Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   US Govt shutdown (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=99509)

Rob Instigator 10.16.2013 03:42 PM

I trust NOTHING when it is being pushed through a monster such as Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)

dead_battery 10.16.2013 03:44 PM

I am (literally) going to bet on a another democrat in the white house in 2016. Folks, in case you have not been paying as much attention, the republican party is broken and their economic illiteracy and insanity just lost then the support of every single human being who knows how the economy actually works and what they were potentially trying to do to it (suicide). No corporation bar the koch bros is gonna trust them with power as long as the teatards are there. They have fucking destroyed themselves far beyond anyones expectations and I for one will dance on their grave. They are done for the forseeable future. Fucking done.

dead_battery 10.16.2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I trust NOTHING when it is being pushed through a monster such as Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)

Good for u bro dont let ur guard down

dead_battery 10.16.2013 04:14 PM

I am so confident that the repukes are getting WIPED THE FUCK OUT Im gonna be placing bets online for loads of thd elections coming up, and betting is not something I've ever done before. Yes, sometimes the bad guys are so fucking stupid they sabotage themselves. I'll make money off these scun if any bookies are dumb enough to give them decent odds.

tesla69 10.16.2013 04:43 PM

I am curious how the govt can make people work without pay...beyond the threats of firing and disciplinary action.

dead_battery 10.16.2013 05:53 PM

People dont want to lose their jerbs.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.16.2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_battery
I am so confident that the repukes are getting WIPED THE FUCK OUT Im gonna be placing bets online for loads of thd elections coming up, and betting is not something I've ever done before. Yes, sometimes the bad guys are so fucking stupid they sabotage themselves. I'll make money off these scun if any bookies are dumb enough to give them decent odds.

I'll take that bet yo, what is the spread? Remember, the Republicans never quite had their Newt Gingrich steals Christmas moment, and Americans by and large are still (a) center-right in their politics and (b) either overtly or subconsciously racist. The Republicans in 2016 can play the race card, and make the Democrats out to be the party of the brown and blacks, and scare the white folks into submission to the GOP. Its essentially what Reagan meant by, "Its morning in America." ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
I am curious how the govt can make people work without pay...beyond the threats of firing and disciplinary action.

Simple answer? Contracts.