fans are about to come and defend sonic youth. And its gunna be 23423423 Fans vs. The 2 people on her Spanks and myself defending each other...so its pointlesss just drop this.

Spanks 08.01.2006 02:25 PM

yeah, listen to disco chops and shut the fuck up about me and his opinions on music

alyasa 08.01.2006 02:27 PM

Sad thing is, there are probably going to be a few mere pseud intells who are going to be resentful of this thread and its topic and try to undermine the appreciation of music, if it's not to their liking. I really hope there can be some sort of standard tolerance level that we all can adhere to; unfortunately, some people have no standards at all...

k-krack 08.01.2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco Chops
Uhhh he didnt start the insulting of sonic youth if you notice someone else..maybe even more then one person..i dont know i wasnt paying good attention started making fun of the band he was posting about..if they didnt like NOFX why did they bother posting on his thread.

Now i know all you sonic youth fans are about to come and defend sonic youth. And its gunna be 23423423 Fans vs. The 2 people on her Spanks and myself defending each other...so its pointlesss just drop this.

then why bother STARTING the THREAD dummy. and why try to insult sy!?

Spanks 08.01.2006 02:30 PM

Ok Are You A Fucking Retarded Ass?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I Didnt Start This Thread To Bash On Sy, I Started It To See If Anyone Besides Me Liked Thme, Jesus Fucking Christ Your A Cockass