Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Stolen orange Mustang purchased! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30298)

automatic bzooty 04.16.2009 11:15 AM

Stolen orange Mustang purchased!

someone linked this on last.fm -

http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/...c,22446.0.html

fuckin' awesome. hope the guitar makes it back to lee!

nicfit 04.16.2009 11:21 AM

hell yeah.

atsonicpark 04.16.2009 11:26 AM

insane!

atsonicpark 04.16.2009 11:32 AM

best quote from that thread [regarding lee]:

he typed "fukkerz" in 99!

pantophobia 04.16.2009 11:42 AM

interesting how the paint wasn't refinished on this one and has all it's original dings and marks, particually the long one from the bridge to the base, where as the tele deluxe Lee got back was repainted in metallic blue

also quite interesting that of the 4 guitars that have surfaced, all have been Lee's

Andrés 04.16.2009 12:06 PM

it's always good to take a look every now and then

http://www.sonicyouth.com/history/equipment/

scott v 04.16.2009 12:20 PM

i thought lee was still trying to broker a deal with one of the thief's younger brother or something out in LA to get as much of that gear back as possible... but that was years ago reading that... if my memory is correct i remember reading that the actual theives are in jail for another charge.

btw, i'm reading thru that thread at offsetguitars and its one crazy story... apparantly this guitar has shown up on eBay twice since 1999 and now the connection is being made. the guitar was purchased off of eBay froma seller in California who was a police cheif who played it in a "Police Band" (oh the irony?!?!) to FenderBob in Ohio? then sold again on eBay internationally, if the thread is fact Lee is interested in obtaining the instrument back when they are on tour there the next few weeks. thats cool.

atsonicpark 04.16.2009 12:44 PM

Wow, I'd never seen this:
Fwd: Pro Female Domination and Sonic Youth?
On Wed, Feb 9, 2000,

Steve,

I am writing just to inform you of something that you might get a kick out of and give you a funny grin and say "what the hell?"

I am a professional lifestyle Dominatrix in Pensacola, Florida. The same Pensacola, Florida, that was delighted to have Thursten visit not too long ago when he was down for his family reunion. He happened to stop by a book store and record shop that friends' of mine own and they still mention it to me to this day, since I happen to be an envious fan.

Anywho, I wanted to let you know that I use the album "Washing Machine" during all of my professional sessions. The album not only has great lyrics for doing a BDSM session but also wonderful guitar riffs and drum beats for spanking. He he. I kid you not. I have "performed" if you will, to the album so much that I know exactly how to keep the whipping arm in rhythm to the beats and the amount of silence between each song for whispering something sexy to submissives. Not to mention that most sessions are one hour, the length of the album is perfect. Submissives are getting undressed and lead back to the dungeon with Kim's voice saying "Because of you" and then I know to start cooling them down when "Diamond Sea?" (Is that right?) begins to play. I don't always remember titles correctly but know all the lyrics. Of course, Kim singing "Troubled Little Girl" always brings a sadistic grin to my face each session. How appropriate I always think. Nothing like intense music for such intense, spiritual activity. I've even had submissives ask what I was playing and go buy the CD for themselves.

I thought you might get a kick out of knowing that and if you will, please pass this message on to Kim. I think she would appreciate knowing that I'm liberating us girls from the male white corporate oppression, one ass at a time! ;) I teach submissives that by serving me, they serve all females, by serving all females, they serve me.

Cheers,
Mistress Elise Roquelaure

greedrex 04.16.2009 01:02 PM

amazing gtr.
yes the above letter is hilarious, had seen this before.

EVOLghost 04.16.2009 01:39 PM

OMG I would return it if they would take me out to dinner...

EVOLghost 04.16.2009 01:39 PM

and write a song about me.

greenlight 04.16.2009 02:40 PM

ty vole!

SonikJesus 04.16.2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott v
i thought lee was still trying to broker a deal with one of the thief's younger brother or something out in LA to get as much of that gear back as possible... but that was years ago reading that... if my memory is correct i remember reading that the actual theives are in jail for another charge.

Wait, they actually know who stole the gear? And they can't get it back? Even worse, he was trying to broker a deal for his own shit? Sorry, I just don't know the exact details of the theft. Can someone elaborate?

RanaldoNecro 04.16.2009 07:36 PM

he was trying to broker a deal for his own shit?

Probably what happened was that he was just trying to get it back. This happens a lot in kidnappings...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonikJesus
Wait, they actually know who stole the gear? And they can't get it back? Even worse, he was trying to broker a deal for his own shit? Sorry, I just don't know the exact details of the theft. Can someone elaborate?

pokkeherrie 04.16.2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott v

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonikJesus

that story was reported here
http://www.lacitybeat.com/cms/story/...9&IssueNum=122

Chris Lawrence 04.16.2009 07:53 PM

very cool

"this is an awesome coincidence - it made me remember that video of them finding kim's bass in a pawn shop and asking back for it. this is an awesome coincidence - it made me remember that video of them finding kim's bass in a pawn shop and asking back for it. "

huh?? anyone know what this refers to?

pantophobia 04.16.2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
very cool

"this is an awesome coincidence - it made me remember that video of them finding kim's bass in a pawn shop and asking back for it. this is an awesome coincidence - it made me remember that video of them finding kim's bass in a pawn shop and asking back for it. "

huh?? anyone know what this refers to?

i think this has to do not with Kim, but Steve McDonald of Redd Kross who also had a custom Gibson Thunderbird Bass that was stolen in the early 80s and was found in a LA pawn shop in 1994 with Dave Markey filming along with Steve Mac, Thurston, Bill Bartell in attendance

hevusa 04.16.2009 08:12 PM

fucking cool!
How many total pieces have been found now?

ZEROpumpkins 04.16.2009 10:00 PM

There's an entire forum dedicated to offset-body guitars? Crazy.

neptuneg 04.16.2009 10:48 PM

Chris--

Look at the good your site does! :)