Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SY play at Nightmare Before Xmas ATP UK Dec 4th-6th (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30273)

greenlight 04.17.2009 01:44 PM

see yous there!

joe11121 04.17.2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Yes I will be, even if I have to kidnap SY's van before the gig so ATP can be held in my room. Yes, I shall be.

Very, very cool. Hope you don't mind if I use this as my signature. It makes me lol every time i see it.

The Earl Of Slander 04.20.2009 08:01 AM

I just decided to say fuck everything, and bought a ticket. I don't have anyone to buy the other half of the twin room yet, which is partially why the doubt, but I'll find someone nearer the time. Can't miss up a chance to see Sonic Youth and My Bloody Valentine at the same fucking festival. And De La Soul! Also there's sure to be a ridiculous number of other awesome bands, considering the curators and how insane that ATP New York line up was last year.This will be my second time for the Yoof (saw them on the DDN tour), but first for MBV. December is so far away!

Mysterygirl 04.20.2009 05:36 PM

I am going to this too - yay! ATP Nightmare Before Xmas might be my favourite festival ever! I went to the last one (Mike Patton/Melvins) and had the most fun, it was December but sunshine, blue skies, walks on the beach, arcade games, Pizza Hut, late night whiskey-soaked shows in a bingo hall, swimming pool, crazy golf - i heart Butlins and music festivals! <3333

Anyway, getting a little over-excited and ahead of myself ;)

Just seeing the bands already announced is immense - it's gonna be outstanding :)

Danny Himself 04.22.2009 12:57 PM

OKAY WTF GUYS I AM GOING TOO LOL

amazing

blunderbuss 04.23.2009 10:15 AM

Don't forget, folks, that the second lot of lower-priced tickets go on sale tomorrow morning (only £10 per person off the full price this time).

http://www.seetickets.com/see/price.asp?code=389580

_slavo_ 04.23.2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Don't forget, folks, that the second lot of lower-priced tickets go on sale tomorrow morning (only £10 per person off the full price this time).

http://www.seetickets.com/see/price.asp?code=389580

so, and what if I wanted to buy a ticket without booking accomodation? is that possible?

blunderbuss 04.23.2009 10:43 AM

No.

That's the super-civilzed thing that makes ATP better than other festivals, the fact that accommodation is included. That and the fact that the music is tons better.

_slavo_ 04.23.2009 11:28 AM

Oh, so my plan that I'd stay with you and greenlight in a cottage, is thus ruined, isn't it?

The Lung 04.23.2009 03:39 PM

Think I will go to this even though it will be a busy time at uni. I don't expect the line up to be as good as 06 but it could still be good.

greenlight 04.23.2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Oh, so my plan that I'd stay with you and greenlight in a cottage, is thus ruined, isn't it?

oh yeah, I forgot about the fact that every ticket is with accommodation and there´s nothing like a "normal tickets"...I think blunderbuss PMed you about 3 bed possibility. it´s up to you know. you better come.

nancykitten 04.23.2009 05:51 PM

Just bought my chalet. This makes up for the misery of Christmas.

Can't fucking waait.

greenlight 04.23.2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancykitten
Just bought my chalet. This makes up for the misery of Christmas.

Can't fucking waait.

hey! have you been @ATP 2 years ago, when Thuston was curating?

blunderbuss 04.24.2009 03:52 AM

_slavo_ : You'd better start looking at the prices of flights, you're coming to England in December.

_slavo_ 04.24.2009 04:04 AM

Ok, I'm in, now it's official.

Y E A H !!!

blunderbuss 04.24.2009 05:47 AM

_slavo_ : yr PM inbox is full

When you look at flights, check for Bratislava to Bristol on Ryanair. They fly out on Friday and back on Monday, and it would be much less hassle than Bratislava to Stansted, and possibly cheaper too.

_slavo_ 04.24.2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
_slavo_ : yr PM inbox is full

When you look at flights, check for Bratislava to Bristol on Ryanair. They fly out on Friday and back on Monday, and it would be much less hassle than Bratislava to Stansted, and possibly cheaper too.

sounds good, but i doubt tickets to Bristol would ever be cheaper than those ones to London.
I'll take a look at it. thanks for the tip anyhow.

greenlight 04.24.2009 09:58 AM

that is so cool you are going _slavo_.

uhmmm, where should I fly then blunderbuss? I would gladly pay for a petrol, but we should synchronize ourselfs with Slavo. at least same airport.

blunderbuss 04.24.2009 10:54 AM

^
Wait and see where Slavo is going to fly to before you make any plans.

greenlight 04.24.2009 05:24 PM

ok.